N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#7576)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-19-2013, 08:17 PM

Too high on menu 12 will force boost over target which will then lead to funky throttle and/or fuel trim behavior depending on the JB4 version being used.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#7577)
Old

Default 09-20-2013, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Make sure you're measuring economy tank to tank using the odometer. I would not be surprised if the DME was very inaccurate with the various flash tuning changes we make on that end. But as a general rule lower DWP (menu 10) will result in less tip in boost and better economy. ISO19 was pretty decent firmware also. I always tell people run whatever works best for them. Half the time when we change something to improve it for customer A we make it worse for customer B. Although, I'm pretty happy with 26.6 currently.
I do both (tank and live). The economy reads high in the car by a bit, but its consistent. Can't cover up a 5mpg loss - it means 3 trips to work instead of 4 per tank. I have a straight flat bridge and set cruise control and play with it; feeling and reading. The issue I am at now is that I can find a good setting for cruise, but then tip in is bad and the wastegates are too open on accell (no punchiness, makes a different noise, requires more throttle. If I set for punchy throttle, I lose a ton of economy. Basically while two options (10 and 12) are great, they don't fix the heart of the problem which I the algorithm. Settings that trade off performance vs economy can work, but throw in rattle fix and there just isn't a good answer. The wastegates rattle from improper adjustment. As our cars age they will get more out of spec (mine need adjusting again). Eventually it makes more sense to just fix the problem rather then tanking economy or performance to cover. That's my $0.02.

Can someone PM me one of the ISOs from 17-19? Preferably closer to 19 since I think 17 had some weird tip in setting.

Terry,

Have you ever thought of setting menu 12 to a performance/economy versus rattle fix toggle and then having 10 be the adjustment within that wastegate logic?

Thanks!

2008 335i Coupe 6MT
JB4G5, DCI, Wagner FMIC

Last edited by rudypoochris; 09-20-2013 at 12:21 AM..
(#7578)
Old
Tuner

Car: 2009 335i AT
Cool 09-20-2013, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudypoochris
Can someone PM me one of the ISOs from 17-19? Preferably closer to 19 since I think 17 had some weird tip in setting.

Thanks!
See end of this post:
http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1895

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#7579)
Old
Legend

Car: BMW E90 335XI
Default 09-20-2013, 08:01 AM

Hi buddies
> *My car is awd with at transmission. I am using 25.hex should I use the
> latest firmware. I read forum some of users were talking about fud20 with
> 26.5,26.6.
> Should I do the same what community do? I am sorry for ignorance just want
> to learn from you
> Thank you very much
(#7580)
Old

Car: 08 535xI
Default confusion - 09-20-2013, 08:09 AM

I'm very confused as to what this latest ISO is doing. Terry, could you break down what this update is? For instance, do I have to change the FutureUseD setting or did you change it? The way things are worded in the ISO update is confusing for a few people I know including myself.
(#7581)
Old
I love me some used mods!

Car: nothing at the moment....
Default 09-20-2013, 08:13 AM

(both of) you guys need to read....seriously, all the information is listed on the FIRST page and you can catch up from there on pages 76, 77 and 78.

COBB AP|CP-e|ETS|ER|Forge DVs|KW V1|M3 Sways|BBS CH|BMS|
(#7582)
Old

Car: 08 535xI
Default 09-20-2013, 08:30 AM

Ok got it, I only read what the update was on page one and that confused me but after reading 76-78 it makes more sense. I'm still not sure if I need to make any changes to menus 10,12 though.
(#7583)
Old
Tuner

Car: 2009 335i AT
Cool 09-20-2013, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Sna1ls
Ok got it, I only read what the update was on page one and that confused me but after reading 76-78 it makes more sense. I'm still not sure if I need to make any changes to menus 10,12 though.
If your not experiencing WG rattle and you are happy with your pedal response.... no need to make changes.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#7584)
Old

Car: 135
Default 09-20-2013, 11:40 AM

Does menu 12 have anything to do with the car oscillating back and forth or kinda surging at low speeds (20 or 30mph)? I was able to fix this in ISO25 by changing meun 10 to 70.
now its returned in 26.5
(#7585)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-20-2013, 11:43 AM

Update to 26.6 and adjust as needed.

Burger Motorsports

(#7586)
Old
ex deus machina

Car: E92 N54 335i
Default 09-20-2013, 12:56 PM

Just converted my G5 board to ISO, holy sweet Christ this thing is GOOD, no more low throttle jitter, very smooth, not peaky like before…

I’m going drag racing today and I have some questions.

