N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
Tuner

Default JB4 s63tu world record. Again... 770whp - 11-20-2015, 12:34 PM

I'm sure these JB4 record threads are getting tiring by now... But just got back from dyno testing our 2015 M5 development car and I'm happy to report we raised the bar yet again.

The car has a JB4, BCM, BMS intake, BMS chargepipes, BMS methanol (dual CM7 nozzles, straight methanol today), Dodson clutch packs, and around 95 octane fuel. Half and half 100 with 91. What's so amazing about this car is it runs factory turbos, factory exhaust system including all emissions equipment, factory rims/tires, etc. The mods can be installed and removed in literally an hour or so.

Notes on the testing:

1) Pushed boost up to 30psi to get power up to 770whp. What's interesting is that the JB4 monitors boost in both banks, while the passenger side bank produced 30psi the driver side bank running the same duty cycle produced only 27psi. If both banks could get up to 30psi we might see 800whp stock turbos and exhaust!
2) With the dual CM7 on 100% meth the car is still fuel limited. Trims maxed out around 28psi and AFR pitched a little leaner than I'd like. This car probably needs dual CM10 nozzles.
3) The BMS s63tu intake seems to be worth around 15whp peak at this boost level. Not bad at all.
4) We tested the 60-130mph last night at 6.7s at 26psi, which produced ~720whp on the dyno today. The current limitation with improving those times is traction. On the factory tires that 6.7s took some driving. We will probably give it another shot at the higher power level but I think we're going to need R888's or drag radials to really use this power.
5) The Dodson clutch packs are simply awesome. Must have for any DCT over ~675whp. We've had PURE TURBO install them on three of our development cars and they've done a great job with each.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2)
Old

Car: 335i M sport
Default 11-20-2015, 12:38 PM

This is insane, dude do you honestly think intake gained some ? You were the 1st one to say it wouldn't however great numbers, Idk how you got more than allmotor with the pure stage 1 ? How did you get to 30 psi ? 100 additive ? Thanks !

2014 - M6 f06, FabWorx Ctlss DP's, JB4, FSB meth, Turner Exhaust.
2012 - 650i M sport JB stage 1 (Gone)
2009 - 335i N54 JB4, DINAN CAI, MACHT SHNELL DP'S, HPF FMIC, ER CP, SYNAPSE BOV, EISENMANN RACE EXHAUST, BT OIL CC, COOLINGMIST/SNOW PERFORMANCE METH INJECTION - 427 WHP DYNOJET (Gone)
(#3)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-20-2015, 12:41 PM

At this power level the intake definitely helps, both with spool, and peak HP. It's not a huge improvement so don't expect 30hp especially at lower boost levels. But if you go in to it hoping for 10whp I don't think you'll be disappointed. It sounds a lot better too and doesn't look half bad. Overall it's going to be a popular product I think. Intro price will be around $429.

On the boost profile this was using map6 setting boost at each RPM, then hand tuning duty bias to keep boost on target. I will take what I learned from this tuning session at higher boost levels and translate it over to map8 in a future firmware version.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4)
Old

Default 11-20-2015, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
At this power level the intake definitely helps, both with spool, and peak HP. It's not a huge improvement so don't expect 30hp especially at lower boost levels. But if you go in to it hoping for 10whp I don't think you'll be disappointed. It sounds a lot better too and doesn't look half bad. Overall it's going to be a popular product I think. Intro price will be around $429.

On the boost profile this was using map6 setting boost at each RPM, then hand tuning duty bias to keep boost on target. I will take what I learned from this tuning session at higher boost levels and translate it over to map8 in a future firmware version.

Terry, you're always so reasonable with prices, I'm sure I can speak on everyone's behalf, we appreciate it. I can't wait for the the new firmware. You're the best. Thanks !

2009 - 335i N54 JB4, DINAN CAI, MACHT SHNELL DP'S, HPF FMIC, ER CP, SYNAPSE BOV, EISENMANN RACE EXHAUST, BT OIL CC, COOLINGMIST/SNOW PERFORMANCE METH INJECTION - 427 WHP DYNOJET (Gone)
(#5)
Old

Car: 335i/m6
Default 11-20-2015, 01:04 PM

Awesome Terry congrats!!! Keep it going man I love your products always pushing them!
(#6)
Old

Car: 2011 E92 335xi
Default 11-20-2015, 01:09 PM

Good stuff Terry! +1 on the clutch packs. I just hate them for stop and go traffic though.

AWE Non-Res Exhaust | AWE CF Intake | AWE ColdFront | ER DP | ER Chargepipes | JB4 Stage 3 | Custom SS Methanol | Swift Springs | TPG/DSS 1200hp Axles | Dodson Superstock DCT Clutch | PURE Stage 2 Hi-Flo
(#7)
Old

Default 11-20-2015, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sA x sKy
Good stuff Terry! +1 on the clutch packs. I just hate them for stop and go traffic though.
Why ?

(#8)
Old
Legend

Car: 07-335i
Default 11-20-2015, 01:12 PM

Wow... Thats crazy power!

Mike

www.n54tuning.com

(#9)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-20-2015, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sA x sKy
I only ever notice them when the car is cold. You get a louder shift noise. Other than that don't even know they are there when driving. I know they are sensitive to install, its an involved process to set them up that involves measuring the installed height, etc.

