N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#5051)
Old

Car: Q50
Default 02-17-2020, 06:20 PM

Hate to be the one to ask, but any timeline or idea of a release date of how far out for the EWC?
(#5052)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-17-2020, 07:13 PM

No set timeframe. Hope to roll out a few test cars in a week or two though.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5053)
Old

Default 02-17-2020, 07:18 PM

Exciting news! Thank you for the update! Please PM if need a test car to test on. My Q sees action every Friday through Sunday. Would love to push it against everything else thats on the playing field!
(#5054)
Old

Car: 16 Infiniti Q50 3.0t AWD
Default 02-17-2020, 08:01 PM

Here are my logs with the new firmware. The eco mode worked as expected switching to map 8. It actually pulled pretty good for only 9-10lbs of boost, especially at about 5500rpm or so when timing went up to 10*. My map 6 is pretty maxed out and maybe a little on the lean side. It was about 45* outside and it was only hitting about 16-17psi.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2020-02-17 16_21_39_Map-6.csv (6.3 KB, 61 views)
File Type: csv 2020-02-17 16_25_46_Map-6.csv (7.9 KB, 69 views)
File Type: csv 2020-02-17 16_30_31_Map-8.csv (6.7 KB, 56 views)
File Type: csv 2020-02-17 16_31_04_Map-8.csv (7.8 KB, 61 views)

2020 BMW M340ix Portimao Blue
K&N drop in, JB+, Intake muffler delete

2016 Q50 Premium 3.0t AWD (GONE)
K&N drop ins
Megan Racing Lowers
Megan Racing Y p!p3
BMS Heat Exchanger
JB4 W/fuel wires Map 6 custom
E20ish mix made 413whp 410wtq (17-18psi peak)
(#5055)
Old

Car: 2019 Q50 Luxe
Default 02-18-2020, 09:07 AM

Add me to the list of beta testers as needed. I'll update my firmware this evening

2019 Q50 Luxe RWD *JB4 with Bluetooth, Fuel Wires & EWG Connectors*BMS Intakes*AMS Downers*Frozen Boost 101*Megan Y Pipe*ADD W1 Oil Catch Can*HKS BOVs*275/40/19 Firehawk Indy 500s*
423 whp, 450 tq at 16.8psi with E30/JB4/FW/Intakes
12.64 @114mph
0-60 4.46
(#5056)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-18-2020, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonmon
Here are my logs with the new firmware. The eco mode worked as expected switching to map 8. It actually pulled pretty good for only 9-10lbs of boost, especially at about 5500rpm or so when timing went up to 10*. My map 6 is pretty maxed out and maybe a little on the lean side. It was about 45* outside and it was only hitting about 16-17psi.
Thx! Working on fueling changes also as that has become more of an issue in our EWG connector testing where we can make a lot more boost down low.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5057)
Old

Default 02-18-2020, 11:35 AM

More boost down low.. I guess I'll just stick to strictly roll racing now. Traction will be non existent lol

I broke traction badly the other day during a 40 roll

2019 Q50 Luxe RWD *JB4 with Bluetooth, Fuel Wires & EWG Connectors*BMS Intakes*AMS Downers*Frozen Boost 101*Megan Y Pipe*ADD W1 Oil Catch Can*HKS BOVs*275/40/19 Firehawk Indy 500s*
12.64 @114mph
0-60 4.46
(#5058)
Old

Car: q50
Default 02-18-2020, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Thx! Working on fueling changes also as that has become more of an issue in our EWG connector testing where we can make a lot more boost down low.
How does the factory lean spool mode impact the fueling changes? Are you talking about commanded AFR with the fuel wires?

Q50 Premium RWD
BMS JB4 w/ FW, WMI, EWG
C@less D 0wn P 1pipes, Y pipe, Mid pipe
BMS HE
Low cost LSD
Z1 billet subframe bushing collars
(#5059)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-18-2020, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serstylz2
More boost down low.. I guess I'll just stick to strictly roll racing now. Traction will be non existent lol

I broke traction badly the other day during a 40 roll
lol you've also got boost by gear to limit it in 1st and 2nd.

Burger Motorsports

(#5060)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-18-2020, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddnspider
How does the factory lean spool mode impact the fueling changes? Are you talking about commanded AFR with the fuel wires?
Still doing development on the fueling end, will post more info when we're ready.

Burger Motorsports

(#5061)
Old

Default 02-18-2020, 05:52 PM

Quote:
lol you've also got boost by gear to limit it in 1st and 2nd.
That's true.. I only have it set for 1st... lemme get new tires first to get to alleviate the problem lol

12.64 @114mph
0-60 4.46
(#5062)
Old

Default 02-19-2020, 04:50 PM

Some city WOT pulls. Probably not the best data but better here than sitting on my phone unused.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2020-02-19 18_45_01_Map-8.csv (243.6 KB, 75 views)

12.64 @114mph
0-60 4.46
(#5063)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-19-2020, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serstylz2
Some city WOT pulls. Probably not the best data but better here than sitting on my phone unused.
Looks nice and slow. Thanks!