I see the 18.5psi max on racing map 7. What is the max boost on Map3?
I see setting of boost additive 0-75, What is the 75 boost target? (if that is the correct question to ask)

Garage Queen: Audi S4 4.2L V8, Vortech Supercharger, Bilstein PSS9 Coilovers, Sway-bars, RS4 brakes and rear BBK, Fast Intentions - Full Exhaust, 505AWTQ 0-60: 3.8s
Daily Driver: E92 335i N54: complete part out - let me know of any parts you need:

https://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55650
(#7587)
Old

Car: bmw
Default 09-20-2013, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHECKERED
Just converted my G5 board to ISO, holy sweet Christ this thing is GOOD, no more low throttle jitter, very smooth, not peaky like before…

I see setting of boost additive 0-75, What is the 75 boost target? (if that is the correct question to ask)
I am fbo and I hit 18-18.5 psi with 60 additive but my safety limit is set at 19psi also running E40 fuel mix and the BB AT race flash

2008 e92/MHD Wedge E85/Alpina TCU /RB Inlets/MMP Outlets/Vrsf DP/Helix FMIC/Forge DV/BMS CP/DCI/Fuel It st2/TBI/TC Kline/Swift SA coils/MF lsd/Hotchkis sway bars/M3 front and rear links/ Diff LDK/AKG Race subf/diff bushings/Megan toe links /TSW18 forged Nurburring/Mich PSS 245/265 /BMW(Brembo)M perf 370mm BBK

Last edited by Robert; 09-20-2013 at 04:58 PM..
(#7588)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-20-2013, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHECKERED

Map 3 is still a variable target based on the additive, meth flow, and timing advance. The range is 0-80 where 0 is around 13psi and 80 is around 20psi peak. We suggest 40 for pump gas, 60 for E85/race gas, normally.

Burger Motorsports

(#7589)
Old
Pessimistic Poster

Car: 135i N54
Default 09-21-2013, 09:47 AM

I accidentally changed Menu11, the default is still 80 correct?

Also, maybe someday we can get a FutureUse option to swap menus 10 and 12 to menu 1 or 2? When you are trying to dial it in its a lot of button presses to get up and down all those menus each time!
(#7590)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-21-2013, 10:13 AM

Menu 11 adjust itself but 40 in dash is the default.

No plans to reorg the menu as it would cause mass confusion. It's a lot of clicks but once dialed in should not need to be touched.

Burger Motorsports

(#7591)
Old
I love me some used mods!

Car: nothing at the moment....
Default 09-21-2013, 11:35 AM

The 26.6 firmware is by far the best firmware I've seen with the G5 module, smooth with zero waste gate rattle on my car (FBO, MT and BMS flash). Those who had trouble with any of the previous '26' firmwares should definitely give this one a try as Terry did a great job combining the best of 25 and 26.

COBB AP|CP-e|ETS|ER|Forge DVs|KW V1|M3 Sways|BBS CH|BMS|
(#7592)
Old

Default 09-21-2013, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Map 3 is still a variable target based on the additive, meth flow, and timing advance. The range is 0-80 where 0 is around 13psi and 80 is around 20psi peak. We suggest 40 for pump gas, 60 for E85/race gas, normally.
Got a question regarding running meth on map7. How do I set it up ???

2008 e92/MHD Wedge E85/Alpina TCU /RB Inlets/MMP Outlets/Vrsf DP/Helix FMIC/Forge DV/BMS CP/DCI/Fuel It st2/TBI/TC Kline/Swift SA coils/MF lsd/Hotchkis sway bars/M3 front and rear links/ Diff LDK/AKG Race subf/diff bushings/Megan toe links /TSW18 forged Nurburring/Mich PSS 245/265 /BMW(Brembo)M perf 370mm BBK
(#7593)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 09-21-2013, 03:53 PM

Meth will flow on map 3 and map 7 without adjusting any FU values.
(#7594)
Old

Default 09-21-2013, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHotness
Meth will flow on map 3 and map 7 without adjusting any FU values.
Thanks,my meth was low. It's flowing fine now. Map 7 does kick ass better than 3 I noticed.

(#7595)
Old

Car: BMW 335i E90
Default new user! - 09-22-2013, 02:20 AM

Hi guys

New user here, from Europe. BMW 335i ´07 E90. I have a few questions for you experts...

I have a JB G4 in my car now, and I am about to install JB4 G5 (bought it from a friend, orig. purchased from BMS in june 2013) with USB cable + DMS DCI.

I presume my G5 board is not loaded with ISO software yet.
It is correct that I need to snip the 2 diodes on my new piece of hardware? – just want to be very sure before doing this 

Software – which is “the best” version right now? I have no interest in beta testing, I just want the most stable version there is..

