(#26)
Old
Super Demigod

Car: 335i
Send a message via AIM to themyst
Default 01-10-2011, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iv55
I'm using the orange wire from the CMGS to drive an LED to let me know when I'm spraying. Is there any way I can setup meth integration and keep my meth light?
You have a CMGS and you use an LED to know when you're spraying? That makes no sense especially since the unit offers flow output on the gauge itself.

E90 LCI N54 6AT
(#27)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-10-2011, 10:06 AM

Quote:
I'm using the orange wire from the CMGS to drive an LED to let me know when I'm spraying. Is there any way I can setup meth integration and keep my meth light?
Get an LED that activates at .5v and you can use the same wire.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#28)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 01-27-2011, 02:51 PM

Quote:
I use an LED too since my CMGS is in the glove box and I like to have a small LED by the guages. Here's what I did:

Get a 12V LED from Fry's (or throw in the right resistor with a lower voltage one) and attach the + to always on source and the - to the negative wire going to the meth pump. CMGS modulates the negative wire to the pump so when the pump is on the LED will illuminate.
(#29)
Old

Car: 2007 335i coupe
Default 01-27-2011, 10:18 PM

Themyst, I have a VC2 in the glove box not a CMGS, I misspoke. (mistyped?)

Terry, if by some miracle of god I do find a .5V LED, could the orange wire really power the LED and provide an accurate signal to my JB4?

Hiofficer, I just soldered my resisters and will try it when I get back from the Rolex 24. Thanks for the lead!

2007 E92 N54, JB4 G5 ISO W/ BMS Flash, RB Turbos, Meth W/ FSB & CM10, BMS DCI, BMS OCC, CPE FMIC, AR Design CLDP's, DP Fix, Quaife LSD
(#30)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-27-2011, 11:29 PM

Well you could use the 4v output of the JB4 (DB9 pin 4) to trigger an LED. Then use the nitrous setup page which allows triggering based on meth flow. But isn't it easier to just look at the boost gauge? With progressive meth control boost will stay low when meth isn't flowing. Or worst case meth on oil gauge and then turn stealth mode on? Anyway you have options.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#31)
Old

Default 01-28-2011, 08:55 AM

I think too many options is the problem. The same reason I don't like subway sandwiches, it's not my job to tell you how to do your job, just make me a god damn sandwich and I'll eat it!

To be perfectly honest I'm waiting/hoping for timing on one gauge and AFR on the other with a meth light in between.
I haven't thought about just looking at boost while on map 3 though, that'll probably be my daily driving setup.

2007 E92 N54, JB4 G5 ISO W/ BMS Flash, RB Turbos, Meth W/ FSB & CM10, BMS DCI, BMS OCC, CPE FMIC, AR Design CLDP's, DP Fix, Quaife LSD
(#32)
Old

Default 01-28-2011, 03:32 PM

So... it turns out that at some point I accidentally grounded the negative side of my LED. I think I pinched the negative wire during my first install. Now that I wired the LED across the pump the pump runs nonstop due to my new found ground. I'm not looking forward to pulling my dash apart again. It's a good thing I have a lot of free time these days.

(#33)
Old
Dude, Boost My Car?

Car: 07 E 90 335i
Default 02-01-2011, 06:26 PM

the cmgs allows you to select the min and max boost.

pardon the "dumb questions of the year" but

is this something that has to be done with the jb4?

what is the advantage of setting these parameters over using the cmgs to select min spray and full flow?
(#34)
Old
HP addict

Car: 09 E92 335
Default 02-01-2011, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetryal
the cmgs allows you to select the min and max boost.

pardon the "dumb questions of the year" but

is this something that has to be done with the jb4?

what is the advantage of setting these parameters over using the cmgs to select min spray and full flow?
The JB4 does not have any control over when meth sprays, it only reads the voltage signal from the CMGS and uses that to calculate meth flow for progressive mapping. The CMGS should be set up properly to determine when meth starts to spray and how much (dutycycle settings).
(#35)
Old

Car: 2015 F22 M235i
Default 02-07-2011, 03:01 PM

So if I have a CM flow sensor and DONT have a CMGS or VC2.

-CM Flow sensor white wire to pin 15 on the JB4
-CM Flow sensor red wire to switched 12V
-CM Flow sensor black to chassis ground

With the above setup, I will be able to monitor meth flow via gauge hi jack on the oil temp gauge??

