N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#5076)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-24-2020, 09:49 AM

Yes bit0 off means fuel wire are disabled.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5077)
Old

Car: 2019 Q50 Luxe
Default 02-24-2020, 01:29 PM

Do you need any more logs from the new firmware?

2019 Q50 Luxe RWD *JB4 with Bluetooth, Fuel Wires & EWG Connectors*BMS Intakes*AMS Downers*Frozen Boost 101*Megan Y Pipe*ADD W1 Oil Catch Can*HKS BOVs*275/40/19 Firehawk Indy 500s*
423 whp, 450 tq at 16.8psi with E30/JB4/FW/Intakes
12.64 @114mph
0-60 4.46
(#5078)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-24-2020, 02:52 PM

No we're good to go on that front! Just if an issue comes up.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5079)
Old

Car: q60 rs400
Default 02-24-2020, 09:58 PM

Hi, Terry, I just got my stage1, may I ask should I upload firmware for my q60rs. I tried to upload the firmware that was download from 'https://dev.jb4connectkit.com/v1/firmwarelist.html', but it was failed, and also do I need to change the platform selection from 'BMW N54' to 'OBDII/All other models' in setting page? Sorry for my poor language.
(#5080)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 02-25-2020, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetmiku
Hi, Terry, I just got my stage1, may I ask should I upload firmware for my q60rs. I tried to upload the firmware that was download from 'https://dev.jb4connectkit.com/v1/firmwarelist.html', but it was failed, and also do I need to change the platform selection from 'BMW N54' to 'OBDII/All other models' in setting page? Sorry for my poor language.
Stage 1 doesn't do any updates or anything, comes as is.

You need the JB4 for updates.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#5081)
Old

Car: 2018 Q50 Luxe 3.0T
Default 02-25-2020, 10:45 AM

This new firmware is nice. Love the eco valet. Good work guys, excited for ewg

2018 Q50 Luxe 3.0T
(#5082)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-25-2020, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillisV37
This new firmware is nice. Love the eco valet. Good work guys, excited for ewg

Burger Motorsports

(#5083)
Old

Car: q60 rs400
Default 02-25-2020, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Stage 1 doesn't do any updates or anything, comes as is.

You need the JB4 for updates.
After I got failed message yesterday, I could not even connect to the jb4 interface, it is said that I have to upload a firmware before I start the motor, so I upload the firmware that was posted on this thread(Q50_STAGE1_2),and now I get cel light on, what should I do for this error.I currently running map3 with 3.5 psi.Thanks.
(#5084)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 02-25-2020, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetmiku
After I got failed message yesterday, I could not even connect to the jb4 interface, it is said that I have to upload a firmware before I start the motor, so I upload the firmware that was posted on this thread(Q50_STAGE1_2),and now I get cel light on, what should I do for this error.I currently running map3 with 3.5 psi.Thanks.
You would have to get a code reader to check why you have a CEL.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#5085)
Old

Car: 2018 Q60 Luxe
Default 02-26-2020, 09:21 AM

Hey Terry, quick question about AFR. I had my Jb4 off the car for a couple of months while it was in and out of the shop for an electrical issue, but I just threw it back on and updated to the new firmware this past weekend. I've noticed that sometimes while decelerating, my afr jumps to 25 and stays there for a few seconds before dropping back down. Is that what the notes for the new firmware are talking about? "5) Fixed bug with false AFR reading during decel." These logs are from the auto logging feature, so I apologize for the short duration, but I'm too worried to be fully pushing the car at the moment. One is from last night, the other is from back in December on the old firmware. Thanks for your help on this.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2.25.20.csv (6.9 KB, 48 views)
File Type: csv 12.6.19.csv (5.1 KB, 44 views)
(#5086)
Old

Car: 2019 Q50 Luxe
Default 02-26-2020, 09:42 AM

It would say 1000 if the gauge went up high. That is normal, thottle closed, no fuel being provided

2019 Q50 Luxe RWD *JB4 with Bluetooth, Fuel Wires & EWG Connectors*BMS Intakes*AMS Downers*Frozen Boost 101*Megan Y Pipe*ADD W1 Oil Catch Can*HKS BOVs*275/40/19 Firehawk Indy 500s*
423 whp, 450 tq at 16.8psi with E30/JB4/FW/Intakes
12.64 @114mph
0-60 4.46
(#5087)
Old

Car: 2017 Infiniti Q50S
Default 02-26-2020, 02:35 PM

New to JB4 and I have some (what I hope to be) basic questions:
1) On the Stillen Turbo Efficiency blog, they reference Stock RS Boost table (max 14.5 psi). Is there anyone with the same type of table for the Stock "Silver" Sport?
2) Or similarly, is there a direct conversion from RS to SS?
3) If I wanted to target 17.5 total max boost on a stock Silver Sport, what is the max boost adder for Map 6?
4) In the BT App for JB4, I see Firmware Version: 50/2//5. How do I "convert" this to JB4_VR30_OBDII_# format to know what is loaded to my unit?

Thank you in advance!!!!

Todd (TX_Q50S)

2017 Q50S, Hemholtz Axel Back, JB4 (fuel wires not installed, yet), always 93
Austin, Texas
(#5088)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-26-2020, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balakay
Hey Terry, quick question about AFR.
Normal as fuel is cut off during deceleration on all modern vehicles.