Burger Motorsports

(#5064)
Old

Default 02-20-2020, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Looks nice and slow. Thanks!
Painfully slow lol. The interface is quicker and smoother on my phone too. Good updates

12.64 @114mph
0-60 4.46
(#5065)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0T Premium RWD
Default 02-20-2020, 08:52 AM

Agreed - log refresh rate update is noticeable with the beta v8 firmware.

2017 Q50 Premium RWD
  • BMS JB4 w/ Fuel Wires
  • BMS CAI w/ Inlets
  • BMS WMI w/ BM7s
  • Pure Stage 2 Turbos
  • Z1 PU Motor Mounts
  • AMS HX w/ Aux Tank & IC Pump
  • AMS HPFP (RA338) & LPFP
  • AMS Flex Fuel Kit v2
  • AMS LDP
  • Fast Intentions Res. Touring 2.5 CBE
  • Mishimoto Oil Catch Can
  • EcuTek Flash (Seb @ Specialty Z)
(#5066)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-20-2020, 09:48 PM

One option we're exploring for augmenting the fueling system is physically attaching to the high fuel pressure sensor on the back of the engine. It's just a PITA to reach, need to pull a solenoid bracket off the top to reach back there. Waiting on connectors to come in but we'll see how that goes and evaluate if it's worthwhile. Right now with EWG control we've got a lot more power potential but on E85 need to get the fuel trims down to take advantage of it.

Burger Motorsports

(#5067)
Old

Default 02-21-2020, 12:57 PM

Are you guys using a upgraded lpfp for that E40 blend? When I would use E, I would go up to E30 on stock fuel pump and was great maybe the first 20-30 minutes, then as driving continued, encountered jerking. From there if I use an E mix, I would try and stay around E20-25.

Now I opt for torco or even better boostane. Big difference in using these than E. I will mention I'm aware of the issues with the orange coloring n plugs needing to be replaced. Although, I haven't had any issues with my plugs yet and have been running the octane boosters on weekends, and flush it out with 91 during the week. Just some info thought I'd share from what I've been doing lately for higher boost n race night.
(#5068)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 02-21-2020, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella
Are you guys using a upgraded lpfp for that E40 blend? When I would use E, I would go up to E30 on stock fuel pump and was great maybe the first 20-30 minutes, then as driving continued, encountered jerking. From there if I use an E mix, I would try and stay around E20-25.

Now I opt for torco or even better boostane. Big difference in using these than E. I will mention I'm aware of the issues with the orange coloring n plugs needing to be replaced. Although, I haven't had any issues with my plugs yet and have been running the octane boosters on weekends, and flush it out with 91 during the week. Just some info thought I'd share from what I've been doing lately for higher boost n race night.
Are you in a really cold climate?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#5069)
Old

Default 02-21-2020, 01:11 PM

No, I'm not to far from your location. A bit more south of the border, on the other side of the fence but could say socal area. I notice the car being a bit more responsive as well with the octane boosters compared to E20-25 blend.
(#5070)
Old

Default 02-21-2020, 02:06 PM

Quote:
My exact same experience, 30 was too much and I had bad jerking and sputtering, 23 ran great but I got afraid of the potential damage I was doing that I could not see/monitor

12.64 @114mph
0-60 4.46
(#5071)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-21-2020, 02:34 PM

Quote:

Factory low pressure pump on ours currently. The issue is fuel trims not fuel pressure, in most cases.

Burger Motorsports

(#5072)
Old

Default 02-21-2020, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Factory low pressure pump on ours currently. The issue is fuel trims not fuel pressure, in most cases.
I hear you. Hoping and have fingers crossed that it all works out as planned! Even if theres a end result wit a lesser HP gain from EWC,it'd be a great addition to the VR world!

Thank you for the continued updates on this project. Always nice to hear whats going on and how it's coming along!
(#5073)
Old

Default 02-23-2020, 04:34 PM

Decided to do a real pull since I was driving at 5am

4th gear
91 octane
Map 5
I also turned off the fuel wires as I keep hearing suggestions that it may not be the best idea for someone on 91 octane

Does it look ok, there was a bit a hesitation when I stepped on it but it pulled smoothly all the way through

(I normally just run map 2, but wanted to see if map 5 would be ok based on someone else local to me is running)

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2020-02-23 06_04_00_Map-5.csv (14.5 KB, 54 views)

2019 Q50 Luxe
JB4 + Fuel Wires
91 Octane
(#5074)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-23-2020, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vietnameeh
Decided to do a real pull since I was driving at 5am

4th gear
91 octane
Map 5
I also turned off the fuel wires as I keep hearing suggestions that it may not be the best idea for someone on 91 octane

Does it look ok, there was a bit a hesitation when I stepped on it but it pulled smoothly all the way through

(I normally just run map 2, but wanted to see if map 5 would be ok based on someone else local to me is running)

Thanks
It sat in lean spool mode a little down low but pulled smooth and ignition looks clean to me.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#5075)
Old

Default 02-24-2020, 08:38 AM

Quote:
It sat in lean spool mode a little down low but pulled smooth and ignition looks clean to me.
Thanks Terry!

I will try again with the fuel wires on, assuming this log looks like the fuels wire are off LOL

2019 Q50 Luxe
JB4 + Fuel Wires
91 Octane