N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#476)
Old

Car: M5
Default 03-28-2016, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERM5
Yep, I'm thinking that's going to become a necessity with higher power levels. Right now I'm keeping it above 4.5k-5krpm to preserve the DCT, so I'm pretty much avoiding the peak-torque range.
That's actually a good idea, 22psi is about all I would give it on the street with the limitations in fuel and traction. It is a real rocket and few cars can touch the m5 at this psi on the highway....
(#477)
Old
Master

Car: 2013 E92 335ix
Default 03-31-2016, 11:51 AM

This is from first post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
'5 1st gear boost limiter. (Tach = boost cap / 3)
'6 2nd gear boost limiter. (Tach = boost cap / 3)
'7 3rd gear boost limiter. (Tach = boost cap / 3)

I've also attached some default settings. These will be changing as we continue development but use these for a starting point.
Hey Terry or anyone knowledgeable, 3 questions:

1. Can you please explain how the boost limiter works? Tach @ 1000 = boost cap (so 26psi?) divided by 3?

2. The attached default settings in the first post for Map 6, are those settings matching Map 2?

3. Can you give a breakdown of Map 1 and Map 2 per RPM? This would give me an idea of how to change Map 6.

Currently only running the JB4, just purchased the BCM.

Current: 2018 M550i
Audio: Focal IFBMWv2 (all interior speakers replaced) powered by Zapco Z150.6LX frontstage, 1x JL Audio 13W7AE powered by JL Audio 1200/1v3 substage, DA3, Helix DSP Pro MK2
Mods: None yet

Past: 2013 M6 F12
Audio: Focal Utopia BE 7, 2x JL Audio 8W7 powered by JL Audio 1200/1v3 substage, DA3
Mods: JB4

Past: 2013 335ix E92
Audio: JL Audio 1000/1 powering 2x JL Audio 13TW5
Mods: JB4 Stage 2 (Map 5, 40% E85), BMS Intake, ER Charge Pipe
(#478)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-02-2016, 04:49 PM

I can when I return Wed. But, they are boost caps by gear. Easiest to adjust them in the JB4 interface on the user adjustment page. Regardless of what you enter the JB4 is programmed to never allow targeting of less boost than stock. At least for now.

On the boost profile if you log map1 and map2, the "target" value in your log, is basic boost curve you'd manually enter under map6. Be aware though one has to pay close attention to fuel trims, AFR, timing, PWM, etc, when doing custom mapping.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#479)
Old
Master

Car: 2013 E92 335ix
Default 04-13-2016, 06:19 AM

Hey Terry,

I installed my BCM a few days ago and it's been running great.

I got a code pop up yesterday: 107001 No Description Found

Any idea what that might be? Also I can feel an occasional vibration/stuttering at idle, more than I had experienced before.

Current: 2018 M550i
Audio: Focal IFBMWv2 (all interior speakers replaced) powered by Zapco Z150.6LX frontstage, 1x JL Audio 13W7AE powered by JL Audio 1200/1v3 substage, DA3, Helix DSP Pro MK2
Mods: None yet

Past: 2013 M6 F12
Audio: Focal Utopia BE 7, 2x JL Audio 8W7 powered by JL Audio 1200/1v3 substage, DA3
Mods: JB4

Past: 2013 335ix E92
Audio: JL Audio 1000/1 powering 2x JL Audio 13TW5
Mods: JB4 Stage 2 (Map 5, 40% E85), BMS Intake, ER Charge Pipe
(#480)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-13-2016, 07:39 AM

Might be a normal tuner/airmass plausibility code as its in that range. But don't have the description for that exact number.

If the car trips airmass codes you'd set mode 4/1 in dash to handle them.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#481)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-13-2016, 01:10 PM

Individual support requests are removed from this thread. If you need tech support you'll want to make a thread in the support area or email the details to tech support. But generally speaking misfires could be a fueling issue. You'd need to include a JB4 log for any form of evaluation. When hunting misfire problems you'd want to disable auto clear by setting menu 4 in dash to 0 (the default setting).

