N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2008 335i JB4
Default Turbo oil line oring install trouble - 06-13-2021, 01:18 PM

DIYing new turbos install and I am installing new orings on on the loil and coolant lines. I am trying to install my first ones, the oil feed lines. For the life of me I cannot get the lines to fully seat with the new orings on. I put the old orings on and I could shove the line home into the block without much problem. The new oring don't seem overly large. When I try to use the fastener to help seat it, the connection gets kocked. I am at the point where I may just put the old orings back on. I tried tapping connection lightlywith a hammer to seat, used grease, wiggled the hell out of them, all to no avail. In DIY videos, people just seem to wiggle for a few seconds and wallah! Anybody got any tips for stubborn orings?
(#2)
Old
Stalker

Car: 335I
Default 06-14-2021, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonethejackal
DIYing new turbos install and I am installing new orings on on the loil and coolant lines. I am trying to install my first ones, the oil feed lines. For the life of me I cannot get the lines to fully seat with the new orings on. I put the old orings on and I could shove the line home into the block without much problem. The new oring don't seem overly large. When I try to use the fastener to help seat it, the connection gets kocked. I am at the point where I may just put the old orings back on. I tried tapping connection lightlywith a hammer to seat, used grease, wiggled the hell out of them, all to no avail. In DIY videos, people just seem to wiggle for a few seconds and wallah! Anybody got any tips for stubborn orings?
Did you try a bit of oil on them to see if it slides right on? If so it definitely seems like you purchased the wrong O-rings, where did you get them?

Rob

See www.rbturbo.com for N54 Twin Turbo Bolt-On upgrades, or contact directly 314-630-8950 rob.rbturbo@gmail.com for a price quote.