Send a message via Skype™ to SlicktopTTZ
Default 01-21-2011, 06:46 PM

Hmm, project black box......

(#927)
Old
Enginerd

Car: 2009 135i
Default 01-21-2011, 06:52 PM

Haha.... Perhaps the name oversells the merits of the actual project.

--2009 BMW 135i--2016 Nissan Titan XD (Turbo Cummins ISV)--2016 VW Tiguan 2.0Tsi --1988 Beechcraft Bonanza--Suzuki GSX-R 1000--Honda CBR-600RR--

JB4 G5 ISO | MHD | E85 | Fuel-It S3 LPFP / PI | MFactory S3+ Clutch / SMFW / LSD / Mounts | Diff Lock | UUC Tranny Mounts | DwnPipes / Exhaust / FMIC | Chargepipe / Tial | KW V3s | HR Sways | HPA full M3 Suspension | BMS DCI / Oil Cooler Valve / Cowl Filters / 4bar / 2Step / OCC | RB PCV | Stri Gauges | Pole Position 225/265 | Installing: DR 6466ST
(#928)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 01-21-2011, 09:34 PM

Terry, whats the status of availability to enable "Max Cool" feature?

///135i LeMans - Riss Racing OCC, Shadowline Grills, Magnaflow Axle-Back, JB4, ETS FMIC, BMW DCI, BMW Perf Side Skirts, E93 M3 Front Sway
Flickr

(#929)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-21-2011, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hind327
Terry, whats the status of availability to enable "Max Cool" feature?
I've been slacking a bit with that working on other features. It hasn't moved beyond the "we found the right can commands" phase yet.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#930)
Old
Velocity Challenged

Car: 2007 335i AT
Default 01-21-2011, 10:01 PM

You're such a slacker T...
(#931)
Old

Default 01-21-2011, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
I've been slacking a bit with that working on other features. It hasn't moved beyond the "we found the right can commands" phase yet.
Terry I think it's time to clone yourself to produce half a dozen Terry's with your work load.
Maybe you can add that to the CAN system.
(#932)
Old

Default 01-21-2011, 10:52 PM

I have the number to Re-pet somewhere around here.....

///135i LeMans - Riss Racing OCC, Shadowline Grills, Magnaflow Axle-Back, JB4, ETS FMIC, BMW DCI, BMW Perf Side Skirts, E93 M3 Front Sway
Flickr

(#933)
Old

Car: 2007 335i
Default 01-22-2011, 02:48 PM

Hey Terry, not sure if it's been brought up or not already since there's about a million pages on this post already but how about getting some rev matched down shifts out of the JB4? I'm assuming that since we can have gear dependant boost then the JB4 must have access to what gear the tranny is in and then match the engine accordingly...
(#934)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-22-2011, 02:53 PM

It is possible but not on the radar right now. Would require a lot of safety testing.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#935)
Old
Turbo Lover

Car: 300zx TT, 1M
Send a message via Skype™ to SlicktopTTZ
Default 01-22-2011, 03:07 PM

379Z style
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevron
Hey Terry, not sure if it's been brought up or not already since there's about a million pages on this post already but how about getting some rev matched down shifts out of the JB4? I'm assuming that since we can have gear dependant boost then the JB4 must have access to what gear the tranny is in and then match the engine accordingly...
370Z style! That would be awesome.

(#936)
Old

Car: 335 coupe
Default 01-22-2011, 03:26 PM

Does it only assume first and second gear by the wheel speed?
(#937)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-22-2011, 03:41 PM

It comes from the DME itself.

Burger Motorsports

(#938)
Old

Default 01-22-2011, 03:46 PM

Ok cool, just wanted to plant the seed you know... Lolz, yea I was thinking 370Z style, kinda novelty bit still cool and I would use it... I know it'd prolly take time to perfect but in simple terms it seems easy enough, DME gear sensor and a predetermined engine speed based on DME speed info, prolly be an extensive amount of calculations that my simple mind can't fathom......
(#939)
Old

Default 01-22-2011, 07:09 PM

Quote:
It comes from the DME itself.
Do you think there's some sort of strain gauge in the shifter or is the DME assuming it by wheel speed?
(#940)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-22-2011, 07:11 PM

It's pretty spot on with manuals, even goes to 0 during the shift. Must be a sensor.