Burger Motorsports

(#482)
Old

Car: e93 335 i
Default 04-15-2016, 03:37 PM

Easy installation. JB4 + BCM

Map2 18psi running ok - 1,1 sec faster from 100-200km/h then stock (db scanner)
Map1 19psi cluches are slipping 4th gear and higher
Map3 22psi cluches are slipping as hell from 3th gear and higher

Is there any update planed to save cluches? I think there are a lot of people who want to install JB+BCM+DPs and go higher maps without upgrading DCT with stock turbos.

Anybody customized Map6 about 22psi with no slippage?
(#483)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-15-2016, 03:43 PM

Map2 is 22psi, map1 is 19psi. So you may want to do a map6 at around 20.5psi peak if map2 is too strong. You'd want to post logs to the support area though for evaluation.

Burger Motorsports

(#484)
Old

Car: e93 335 i
Default 04-15-2016, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Map2 is 22psi, map1 is 19psi. So you may want to do a map6 at around 20.5psi peak if map2 is too strong. You'd want to post logs to the support area though for evaluation.
Bluetooth connector doesnt work and is on the way to donnie. After returning ill keep you updated.
(#485)
Old

Car: 2014 BMW M5
Default 04-15-2016, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevan335
Easy installation. JB4 + BCM

Map2 18psi running ok - 1,1 sec faster from 100-200km/h then stock (db scanner)
Map1 19psi cluches are slipping 4th gear and higher
Map3 22psi cluches are slipping as hell from 3th gear and higher

Is there any update planed to save cluches? I think there are a lot of people who want to install JB+BCM+DPs and go higher maps without upgrading DCT with stock turbos.

Anybody customized Map6 about 22psi with no slippage?
I was able to run 24psi on meth and not slip clutch as long as I was shifting WOT at redline. Only time I slipped clutch was WOT pulls from lower RPMs in the taller gears.
(#486)
Old

Car: 13 M5 DCT
Default 04-16-2016, 03:41 PM

What is the max meth additive setting/number we can use without clutch slippage? what psi does that equate to? I have jb4+bcm+meth (cm5 nozzles)
(#487)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-16-2016, 04:36 PM

There is no absolute there. Start low and work your way up. CM5 is a bit on the small size for nozzles, so you may run out of fuel, before the clutch slips.

Burger Motorsports

(#488)
Old

Default 04-17-2016, 06:42 PM

No DCT problems here with map 2 @ 22psi, just keep it at 4.5k rpm and above in higher gears.

Attempted my first 60-130 tonight - ~55 degrees, slight uphill slope, 2nd gear start, spun straight to redline then hooked up once shifting into third. Still managed a 7.7:

On a slight decline with traction in 2nd this car definitely has low 7s (if not 7 flat) in it on this map. Was really shocked to see I was in the 7's given the horrendous start and uphill. Car flat out moves.
(#489)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-17-2016, 07:22 PM

A photo of the box isn't useful. You take the run file saved on the SD card and load it to vboxtools.com

Burger Motorsports

(#490)
Old

Default 04-17-2016, 07:32 PM

Yes, I haven't had the opportunity to install the software on my new laptop and didn't have a card on me, next time!
(#491)
Old

Car: 2012 335is
Default 04-20-2016, 08:18 PM

Can we buy JB4 w/o BCM then upgrade later if we keep modding? I don't see what the upgrade cost is when moving up to BCM.
(#492)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-20-2016, 08:24 PM

Yes, the BCM is on the updates page as an add on.

Burger Motorsports

(#493)
Old

Default 04-23-2016, 09:12 PM

Which is the best ECU tune to compliment the JB4+BCM+meth?

