N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#701)
Old

Car: C400
Default 03-12-2019, 05:38 PM

Hi Terry,

I'm running Shell 93 octane and flashed the latest firmware on the JB4, and have been experimenting with maps 1 & 2 on an old version stage1 harness without the pin for FP moved. I bought a d-sub removal tool but it may have been the wrong size (it's the red and white tool). I couldn't get the OBD green wire into the channel on the tool. Elsewhere in this thread it was commented that it wasn't a big deal to not have the FP pin moved unless you were running E85, etc. Is that still true with JB4 and latest firmware?

I'm attaching a log for you to take a look at, if you wouldn't mind. It's difficult to get long full-throttle pulls where I live (even on the expressway) but there was data with the WOT-only graphing setting so hopefully there's enough data to see if things are running ok.

Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-03-12 09_11_23 (M276DELA30)_Map-2.csv (165.6 KB, 116 views)
(#702)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-12-2019, 09:59 PM

Log itself looks good here. Trims are not maxed so no need for fuel pressure connection in this instance.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#703)
Old

Car: c450
Default 03-14-2019, 08:50 AM

能在cla45上作用嗎?jd4
(#704)
Old

Default 03-15-2019, 04:10 PM

Can someone please review the attached scan? C400 map 5. Ambient was 90* hence the 123* IAT. Running 30% E85, rest is 93. Also I do not have the green fuel wire connected.
4th gear pull.
Attached Files
File Type: csv C400 2019-03-15 16_18_13_Map-5.csv (11.6 KB, 122 views)
(#705)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-15-2019, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewJ
Can someone please review the attached scan? C400 map 5. Ambient was 90* hence the 123* IAT. Running 30% E85, rest is 93. Also I do not have the green fuel wire connected.
4th gear pull.
Seems strong to me although I'd consider attaching the fuel pressure wire at some point.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#706)
Old

Thumbs up 03-15-2019, 05:27 PM

Thanks for the quick response. The throttle position concerned me since it took awhile to open even through peddle went 100 from the start.

Planned on connecting sensor when I got the intake but maybe I'll do it before then now.
(#707)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-15-2019, 05:39 PM

Throttle is used to regulate boost, looks normal to me.

Burger Motorsports

(#708)
Old

Car: 2015 Mercedes C400
Default 03-16-2019, 06:43 AM

Hey Terry, just got my JB4 installed. Log attached- car is a '15 C400 running 93 octane on Map 2. Is it just me or is boost low (~12psi)? Also, are those AFRs lean? I'm used to running around 12 AFR in my previous turbo cars.

Let me know!
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-03-16 09_24_40_Map-2.csv (5.7 KB, 97 views)
(#709)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-16-2019, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bzammitt
Hey Terry, just got my JB4 installed. Log attached- car is a '15 C400 running 93 octane on Map 2. Is it just me or is boost low (~12psi)? Also, are those AFRs lean? I'm used to running around 12 AFR in my previous turbo cars.

Let me know!
Looks about right to me. It's a direct injection motor so depending on load AFR will run in the 13s at peak HP on the C400. Fuel trims are not maxing out so that side looks OK.

Boost will come up when weather warms up as the boost target is load based, and the JB4 is then adding to that factory target.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#710)
Old

Car: C43 AMG
Default 03-18-2019, 02:04 PM

Hey Terry, I just ran some logs on Map 6 (added ~1 psi on top of map 2), 95 octane. Can you take a look?
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-03-14 20_36_07 Map-6.csv (4.7 KB, 93 views)
(#711)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-18-2019, 07:05 PM

Seems fine to me!
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#712)
Old

Default 03-21-2019, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Seems fine to me!
Thanks for the reply! Is it safe to add more psi and maybe attach the green wire?
(#713)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-21-2019, 10:33 AM

You can attach the fuel pressure connection and log with it.