Burger Motorsports

(#10)
Old

Default 11-20-2015, 01:29 PM

Terry what I've noticed that straight 100 octane is so much more effective than a mix, even when I do a 70/30 mix i don't feel as much difference VS 100% 100 octane.

(#11)
Old

Default 11-20-2015, 01:31 PM

Can I ask you why is e85 is not a good application to s63tu with jb4 ? Is it because it's running already lean and with e85 it'll be too lean ? Because even though "tunes" suck the car deff responded to e85 nicely

(#12)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-20-2015, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iMspizzle
Can I ask you why is e85 is not a good application to s63tu with jb4 ? Is it because it's running already lean and with e85 it'll be too lean ? Because even though "tunes" suck the car deff responded to e85 nicely
The fuel system isn't really up for 30% more volume at these power levels.

Burger Motorsports

(#13)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-20-2015, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Terry what I've noticed that straight 100 octane is so much more effective than a mix, even when I do a 70/30 mix i don't feel as much difference VS 100% 100 octane.
The platform isn't *that* octane sensitive especially with meth. As long as the octane is 95-96 I doubt the extra does much when under 26psi. In this case I think we'd have been better off with straight 100 though as there were a few timing drops on some runs.

Burger Motorsports

(#14)
Old

Car: 335is
Default 11-20-2015, 02:21 PM

interested in 1/4 mile times!!!!!
(#15)
Old

Car: '70 E9 Turbo, '88 M5, '11 335d
Default 11-20-2015, 02:25 PM

Damnit, now I need to buy a M6
(#16)
Old

Default 11-20-2015, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure Turbos
I need those stage 2 turbos guy, let's do it !!!!!

(#17)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-20-2015, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure Turbos
You should! The M6 is lighter and runs around 1-2mph faster at half mile races all else being equal.

Burger Motorsports

(#18)
Old

Car: 2011 E92 335xi
Default 11-20-2015, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Why ?
As Terry said, when the clutches are cold, the shift sounds are more noticeable. I don't know about Terry, but when they are cold, the shifts are also a little more harsh for me. Firm but harsh. It's much better over time.

But stop and go traffic wise, whenever you come to a stop, you feel the clutch disengage. Whenever you put your foot on the gas to engage the clutch, you feel that too. It's like a mild clunk.

Thankfully I still have my 335 and M4 isn't daily anymore. Need to remod the 335 with PURE's now too lol

AWE Non-Res Exhaust | AWE CF Intake | AWE ColdFront | ER DP | ER Chargepipes | JB4 Stage 3 | Custom SS Methanol | Swift Springs | TPG/DSS 1200hp Axles | Dodson Superstock DCT Clutch | PURE Stage 2 Hi-Flo
(#19)
Old

Default 11-20-2015, 04:13 PM

Amazing work Terry!! That is INSANE power, I mean you're getting into Veyron territory with an M5 on stock turbos and exhaust. All this is telling me, must. get. M. 5!! Haha
(#20)
Old

Car: F06 N55 640i Gran Coupe
Default 11-20-2015, 04:34 PM

Just as mentioned, no one else on earth knows better than him!

Good job T.

2014/2009 M4/335 COUPE
FULL CF Add On All around, Gloss/Matt Custom Wrap
JB4 Stack On BM3/MHD ECU tune, Upgraded S2 Turbo
Custom Cold Air, Dual nozzle charge pipe
SSP 900 Clutch kit, Custom Spoiler
AndyTuning Custom Map 6
SS DP n FULL Custom Exhaust
Custom BC forge 18/17 set up
Brembo Gt 380mm F&R/ 355mm F&R
(#21)
Old

Car: 2014 F10 M5 CP Frozen Grey
Default 11-20-2015, 05:05 PM

Nice!!! That's a gorgeous curve. Do you think the leaner AFR's are helping some?

Now you are making me go to the dyno again!!!

Last edited by allmotor_2000; 11-20-2015 at 05:16 PM..
(#22)
Old

Car: 2014 F10 M5 CP Frozen Grey
Default 11-20-2015, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Down4it
Amazing work Terry!! That is INSANE power, I mean you're getting into Veyron territory with an M5 on stock turbos and exhaust. All this is telling me, must. get. M. 5!! Haha
At the last shift-s3ctor this power level was only 3-4mph shy of Veyron SS in the 1/2 mile!
(#23)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-20-2015, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allmotor_2000
Nice!!! That's a gorgeous curve. Do you think the leaner AFR's are helping some?

Now you are making me go to the dyno again!!!
On the AFR probably helping power a bit, but I'd like them richer. And I need to get bank2 on the logging software. I installed dual CM10 nozzles today and will do more logs later. Hopefully that lets us get trims more under control.

Burger Motorsports

(#24)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-20-2015, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Down4it
Thanks! The car scoots for the tank that it is. I'd suggest an M5 or M6 to anyone who has room in the budget for it. Really awesome cars and obviously well designed from the factory for 700whp+ power levels on mostly factory parts.

Burger Motorsports

(#25)
Old
ElevenPointFive

Car: 2009 135i
Default 11-21-2015, 08:30 AM

Wow, this is unreal.

2007 Porsche 997 Turbo - 6MT - Midnight Blue
Cobb Stage 1

2008 E90 335xi - AT - TSM
MHD Stage 2+ ~ BMS Intake ~ AMS FMIC ~ CPE