N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#801)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-18-2011, 10:53 AM

If you want to push things just wait for the autotuning to monitor that for you. But you can send a map 2 log in if you want me to check it out.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#802)
Old

Car: e90 335i
Default 01-18-2011, 10:57 AM

I will be testing Map 2 at sea level. All I have is DCI and 93 octane..

(#803)
Old

Car: '07 SGM 335i
Default 01-18-2011, 10:57 AM

Thanks, I am hoping to receive and install my unit within the next couple of days. However, given the weather and road conditions, I'm not sure if I'll have an opportunity to "open it up" enough to provide an adequate log. I should probly play it safe and stick to Map 1 for now.

Forgive me if this was already answered, but ETA on the auto-tuning feature?
(#804)
Old

Car: '08 335
Default 01-18-2011, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
If you want to push things just wait for the autotuning to monitor that for you. But you can send a map 2 log in if you want me to check it out.
If I were to send a map2, DCI, 93 oct log. How do you want the car running? Cruising, at idle? Not sure what parameters your looking at.
(#805)
Old
Vintage

Car: F10 N55 PWG
Default 01-18-2011, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diverdave
If I were to send a map2, DCI, 93 oct log. How do you want the car running? Cruising, at idle? Not sure what parameters your looking at.
Try to get a WOT 3rd or 4th gear log.. from a low RPM all the way up to redline. If your auto, try not to make the car downshift, dont click the lil button at the end of the pedal movement. Keep it WOT just before that click.

2014 F10 535i N55 PWG
(#806)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-18-2011, 11:56 AM

3rd gear 2-7k is good! Also I like to see a 2->3 WOT shift as well.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#807)
Old

Car: '07 SGM 335i
Default 01-18-2011, 02:53 PM

Goodies were delivered today. Will I need to download and/or update anything after the install or am I good to go?
(#808)
Old

Car: 07 E90 335i
Default 01-18-2011, 03:06 PM

I wish my goodies would arrive today :/
(#809)
Old

Car: BMW 335I
Default 01-18-2011, 03:19 PM

JB4 Arrived today. To nasty out to install.
(#810)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-18-2011, 03:41 PM

Good to hear! Should have 1/1 firmware loaded so just install and go. Any ?s come up email me.

Burger Motorsports

(#811)
Old

Car: 2008 BMW 135i
Default 01-18-2011, 03:44 PM

Terry,

With the autoclear codes turned on, are they written somewhere else to view? Thanks.

2014 BMW 335i Sedan 8 Speed Auto
JB4 Map 7/Intake/E40
12.49 @113 mph with Continental DWS All-season tires
(#812)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-18-2011, 03:45 PM

Not at the moment. But remember any serious code that indicates a CEL will continue to do so. Only codes that go pending with no CEL are auto cleared. So if you ever get a CEL just turn auto clear off to read those codes.

Burger Motorsports

(#813)
Old
They like my swag....

Car: 135i
Default 01-18-2011, 03:50 PM

Mine came too and goin in after work! You're the man Terry!
(#814)
Old
Vintage

Car: F10 N55 PWG
Default 01-18-2011, 04:12 PM

Is autoclear enabled or disabled by default? Guessing disabled.

2014 F10 535i N55 PWG
(#815)
Old

Car: 07 e92 335i
Default 01-18-2011, 04:15 PM

I got mine today too though it was too late to do the install considering I do my work outside and it gets dark before 5......... and it snowed earlier...... and it's getting ready to rain..... and it's like 30 degrees out

I WILL be installing it tomorrow though as soon as it stops raining. It's supposed to be 40+! Expect some logs from me either tomorrow or Thursday Terry! She'll be on a dyno Saturday, hopefully utelizing map 3+ 5-6psi!
(#816)
Old

Car: '08 E90 335i
Default 01-18-2011, 06:22 PM

What map does the JB4 come set to? Also, I saw on the first page that it said to turn off the radio to enter command mode - how do I do that with the i-drive radio? I'm hoping to install mine tonight, and I want to make sure it's on the right map before I hit the road.
(#817)
Old

Car: 09.e92.335i
Default 01-18-2011, 06:27 PM

Got mine today & installed. Definitely liking the smoothness over jb3 so far. Keep up the good work Terry!

(for those who asked jb4 comes loaded on map1)

[ 09.e92.335i.a52 / procede.v5 / ets.fmic / afe.intake / eibach.pro / miro.368 / dimisa.4 / cityvision.ae ]
(#818)
Old

Car: '08 E90 335i
Default 01-18-2011, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgpwr

(for those who asked jb4 comes loaded on map1)
Thanks! That is what I figured, and that is right where I need it.
(#819)
Old

Car: 07 E90 335i
Default 01-18-2011, 09:32 PM

I'm definitely jealous.I ordered mine last Friday and I don't think it's shipped yet. I hate being (im)patient
(#820)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-18-2011, 10:14 PM

We're working hard on getting em made. In addition to the 200-300/mo we can make in house we have an outside firm working on a batch of 1000 as we speak.

Burger Motorsports

(#821)
Old

Car: 2010 135i
Default 01-18-2011, 10:17 PM

Just ordered one High altitude awesomeness here I come - My 135's DYIN' up here with my JB3. Stutterin', huffin' n puffin'...

2010 135i | 6MT | Le Mans | Prem Pkg | M Pkg | CA | Hi-Fi | Boston | Other Cool Stuff
(#822)
Old

Car: rwd
Default 01-18-2011, 10:19 PM

Is there anywhere dyno for approximate range of whp for JB4 with default map 1? I am talking about bone stock car...not even intakes.

'95 M3 sold
'96 M3 sold
'00 M5 sold
'01 M3 sold
'07 E92 335i current
(#823)
Old
They like my swag....

Car: 135i
Default 01-18-2011, 10:34 PM

Installed mine tonight. It was cake. Even the routing of the usb to the glove box. Someone said you have to pull the ecu HOLDER out. Not true. Anyway, I'm LOVIN the new maps. I have never felt my car THIS smooth. Not even when I picked it up from the dealer. I read a lot of posts talking about the smoothness, and I still wasn't prepared for what I felt. I can't even describe it. Maybe it's because I jumped from the very first (gen1) board to the JB4 but, DAYUMMMMM!!!!

I'm in heaven!
(#824)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-18-2011, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twister
Is there anywhere dyno for approximate range of whp for JB4 with default map 1? I am talking about bone stock car...not even intakes.
320-335rw give or take.

Burger Motorsports

(#825)
Old

Car: 2010 335i coupe
Default 01-18-2011, 10:53 PM

I installed mine this weekend, and I'm LOVING IT. The large ecu connector is extremely hard to get back in its slot, i think it will make it easier if you move the holder up an inch or so. I didn't know how to do it though, any ideas? Other than that, EXCELLENT JOB Terry!