Burger Motorsports

(#941)
Old

Default 01-22-2011, 07:12 PM

Quote:
It's pretty spot on with manuals, even goes to 0 during the shift. Must be a sensor.
Neato.
(#942)
Old

Default 01-22-2011, 09:02 PM

Yea that's what I guessed, lol, took my car for a spin a few mins ago for the first time since installing the JBfour and saw the gear field change while monitoring my run, oh yeah thanks for the awesome product Terry, I noticed a HUGE increase in butt dyno horsey powers, lol.
(#943)
Old

Car: 335I
Default 01-22-2011, 10:07 PM

guys may i throw an amateur Q :whats CAN? what is it used for?
(#944)
Old

Car: E90 335xi 6MT
Default 01-23-2011, 12:21 AM

Terry,

I have a fully stock 335xi (other than JB4 of course!) at 5200 ft elevation. If I planning on running around a 50/50 mix of 91 octane & 100 octane (around ~95-96-ish octane) for either a couple of drag strip passes or dyno pulls, which map would you recommend? Should I stay on Map 1 (car is still stock), or should I bump it up to Map 2 due to the higher knock threshold using higher octane fuel (around 95-96 octane or so)? Thanks in advance!

P.S. The partial throttle boost onset really is MUCH smoother than it ever was on the JB3... I was truly shocked that it was actually so readily noticeable. Very nice
(#945)
Old

Car: 2007 335i coupe
Default 01-23-2011, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodi
Controller–area network (CAN or CAN-bus) is a vehicle bus standard designed to allow microcontrollers and devices to communicate with each other within a vehicle without a host computer.
CAN is a message based protocol, designed specifically for automotive applications but now also used in other areas such as industrial automation and medical equipment.

Wikipedia makes everyone smarter

It's pretty much your car's computer system. It controls your displays. It takes input from the driver via buttons, switches, etc. It does all kinds of stuff but I'm sure Terry could give you a much more elegant answer.

2007 E92 N54, JB4 G5 ISO W/ BMS Flash, RB Turbos, Meth W/ FSB & CM10, BMS DCI, BMS OCC, CPE FMIC, AR Design CLDP's, DP Fix, Quaife LSD
(#946)
Old
Ma need more protein !

Car: 2009 335i x drive
Default 01-23-2011, 09:55 AM

Just curious if anyone has come across this issue.

Ran map 6 on 93 octane for about a mile...got a SES light..im assuming this is because its not running race fuel....activated the code clearing and went back to map 2 alls well. Just curious

2009 335 xdrive - Muff Delete, JB4 (ALPHA), DCIs, V701 GM, CF Splitters, +mas
(#947)
Old

Car: 2010 335i
Default 01-23-2011, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusclezMarinara
Just curious if anyone has come across this issue.

Ran map 6 on 93 octane for about a mile...got a SES light..im assuming this is because its not running race fuel....activated the code clearing and went back to map 2 alls well. Just curious
I've ran map 6 and logged a couple runs and I didn't get any codes.
What did you have the boost settings at?
(#948)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-23-2011, 11:28 AM

Map 6 is for doing custom mapping. If you don't know how to do custom mapping (including reading any codes you generate) I strongly suggest not touching map 6.

Burger Motorsports

(#949)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-23-2011, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodi
It's just a communication standard the vehicle modules use to communicate with each other. Giving the JB4 the same module allows it to "join the club" and get all the dirt and gossip on the other modules including the DME.

Burger Motorsports

(#950)
Old

Car: 135i and M3 E30 Evo III
Send a message via Skype™ to Babyjoe1973
Default 01-23-2011, 11:30 AM

One thing is top urgent for the MAP 6 users! Look at your timing!!!!

Babyjoe

BMW M3 F80 ZCP