When I want to update the software in JB4 – can I do it with my laptop, in the comfort of my couch? Or does the JB4 need to be installed in the car?

Install – my previous JB4 G4 is from august 2012 – are there any changes to the wiring harness, or can I just hook the G5 up to my G4 harness?

Do I need to reset the JB4 in a anyway, as it used to work in my friends car? How?

I live in Denmark, and I will be running the JB4 G5 + DCI + octane 99 (shell Vpower) – all else stock. Which maps will you recommend for me? Map 1 and 5 should be ok, but what about map 2? Isn’t map 2 running lower boost than map 5?

I hope someone will take the time to sort me out – thx in advance!

regards René
(#7596)
Old

Car: 2012 335i 6AT
Default 09-22-2013, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk335i
Hi guys

New user here, from Europe. BMW 335i ´07 E90. I have a few questions for you experts...

I have a JB G4 in my car now, and I am about to install JB4 G5 (bought it from a friend, orig. purchased from BMS in june 2013) with USB cable + DMS DCI.

I presume my G5 board is not loaded with ISO software yet.
It is correct that I need to snip the 2 diodes on my new piece of hardware? – just want to be very sure before doing this 

Software – which is “the best” version right now? I have no interest in beta testing, I just want the most stable version there is..

When I want to update the software in JB4 – can I do it with my laptop, in the comfort of my couch? Or does the JB4 need to be installed in the car?

Install – my previous JB4 G4 is from august 2012 – are there any changes to the wiring harness, or can I just hook the G5 up to my G4 harness?

Do I need to reset the JB4 in a anyway, as it used to work in my friends car? How?

I live in Denmark, and I will be running the JB4 G5 + DCI + octane 99 (shell Vpower) – all else stock. Which maps will you recommend for me? Map 1 and 5 should be ok, but what about map 2? Isn’t map 2 running lower boost than map 5?

I hope someone will take the time to sort me out – thx in advance!

regards René
1. You need to spend some time reading the N54 ISO section, it takes time to get used to it.
2. Yes, you need to cut the 2 diodes, because your G5 board is before 8/1/13.
3. The latest version is posted on the N54 ISO section at the bottom for download. only N55 is beta ISO.
4. JB4 needs to be installed in the car to update the to latest firmware.
5. Just install the new G5 board and forget about being creative with the harness
6. No resetting needed, just install the lastest iso firmware.
7. At 99 octane Map 5 will give you higher boost than map 2. Use map 5.

JB4 S2+ISO Map 7, BMS dp, BMS chargepipe, BMS Intake, Flex fuel wires, BMS OCC.
(#7597)
Old

Car: 335 M-sport
Default 09-22-2013, 09:05 AM

26.6 has got to be the nicest software version yet. Honestly don't know what more can be done. Buttery smooth acceleration, amazingly low end power even before warm up. I cannot hear an ounce of rattle at any RPM weather accel or decel. I have had two new sets of new turbos and since running ISO have always had rattle until now. Great Job Terry!

2009 335i M-sport--G5 ISO--AR 3" ******* DP's--BMS DCI--VRSF 7" FMIC--BMS Charge pipe--Eibach Pro/Koni yellow--M3 arms all around--BMW SSK--LUX V4--Michelin PSS--Spec Stage 2+ W/SMFW--Walbro 255LPFP
(#7598)
Old

Default 09-22-2013, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmcookies335i
26.6 has got to be the nicest software version yet. Honestly don't know what more can be done. Buttery smooth acceleration, amazingly low end power even before warm up. I cannot hear an ounce of rattle at any RPM weather accel or decel. I have had two new sets of new turbos and since running ISO have always had rattle until now. Great Job Terry!
Agree 100% upgraded from 25 and I have to say WOW. Car runs the best yet. I did not even have to mess with settings 10 and 12 as the car feels just right at what I was running on 25 which was 80 and 28.
Great job.

(#7599)
Old

Car: 09 335xi
Default 09-22-2013, 05:43 PM

For me, it's 26.5 FTW. Throttle feels better in smoothness and response.

09 335XI /Cobb ATR TUNED 18.5 psi/DCI/2ND ***** '''''''/E20/Alpina/VRSF 7inch/VRSF Chargepipe with Tial BOV***
(#7600)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 09-22-2013, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert
Agree 100% upgraded from 25 and I have to say WOW. Car runs the best yet. I did not even have to mess with settings 10 and 12 as the car feels just right at what I was running on 25 which was 80 and 28.
Great job.
For those of you running 26.6, did you keep FutureUseD set to 20 (using ISO25 low throttle logic)? I'm still on 25 and love it, but I have settings 10/12 almost maxed out.