Burger Motorsports

(#714)
Old

Car: Mercedes
Default 03-21-2019, 10:53 AM

Hey Terry

Yesterday my car pulled a cel doing a pull. I was running map 6 +8 psi with 94 octane and full bottle of boostane. Should be roughly 99-100 octane. The code was P0057 just curious if you have any idea why? Thanks
(#715)
Old

Default 03-21-2019, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Log itself looks good here. Trims are not maxed so no need for fuel pressure connection in this instance.
Thank you, good to know. Do you guys offer just the (updated) wiring harness for the C400? I'd like to eventually go for more boost and want to log fuel pressure.
(#716)
Old

Car: Mercedes C400
Default 03-22-2019, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Trims are maxed out, set open loop to 40, attach green connection, and run the same log.
Here's a similar run with the green connection. Looks better?
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-03-22 23_01_22 Map-7.csv (7.7 KB, 102 views)
(#717)
Old

Car: 2017 C43
Default 03-24-2019, 11:36 AM

Did a 1/4mile run last night on Map1 and 92 gas, managed to beat my own E30 record.

Log of the same run

On stock size DWS06 tires, ~8C ambient, T/C completely off, and green plug is in. Can't wait to see runs with E30 blend on Map6
(#718)
Old

Car: W212 M276 DELA 30 ; W211 OM642
Default 03-26-2019, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msg93
Did a 1/4mile run last night on Map1 and 92 gas, managed to beat my own E30 record.

On stock size DWS06 tires, ~8C ambient, T/C completely off, and green plug is in. Can't wait to see runs with E30 blend on Map6
Thats impressive, what app are you using to measure the times if you don't mind me asking? It might be the JB4 app for all I know, I don't own one yet.
(#719)
Old

Car: Q50
Default 03-27-2019, 06:25 AM

Hi guys dumb question (I’m an infiniti owner helping a Mercedes friend lol)

For anyone who’s ordered a jb4, did you guys receive your jb4s in a stage 1 box?

We ordered from a 3rd party retailer who mistakenly sent us a JB1 so we sent it back, but now he’s telling us that burger sent him another 1 in an indentical box that says stage 1, but he’s claiming he reached out to burger and burger says it’s a jb4 that they provided. So I asked the retailer to make sure it has the obd2 plug provided

Just wondering if anyone received their jb4 like that? My jb4 for Infiniti Q50 came in a red box saying jb4, this one is coming in a black box that literally says stage 1 on it.

The jb4 box i have has check boxes for all makes that burger makes a jb4 for, so I am little confused

Thanks!

Last edited by vietnameeh; 03-27-2019 at 07:38 AM..
(#720)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-27-2019, 09:53 AM

The box is the same (we check mark JB1 or JB4 on the side), the difference is the control board and OBDII.

Burger Motorsports

(#721)
Old

Default 03-30-2019, 06:03 AM

Please review attached log when you get a chance.
E85 30% ; 93 70%
Green fuel plug is attached.
Pulled a car and a half on a FBO lightning during scan, pulled strong but wonder if it was still learning the fueling since I just plugged that sensor in.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 0_2019-03-29 16_21_40 (C400)_Map-7.csv (11.0 KB, 89 views)
(#722)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-30-2019, 01:22 PM

Looks fine to me!
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#723)
Old

Default 04-02-2019, 01:36 AM

Attached the green plug. Do you think I can safely add 0.5 psi? Also why is the AFR always 0?
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-03-23 12_08_02 Map-6-7.csv (6.8 KB, 90 views)
(#724)
Old

Default 04-02-2019, 04:55 AM

Also odd your mph is 0, do you have the OBD2 connector installed?
Im new to reading these logs but probably not good your car pulled all of your timing after hitting 20psi, i dont think adding 0.5psi more would net you any increase in power unless you are adding it down low.
Edit:what fuel are you using?
(#725)
Old

Default 04-02-2019, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewJ
Also odd your mph is 0, do you have the OBD2 connector installed?
Im new to reading these logs but probably not good your car pulled all of your timing after hitting 20psi, i dont think adding 0.5psi more would net you any increase in power unless you are adding it down low.
Edit:what fuel are you using?
I'm running on E30. I did release the throttle when I hit 20 (not on purpose) so I don't think that's an issue. Yeah, I have the OBDII plugged in.