Burger Motorsports

(#5089)
Old

Car: q50
Default 02-27-2020, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_Q50S
New to JB4 and I have some (what I hope to be) basic questions:
1) On the Stillen Turbo Efficiency blog, they reference Stock RS Boost table (max 14.5 psi). Is there anyone with the same type of table for the Stock "Silver" Sport?
2) Or similarly, is there a direct conversion from RS to SS?
3) If I wanted to target 17.5 total max boost on a stock Silver Sport, what is the max boost adder for Map 6?
4) In the BT App for JB4, I see Firmware Version: 50/2//5. How do I "convert" this to JB4_VR30_OBDII_# format to know what is loaded to my unit?

Thank you in advance!!!!

Todd (TX_Q50S)

2017 Q50S, Hemholtz Axel Back, JB4 (fuel wires not installed, yet), always 93
Austin, Texas
1/2. SS is set to make about 8-9 psi stock.
3. You need to log it without any adder and see what the car makes and then slowly add boost and see how the car responds. Don't just throw a big number out there.
4. You should always be pulling the firmware file from the 2nd post in this thread which is the latest and the post has a rev history of what changed.

Q50 Premium RWD
BMS JB4 w/ FW, WMI, EWG
C@less D 0wn P 1pipes, Y pipe, Mid pipe
BMS HE
Low cost LSD
Z1 billet subframe bushing collars
(#5090)
Old

Car: 2018 Q50 3.0t
Default 02-27-2020, 07:18 AM

Quick question on the MPH within the JB4. I have a 2018 3.0t without navigation. I added MPH to the gauge screen on my phone and compared it to my spedo. The spedo reads 1-2 MPH faster than the JB4. It is not a lag issue as I can hold speed steady and it stays with that same delta. I am thinking it is 2-3% difference as it seems to be steady 2MPH at higher speeds (60) and 1 MPH at lower (30-40). Does my car still have GPS that JB4 reads from or is something else at play? Thanks!

Last edited by JCB; 02-27-2020 at 08:15 AM..
(#5091)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-27-2020, 09:09 AM

The dash and ECU might be getting differently scaled values. I think they usually set the speed to read a little high.

Burger Motorsports

(#5092)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50
Default 02-27-2020, 07:44 PM

can Someone review this log jb4 has been running a bit odd the last few days

https://***********/u/hectorsianez/map-5?log=0&data=1-4
(#5093)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50
Default 02-27-2020, 07:45 PM

File is now included

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali_Q50
can Someone review this log jb4 has been running a bit odd the last few days

https://***********/u/hectorsianez/map-5?log=0&data=1-4
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2020-02-27 17_57_40_Map-5.csv (5.9 KB, 49 views)
(#5094)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0T Premium RWD
Default 02-28-2020, 04:49 PM

Log with beta v8 firmware - Boost limit by gear test - major help with traction - very cool!!
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2020-02-28 17_15_43_Map-6.csv (8.9 KB, 52 views)

2017 Q50 Premium RWD
  • BMS JB4 w/ Fuel Wires
  • BMS CAI w/ Inlets
  • BMS WMI w/ BM7ís
  • Pure Stage 2 Turbos
  • Z1 PU Motor Mounts
  • AMS HX w/ Aux Tank & IC Pump
  • AMS HPFP (RA338) & LPFP
  • AMS Flex Fuel Kit v2
  • AMS LDP
  • Fast Intentions Res. Touring 2.5Ē CBE
  • Mishimoto Oil Catch Can
  • EcuTek Flash (Seb @ Specialty Z)
(#5095)
Old

Car: Q50
Default 03-01-2020, 01:43 PM

Did another pull this morning with fuel wires on

map 5 91 octane

Again felt smooth

3rd gear then shifted into 4th

The car threw a code P0101 I guess it’s a MAF code, cleared it and it seems fine

Does the log look ok compared to my log last week with fuel wires off

2019 lux 5500 miles

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2020-03-01 06_16_49_Map-5.csv (19.1 KB, 51 views)

2019 Q50 Luxe
JB4 + Fuel Wires
91 Octane
(#5096)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-01-2020, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrobohm
Log with beta v8 firmware - Boost limit by gear test - major help with traction - very cool!!
Nice!

Burger Motorsports

(#5097)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-01-2020, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali_Q50
File is now included
What is the issue exactly? And does it come up on a lower map like map1 or map2?

Burger Motorsports

(#5098)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-01-2020, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vietnameeh
Did another pull this morning with fuel wires on

map 5 91 octane

Again felt smooth

3rd gear then shifted into 4th

The car threw a code P0101 I guess itís a MAF code, cleared it and it seems fine

Does the log look ok compared to my log last week with fuel wires off

2019 lux 5500 miles

Thanks
Log itself looks OK to me. What intake?

Burger Motorsports

(#5099)
Old

Car: 17' Q50S
Default 03-01-2020, 04:25 PM

Hello...new log on on beta 8. I could not find setting for "boost by gear" so i'm running my current map 6 with tapered boost up to +6. The Valet (Map8) seems to work flawlessly. I'm on 91 octane w/cbe and drop in filter.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2020-03-01 12_21_59_Map-6.csv (11.1 KB, 40 views)
File Type: csv 2020-03-01 11_44_06_Map-6.csv (8.6 KB, 45 views)
(#5100)
Old

Car: Q50
Default 03-01-2020, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Log itself looks OK to me. What intake?
Stock intake

2019 Q50 Luxe
JB4 + Fuel Wires
91 Octane