Nick

2014 335i xDrive / Silver / ZF8 / M-Sport / 400M / BM3 2H Map / xHP Stage 3 / ATM FMIC / H&R Sports / VRSF **/CP
(#36)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-07-2011, 03:05 PM

Then it won't work. The JB4 only reads a 0-5v analog voltage signal while the CM flow sensor outputs a frequency signal and needs a controller box to read it. If you want to use just a stand along flow sensor you'll have to use the snow or labonte one.

Burger Motorsports

(#37)
Old

Car: 135I, Lotus Elise
Default 02-07-2011, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Then it won't work. The JB4 only reads a 0-5v analog voltage signal while the CM flow sensor outputs a frequency signal and needs a controller box to read it. If you want to use just a stand along flow sensor you'll have to use the snow or labonte one.

Actually snow and labonte dont have a stand alone flow sensor. They took a flow sensor and integrated it into box with a circuit board to convert the signal. With us, you buy the progessive controller/failsafe/boost gauge all in one and add the flow sensor. with them you buy the failsafe/flow sensor and then need to buy the progressive controller seperate.

Moral? There are not really any stand alone 0-5V flow sensors in this industry because frequency costs less (alot less). Just want to make sure everyone is clear you are not just getting a flow sensor, but a sensor that integrated into a large box when you order one of those other products.

CM

Last edited by coolingmist; 02-07-2011 at 04:53 PM..
(#38)
Old

Car: 2015 F22 M235i
Default 02-07-2011, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Well looks like I either have a CM flow sensor for sale or I'll have to buy a CMGS/VC2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolingmist
Actually snow and labonte dont have a stand alone flow sensor. They took a flow sensor and integrated it into box with a circuit board to convert the signal. With us, you buy the progessive controller/failsafe/boost gauge all in one and add the flow sensor. with them you buy the failsafe/flow sensor and then need to buy the progressive controller seperate.

Moral? There are not really any stand alone 0-5V flow sensors in this industry because frequency costs less (alot less). Just want to make sure everyone is clear you are not just getting a flow sensor, but a sensor that integrated into a large box when you order one of those other products.

CM
I see your point but either way. Someone has to buy a controller or a flow sensor regardless of where someone chooses to buy a kit. If they buy the CMGSVC2 from you guys, they have to buy the flow sensor also. If someone buys a fail safe from a different manufacture then they have to buy a controller to make it a complete kit.

Double edge sword if you ask me. I dont want to sound like a negative Nancy but I was just kinda hoping to be able to monitor my meth flow on my oil temp gauge without having to spend another $250.00.

-Nick

2014 335i xDrive / Silver / ZF8 / M-Sport / 400M / BM3 2H Map / xHP Stage 3 / ATM FMIC / H&R Sports / VRSF **/CP
(#39)
Old

Car: 135I, Lotus Elise
Default 02-08-2011, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46m3to335i
Well looks like I either have a CM flow sensor for sale or I'll have to buy a CMGS/VC2.

I see your point but either way. Someone has to buy a controller or a flow sensor regardless of where someone chooses to buy a kit. If they buy the CMGSVC2 from you guys, they have to buy the flow sensor also. If someone buys a fail safe from a different manufacture then they have to buy a controller to make it a complete kit.

Double edge sword if you ask me. I dont want to sound like a negative Nancy but I was just kinda hoping to be able to monitor my meth flow on my oil temp gauge without having to spend another $250.00.

-Nick
any time you are talking about a true flow sensor you are talking about $$$$.

CM
(#40)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 02-17-2011, 06:33 AM

For some reason my meth flow looks nothing like that.Its super low.At about the 5 range.Its flowing right as well.Any idea why it might be so low??
I know you cant see much but all the bars light up. so im guessing its flowing right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ow72AHQR95k

Meth additive psi-25
Meth flow max-4

Heres the a video of the bars going full and heres my log.
idk why its so low??I wanna get the full use of my meth kit since i just bought it.Help!

09 BMW 135i-JB4 MAP 7,ER Intercooler,ER Chargepipe,Tial Blow Off Valve,Riss Racing Turbo Back,BMS Intakes,104 Octane

Last edited by fd94; 02-17-2011 at 06:52 AM..
(#41)
Old
Enginerd

Car: 2009 135i
Default 02-17-2011, 07:17 AM

It is an issue that some of the CMGS/VC2 are having with analog output. The old way was just on/off, now it sends an analog signal.

Mine is the same way. I've been working to find a temporary solution, so far no success, though I have a few more things I'd like to try... had an employee quit on me a few weeks back and haven't found a replacement, so I'm working 6 days a week x 12 hour days. And the wife will throw a fit if I work on the car on Sundays when I don't get to see her any other days of the week.

