N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: n54 335i
Default Dyno Today! - e85 Questions - 05-29-2014, 01:20 PM

Nice to meet everyone, first post here.

First off my only mod is a jb4 installed a month ago.

A couple days ago for the first time I ran 35% e-85 on Map 5 and the power is Nuts! I love it, however I'm hitting the dyno shop in a couple hours to get some numbers and I still have e-85 in my tank, I wanted to do a baseline run with Jb4 off as one of my 3 pulls.

Can I run no tune with 35% e-85 in my tank? If so will it effect my numbers much?

Also from my understanding running 35% is safe on an otherwise stock car (On Map 5) is this true? It's making over 15lbs of boost.

Thanks guys

I'll post results, I have till 3:45 PST till I'm on the dyno.

(#2)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-29-2014, 01:23 PM

The E85 will inflate the stock numbers. But dyno is not an exact science anyway.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Default 05-29-2014, 01:59 PM

Thanks a lot Terry, Any thoughts on what % e-85 is safe to run on a stock car? or how much boost is safe without down-*****?

mike
(#4)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-29-2014, 02:09 PM

Normally you'd run 40% and map 5. Although map 5 is not always dyno friendly.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5)
Old

Default 05-29-2014, 02:14 PM

Thanks Terry I'll make considerably less power on map 1 vs map 5 on the streets running e-85 right?
(#6)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-29-2014, 02:15 PM

Right.

Burger Motorsports

(#7)
Old

Default 05-29-2014, 06:24 PM

Awesome Day at the dyno! The numbers were really surprising to me, and I'm doubting that this can be safe without down-*****(If you can tell I'm paranoid it's because i went through hell with a mustang), what do you guys think? Thanks!!!

07, AT JB4 E40.

Last edited by Socal Hopeless; 05-29-2014 at 07:05 PM..
(#8)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-29-2014, 08:15 PM

Chart only tells part of the story but looks OK to me!

Burger Motorsports

(#9)
Old

Default 05-29-2014, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Chart only tells part of the story but looks OK to me!
The fact that for 480$ and some E-85 Fuel (cheaper then 91 LOL) We can make that much HP/TQ (on an otherwise stock car) is absolutely amazing

07, AT JB4 E40.

Last edited by Socal Hopeless; 09-19-2014 at 10:01 PM..
(#10)
Old

Car: 2007 BMW 335i coupe
Default 05-30-2014, 06:46 AM

Bad ass man. I gotta get mine on the dyno to see what im making.
(#11)
Old

Car: 2011 e92 335xi
Default 05-30-2014, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Normally you'd run 40% and map 5. Although map 5 is not always dyno friendly.
Terry - can you elaborate on this?

I'm going back to the dyno today...had issues last time with engine temp and map 5 changes without allowing timing to re-learn.

Shall I go to Map7? I did a quick test earlier in the week 7 vs 5...map 5 felt better after several good runs in 3rd and 4th for map learning. Map 7 is first...
Attached Images