N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#3951)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-08-2019, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddnspider
Log check please, map 6 at the track. I can feel and tell it's cutting throttle at the top of 1st. I've heard this is common to prevent over rev.
Yes you over-revved first. Lower boost in 1st to improve traction.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3952)
Old

Car: q50
Default 03-08-2019, 08:12 PM

You think the timing in high gear isn't too jagged? Ps....12.6 @112. Not bad for a little ol RWD Premium
(#3953)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-08-2019, 09:10 PM

Seems fine to me, no sharp drops.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3954)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 03-09-2019, 07:02 PM

Guess I missed the announcement...

JB4 Methanol Injection Kit for Infiniti Q50 / Q60

Terry,
Any installers you would recommend in the Dallas, TX area?
(#3955)
Old

Default 03-09-2019, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esco
Guess I missed the announcement...

JB4 Methanol Injection Kit for Infiniti Q50 / Q60

Terry,
Any installers you would recommend in the Dallas, TX area?
there's a thread specifically for this in this section of the site.
(#3956)
Old

Car: 2017 Q60 Premium AWD
Default 03-11-2019, 12:38 PM

Hello all,

New member here, just ordered my JB4 for my 2017 Q60 premium AWD. I’ve had the car for 7 months now and love it, but it’s time for more power.
I’m from Kansas so I’m limited to 91 octane, will I be able to run map 2 or a tapered map 6 with a max of 5psi on pump gas?
(#3957)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0T Premium RWD
Default 03-11-2019, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn1114
Hello all,

New member here, just ordered my JB4 for my 2017 Q60 premium AWD. Iíve had the car for 7 months now and love it, but itís time for more power.
Iím from Kansas so Iím limited to 91 octane, will I be able to run map 2 or a tapered map 6 with a max of 5psi on pump gas?
A common question from the non-93 states. Truth is only logging will tell how your Q will handle different maps. Starting with Map2 is a good start - do some runs and post the logs for the forum to review. If all looks good at Map2 - proceed to a slightly higher peak boost map - log the runs - post the logs for review.

2017 Q50 Premium RWD
  • BMS JB4 w/ Fuel Wires
  • BMS CAI w/ Inlets
  • BMS WMI w/ BM7ís
  • Pure Stage 2 Turbos
  • Z1 PU Motor Mounts
  • AMS HX w/ Aux Tank & IC Pump
  • AMS HPFP (RA338) & LPFP
  • AMS Flex Fuel Kit v2
  • AMS LDP
  • Fast Intentions Res. Touring 2.5Ē CBE
  • Mishimoto Oil Catch Can
  • EcuTek Flash (Seb @ Specialty Z)
(#3958)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-11-2019, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Hello all,

New member here, just ordered my JB4 for my 2017 Q60 premium AWD. Iíve had the car for 7 months now and love it, but itís time for more power.
Iím from Kansas so Iím limited to 91 octane, will I be able to run map 2 or a tapered map 6 with a max of 5psi on pump gas?
Map2 should be fine on 91, we run it all the time on ours.

Burger Motorsports

(#3959)
Old

Car: Q50
Default 03-11-2019, 03:50 PM

I installed my fuel wires and Iím looking for a way to waterproof the connections, I tried some heat shrink but it didnít shrink small enough for the wire. I regularly wash my engine bay, and donít want any issues. Thanks for the help.

2017 Q50 RS AWD
JB4+FW
AMS intakes
FI ldp
FB HE
(#3960)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-11-2019, 03:54 PM

We haven't had any reports of water damage or intrusion on the posi-taps. But the JB4 enclosure itself while water resistant should not be directly soaked.

There are these things called posi-tight but I've never tested them myself: Posi-Tite- Watertite Connector

Burger Motorsports

(#3961)
Old

Default 03-11-2019, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
We haven't had any reports of water damage or intrusion on the posi-taps. But the JB4 enclosure itself while water resistant should not be directly soaked.

There are these things called posi-tight but I've never tested them myself: Posi-Tite- Watertite Connector
I had seen these, but it looks like they are butt connectors, not taps.