For now I set the JB4 to work the old JB3 style with an on/off.

--2009 BMW 135i--2016 Nissan Titan XD (Turbo Cummins ISV)--2016 VW Tiguan 2.0Tsi --1988 Beechcraft Bonanza--Suzuki GSX-R 1000--Honda CBR-600RR--

JB4 G5 ISO | MHD | E85 | Fuel-It S3 LPFP / PI | MFactory S3+ Clutch / SMFW / LSD / Mounts | Diff Lock | UUC Tranny Mounts | DwnPipes / Exhaust / FMIC | Chargepipe / Tial | KW V3s | HR Sways | HPA full M3 Suspension | BMS DCI / Oil Cooler Valve / Cowl Filters / 4bar / 2Step / OCC | RB PCV | Stri Gauges | Pole Position 225/265 | Installing: DR 6466ST
(#42)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 02-17-2011, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayock
It is an issue that some of the CMGS/VC2 are having with analog output. The old way was just on/off, now it sends an analog signal.

Mine is the same way. I've been working to find a temporary solution, so far no success, though I have a few more things I'd like to try... had an employee quit on me a few weeks back and haven't found a replacement, so I'm working 6 days a week x 12 hour days. And the wife will throw a fit if I work on the car on Sundays when I don't get to see her any other days of the week.

For now I set the JB4 to work the old JB3 style with an on/off.
So on and off meaning the failsafe turns off the meth if its not flowing right??how do i do that and also what map are u running??thanks

09 BMW 135i-JB4 MAP 7,ER Intercooler,ER Chargepipe,Tial Blow Off Valve,Riss Racing Turbo Back,BMS Intakes,104 Octane
(#43)
Old

Car: '07 335i
Default 02-17-2011, 03:41 PM

Is there a way to turn meth off by switching maps? Let's say I want my meth on only with map 3 on the JB4 but, I want map 1 and 2 to be without meth for lighter driving and conserving my methanol. Do I have to turn off the meth through the vc2 or cmgs or is there a way to set it to come on only with specific maps?

'07 E90 MT Sports Package l FBO l RB Next Gen Plus l JB4 G5 with DPT E85 BEF l N20 MAP Sensor l MMP Inlets l RB Outlets l Custom Exhaust l NLS & 2-Step l MFactory 3.46 LSD l 335is Clutch with MFactory SMFW l Walbro 450 l Direct Port Meth Injection

Best 1/4 ET: 11.4
Best 1.4 Trap: 127.7
(#44)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-17-2011, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prelude2perfect
Is there a way to turn meth off by switching maps? Let's say I want my meth on only with map 3 on the JB4 but, I want map 1 and 2 to be without meth for lighter driving and conserving my methanol. Do I have to turn off the meth through the vc2 or cmgs or is there a way to set it to come on only with specific maps?
You would leave the JB4 on map 3 at all times. Then use the dials on the VC2 to disable meth.

Burger Motorsports

(#45)
Old

Car: 09 335i LCI
Default 02-17-2011, 06:55 PM

Jayock, the workaround for me was to get a 12v cig lighter adapter from radio shack.
(#46)
Old

Default 02-17-2011, 08:16 PM

Terry since the labonte FS works off of a 0-5v signal that means when the jb4 detects a voltage higher then 2v it goes to full flow....how does that protect us from overflow such as a melted line or nozzle popping out?

N54 coupe coming soon
(#47)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-17-2011, 08:25 PM

2v = the same mapping as 0v.

Burger Motorsports

(#48)
Old

Default 02-17-2011, 08:33 PM

Quote:
2v = the same mapping as 0v.
and now iam confused lol.

N54 coupe coming soon
(#49)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-17-2011, 08:52 PM

When the JB4 detects 2v it considers it overflow and reverts to failsafe mode. No one should have more than 2000ml/min of meth. If you do you probably popped a line off.

Burger Motorsports

(#50)
Old

Default 02-17-2011, 09:09 PM

Quote:
When the JB4 detects 2v it considers it overflow and reverts to failsafe mode. No one should have more than 2000ml/min of meth. If you do you probably popped a line off.
. Entering a value of 1 under "meth flow max" will revert to JB3 logic where voltages higher than 2v will add the full boost additive.

This is what confuses me^

Does the Jb4 need a 2v signal to make meth flow fully?.

N54 coupe coming soon