N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#901)
Old
Turbo Lover

Car: 300zx TT, 1M
Send a message via Skype™ to SlicktopTTZ
Default 01-21-2011, 09:40 AM

If you push the volume button in once it should be muted and not change around when you use the command center. At least that is how mine is. (2010)

(#902)
Old

Car: '07 SGM 335i
Default 01-21-2011, 09:41 AM

Just thought of an idea... If you changed the audio input to something without audio (i.e. CD player without a CD or AUX without an iPod plugged in) before entering the menu, you could avoid the radio shenanigans.
(#903)
Old

Car: e90 335i
Default 01-21-2011, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTepper
Just thought of an idea... If you changed the audio input to something without audio (i.e. CD player without a CD or AUX without an iPod plugged in) before entering the menu, you could avoid the radio shenanigans.
tried that. I use an ipod 99% of the time. switched to CD and it just says "no cd blah blah blah" and continues to play my ipod.
(#904)
Old

Default 01-21-2011, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ
If you push the volume button in once it should be muted and not change around when you use the command center. At least that is how mine is. (2010)
2008 here and it does. it seems to be more of a mute then an on/off switch
(#905)
Old

Car: 2007 335i coupe
Default 01-21-2011, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clifton23
am I dumb or what? I turn of my radio by pushing the volume button in. As soon as I enter command mode it turns back on. If I turn it off by pushing the volume button again, a touch of the volume up or down or channel select and it comes back on.
If you have iDrive like me then there isn't much you can do
I put my radio in Aux mode first, then you don't have to deal with the channel changing

2007 E92 N54, JB4 G5 ISO W/ BMS Flash, RB Turbos, Meth W/ FSB & CM10, BMS DCI, BMS OCC, CPE FMIC, AR Design CLDP's, DP Fix, Quaife LSD
(#906)
Old
m power

Car: 135i
Default 01-21-2011, 10:48 AM

Terry can you give us a quick rundown on how autotune is going to work on JB4? Thanks
(#907)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-21-2011, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrod
Terry can you give us a quick rundown on how autotune is going to work on JB4? Thanks
It isn't finalized enough yet to do that.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#908)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-21-2011, 10:58 AM

Quote:
yep. kind of sucks because it changes the song and sh!t.
Yeah we don't have the command to turn on/off the iDrive radios automatically yet. It's on the list of things to do though.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#909)
Old

Default 01-21-2011, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Yeah we don't have the command to turn on/off the iDrive radios automatically yet. It's on the list of things to do though.
(#910)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-21-2011, 11:12 AM

For those of you with iDrive, if you use the "auto turn off option", the radio turns off but doesn't turn back on until you restart the car right? Maybe as a short term solution we could have it send the corresponding turn on option when exiting the menu.

Burger Motorsports

(#911)
Old

Default 01-21-2011, 12:22 PM

Quote:
For those of you with iDrive, if you use the "auto turn off option", the radio turns off but doesn't turn back on until you restart the car right? Maybe as a short term solution we could have it send the corresponding turn on option when exiting the menu.
sounds like a permanent solution to me!
(#912)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-21-2011, 01:30 PM

Does the auto turn off work to keep the radio off when in command mode? If the only problem is not being able to turn it back on I'll work on something for you to test.

Burger Motorsports

(#913)
Old

Default 01-21-2011, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Does the auto turn off work to keep the radio off when in command mode? If the only problem is not being able to turn it back on I'll work on something for you to test.
I will check this afternoon and report back.
(#914)
Old
Ma need more protein !

Car: 2009 335i x drive
Default 01-21-2011, 02:11 PM

Quote:
this was buggin me out i was like faackkk its broken lol

2009 335 xdrive - Muff Delete, JB4 (ALPHA), DCIs, V701 GM, CF Splitters, +mas
(#915)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 01-21-2011, 02:49 PM

Select the phone menu. When you press channel up/down it just selects the next/previous contact in your phone.

The volume still changes a bit but at least it stops your track being changed etc.