2017 Q50 RS AWD
JB4+FW
AMS intakes
FI ldp
FB HE
(#3962)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-11-2019, 04:20 PM

You could also just squirt some dielectric grease on the connection point.

Burger Motorsports

(#3963)
Old

Default 03-11-2019, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Map2 should be fine on 91, we run it all the time on ours.
Good to hear, Iíve read elsewhere that even 4psi is problematic on 91 octane. Iíll be sure to log some runs and post them here with every increase of boost.
(#3964)
Old

Default 03-11-2019, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Good to hear, Iíve read elsewhere that even 4psi is problematic on 91 octane. Iíll be sure to log some runs and post them here with every increase of boost.
Definitely interested in seeing your results

I have my jb4 just waiting for break in and run 91 octane
(#3965)
Old

Default 03-12-2019, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRQ50
I installed my fuel wires and Iím looking for a way to waterproof the connections, I tried some heat shrink but it didnít shrink small enough for the wire. I regularly wash my engine bay, and donít want any issues. Thanks for the help.
That is not a good idea. The engine bay is not meant to be completely sealed and handle direct water intrusion.
(#3966)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-12-2019, 04:16 PM

Quote:
We have map1 setup with 4psi in the midrange tapering to 2psi up top, we haven't met a 91 octane fuel yet that can't handle it. And most can handle more. But when in doubt just use the JB4s logging feature to capture the data and find out for sure how the car likes it.

Burger Motorsports

(#3967)
Old

Default 03-12-2019, 08:31 PM

This is Map7,fuel wires, and E30 mix. How do I read this to know if its safe to turn it up a little more?
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-03-12 07_07_04 Map-7 (1).csv (10.8 KB, 89 views)
(#3968)
Old

Default First log - 03-13-2019, 02:26 PM

Hey Terry

Just finished installing my JB4, here are my first logs, one on map 1 & a short one on map 2
91 octane, completely stock, & 60 degree outside temps

I assume the ecu_psi is what the stock ecu is calling for in boost, if that’s the case then aren’t mine a little high for a non Red Sport, especially with map 2?
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-03-13 15_02_20 map-1.csv (11.6 KB, 85 views)
File Type: csv 2019-03-13 15_04_36 map-2-1.csv (8.0 KB, 81 views)

Last edited by Robyn1114; 03-13-2019 at 10:18 PM..
(#3969)
Old

Default 03-13-2019, 05:50 PM

I assumed it would ship with the most recent firmware, I guess not. Now that it’s updated I’ll do some more testing tomorrow.
Map 2 definitely leaves a smile on your face, looking forward to trying a torque happy red light to red light map 6 setup
(#3970)
Old

Car: 2019 Q50 Sport
Default 03-13-2019, 07:29 PM

Quote:
You're on a race gas/E85 mix map. Drop down to map2 and log again.
Here is map 2.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-03-13 20_23_30 Map-2.csv (12.1 KB, 81 views)
(#3971)
Old

Car: Q50RS
Default 03-14-2019, 01:30 PM

Disconnected my JB4 for an oil change; went to install based on original connection steps and I’m getting a malfunction error when I start up. Can someone point me in right direction? Loose pins or missed connection?
(#3972)
Old

Car: Q50RS
Default 03-14-2019, 02:55 PM

Never mind, back to normal. Something was loose in the control box.
(#3973)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-14-2019, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltiodolfo
Here is map 2.
Good looking more normal. You could give map3 a whirl.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#3974)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-14-2019, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsonsq50
This is Map7,fuel wires, and E30 mix. How do I read this to know if its safe to turn it up a little more?
That's as high as I'd run it, and you may have better results in map5. Evaluate both and see which works best for you.

Burger Motorsports

(#3975)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-14-2019, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldLady
Never mind, back to normal. Something was loose in the control box.
Some of the earlier harnesses had a tendency to have a pin in the MAP connectors come loose causing a similar thing. If it comes back let our support know and we can swap the harness out for you.

Burger Motorsports