ESS or BPM or other?

http://esstuning.com/s63tu-piggyback...-ecu-software/

http://www.bpmsport.com/cars/bmw/m5/s63-tune.html

I believe member "allmotor" switched from ESS to BPM? any reasons? I am mainly looking for top speed removal and cold start delete
(#494)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-23-2016, 09:15 PM

We had BPM flash our M5 with a speed removal, which worked out nicely today at the Shift Sector half mile race.

Burger Motorsports

(#495)
Old

Default 04-24-2016, 07:31 AM

That's more like it - Map 2, 93oct, full weight, still having traction issues in second. Definitely room for improvement with a better tire.

Seems like the filed saved so will update with graph.

Updated with graphs, verified:

Last edited by ERM5; 04-24-2016 at 08:30 AM..
(#496)
Old

Default 04-25-2016, 06:07 AM

Quote:
We had BPM flash our M5 with a speed removal, which worked out nicely today at the Shift Sector half mile race.
- Any way to incorporate speed removal and cold start delete in the JB4 options?

- What list of ECU updates do you recommend as we get the BPM flash beyond speed removal and cold start delete? ...such as modified a/f, throttle etc

From ESS;

ESS S63T Piggyback backend ECU Software

Backend ECU software for the 2012+ M5/M6 for use with aftermarket piggyback controllers that control boost, etc.

This file offers the following options :

-Correct AFR control for higher boost pressure. AFR target is set to 12:1 under high load/boost conditions.
-Removed top speed governor
-Increased RPM limiter (+400RPM)
-Removal of catalytic converter diagnostic functionality (for off road use only)
-Removal of *** heat cycle (for off road use only)

Last edited by steeve13m; 04-25-2016 at 06:18 AM..
(#497)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-25-2016, 08:35 AM

I can't way we suggest anything other than removing the speed limiter via the flash, at this time. But it's something we'll work at in the future with BPM. Once they drill/flash the DME the first time it can be updated via OBDII which would speed up development.

Burger Motorsports

(#498)
Old

Car: 335i M sport
Default 04-25-2016, 02:00 PM

Where is the latest s63tu software ? Link please I can not find it

2014 - M6 f06, FabWorx Ctlss DP's, JB4, FSB meth, Turner Exhaust.
2012 - 650i M sport JB stage 1 (Gone)
2009 - 335i N54 JB4, DINAN CAI, MACHT SHNELL DP'S, HPF FMIC, ER CP, SYNAPSE BOV, EISENMANN RACE EXHAUST, BT OIL CC, COOLINGMIST/SNOW PERFORMANCE METH INJECTION - 427 WHP DYNOJET (Gone)
(#499)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-25-2016, 02:09 PM

Firmware is in the first post.

Burger Motorsports

(#500)
Old

Car: 2010 X5M - Alpine White on Sakhir Orange
Default 04-26-2016, 12:19 AM

Bump for wanting E70 X5M support to be able to use the JB4, BCM and meth controller. At this time I've got a stage 2 tune, exhaust (gutted factory down *****, added in an x-pipe, muffler delete with Vibrant resonators) and intake system in the works. I'd love to run meth, not only for being a power adder but also for its cleaning abilities before my heads look like something I've seen on 335i's. I can go from mild to wild, but at the same time I've got ZERO way to control the ECU with any of these kits on thw chance I lose meth pressure due to a clogged line, so all these fancy controllers in the kit are nothing more than an indicator that I've toasted my engine if I don't get outta the throttle soon enough. Mind you since I've got no meth tune, I'd only run straight water to maybe doing -30 washer fluid and a bottle of Heet until meth tuning becomes available.

http://www.coolingmist.com/pagedispl...key=turbo_kits - as simple as they get, then I'd use my washer fluid for a reservoir

http://sohiperformance.com/i-2151943...lWxBoCmf3w_wcB - nice looking kit but still seems overkill at the moment and I've got no desire to have a gauge installed into my interior unless needed

http://howertonengineering.com/product/aquamist-hfs-4/ - extreme kit, but the same issue still remains...ECU control.

Give the S63 non-TU some love!!

Last edited by m5james; 04-26-2016 at 12:31 AM..