Individual Velvet Blue Manual E90 335i M-Sport.
(#916)
Old

Default 01-21-2011, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadEye
Select the phone menu. When you press channel up/down it just selects the next/previous contact in your phone.

The volume still changes a bit but at least it stops your track being changed etc.
(#917)
Old

Default 01-21-2011, 05:02 PM

I cannot get the Auto Radio Turn Off/On feature to work on my car...

doesnt turn it off
(#918)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-21-2011, 05:33 PM

Then that won't work for you then. Some iDrive customers complained the radio off feature worked... But the radio would not turn back on until they restarted the car.

Burger Motorsports

(#919)
Old

Default 01-21-2011, 05:43 PM

interesting.. well its no biggie.. i can live with the volume changing.. Ill just go into phone mode.
(#920)
Old

Car: 2007 335i coupe
Default 01-21-2011, 05:44 PM

Quote:
I cannot get the Auto Radio Turn Off/On feature to work on my car...

doesnt turn it off
+1

2007 E92 N54, JB4 G5 ISO W/ BMS Flash, RB Turbos, Meth W/ FSB & CM10, BMS DCI, BMS OCC, CPE FMIC, AR Design CLDP's, DP Fix, Quaife LSD
(#921)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-21-2011, 06:16 PM

We have iDrive on our development X5 and 328i so I'll spend some time with one when time permits and find some better radio on/off commands.

Burger Motorsports

(#922)
Old
Enginerd

Car: 2009 135i
Default 01-21-2011, 06:27 PM

After reading the iDrive problems, I never tried it. I'll try on my 09 135i and let you know which camp I fall in, the "turns off semi-permanently" or the "doesn't do anything" camp.

--2009 BMW 135i--2016 Nissan Titan XD (Turbo Cummins ISV)--2016 VW Tiguan 2.0Tsi --1988 Beechcraft Bonanza--Suzuki GSX-R 1000--Honda CBR-600RR--

JB4 G5 ISO | MHD | E85 | Fuel-It S3 LPFP / PI | MFactory S3+ Clutch / SMFW / LSD / Mounts | Diff Lock | UUC Tranny Mounts | DwnPipes / Exhaust / FMIC | Chargepipe / Tial | KW V3s | HR Sways | HPA full M3 Suspension | BMS DCI / Oil Cooler Valve / Cowl Filters / 4bar / 2Step / OCC | RB PCV | Stri Gauges | Pole Position 225/265 | Installing: DR 6466ST
(#923)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-21-2011, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayock
After reading the iDrive problems, I never tried it. I'll try on my 09 135i and let you know which camp I fall in, the "turns off semi-permanently" or the "doesn't do anything" camp.
Nah we have more important things for you to test!

Burger Motorsports

(#924)
Old
Enginerd

Car: 2009 135i
Default 01-21-2011, 06:31 PM

LOL..

After getting back from my awesome vegas trip, where food poisoning left me in the room for half the trip, it has been bad weather here (snowy). Tomorrow would be good, but I am scheduled to renew my CCW certification from 9-5. Maybe Sunday... supposed to be cold, but dry. Will send an email with test results and more discussion re: project black box (name made up after a glass or two of wine).

--2009 BMW 135i--2016 Nissan Titan XD (Turbo Cummins ISV)--2016 VW Tiguan 2.0Tsi --1988 Beechcraft Bonanza--Suzuki GSX-R 1000--Honda CBR-600RR--

JB4 G5 ISO | MHD | E85 | Fuel-It S3 LPFP / PI | MFactory S3+ Clutch / SMFW / LSD / Mounts | Diff Lock | UUC Tranny Mounts | DwnPipes / Exhaust / FMIC | Chargepipe / Tial | KW V3s | HR Sways | HPA full M3 Suspension | BMS DCI / Oil Cooler Valve / Cowl Filters / 4bar / 2Step / OCC | RB PCV | Stri Gauges | Pole Position 225/265 | Installing: DR 6466ST
(#925)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-21-2011, 06:33 PM

lol

Burger Motorsports