N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#751)
Old

Car: 07 335i
Default 01-14-2011, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGoneRogue
I think its on Crown Royal, just off the 5.

Edit: Looks like there are no more racing pumps in South O.C.

Look here: http://www.davebarton.com/Unleaded_R...in_SoCal#SoCal
yah I check that page there are no stations close to me that's why I was checking if anyone knows of any. If not are the any additives or octane boosters that could be used?
(#752)
Old
Turbo Lover

Car: 300zx TT, 1M
Send a message via Skype™ to SlicktopTTZ
Default 01-14-2011, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfreddy
yah I check that page there are no stations close to me that's why I was checking if anyone knows of any. If not are the any additives or octane boosters that could be used?
You could mix toluene or Xylene with your gas. I'm doing some testing on it this weekend.

RACE GAS MIXES:
http://www.tamparacing.com/forums/ge...-race-gas.html

http://www.3si.org/forum/f1/make-you...ce-gas-505988/

And some interesting A/F ratio info:
http://www.mbworld.org/forums/w211-a...-gas-info.html

(#753)
Old

Default 01-14-2011, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ
You could mix toluene or Xylene with your gas. I'm doing some testing on it this weekend.
ok please let me know how it works out for you
(#754)
Old
Turbo Lover

Car: 300zx TT, 1M
Send a message via Skype™ to SlicktopTTZ
Default 01-14-2011, 03:32 PM

Quote:
ok please let me know how it works out for you
Of course! I'll put up logs too in a new thread, assuming everything goes well.

(#755)
Old

Default 01-14-2011, 04:47 PM

how do I turn off stealth mode and go back to normal gauge hijacking? I tried selecting stealth mode again to toggle it off but it still in stealth mode.
(#756)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-14-2011, 04:55 PM

In the 1/1 there is a bug that keeps it in stealth mode after resetting until you restart the car.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#757)
Old

Car: 335 White Rabbit
Default 01-15-2011, 02:10 AM

For those whose are running Map 6 custom map, please share your data for our comparing in related to hardware tunes mod in coping with your Map 6 setting....anyone??
(#758)
Old
m power

Car: 135i
Default 01-15-2011, 11:35 AM

Terry now that jb4 is close to beta and you done plenty of testing What bogfix setting do you suggest for us MT guys? Thanks
(#759)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-15-2011, 12:17 PM

Still haven't found much need to turn on or play with the active bogfix. Do some logs and if you can get it to bog email me the logs and we'll play with it!

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#760)
Old
m power

Default 01-15-2011, 12:22 PM

Sounds good Thanks for your help
(#761)
Old

Car: 335xi
Default 01-15-2011, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Looks like Mike made a mistake, I was on 92 octane for all 3 of those runs. But gives you a good feeling for the delta fully modified. And that is still with a nice safe taper to redline!
Map 6 -- 401 rwhp /414 rwtq on 92 octane! Awesome !!
(#762)
Old

Default 01-15-2011, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Still haven't found much need to turn on or play with the active bogfix. Do some logs and if you can get it to bog email me the logs and we'll play with it!
Seriously! with all of the bogfix settings on JB3, the JB4 is fantastic as is when shifting!

2007 335i CDV delete, JB4 (12/22/10, Hardwired V1), BMS rear spacers, BMS DCI.
(#763)
Old

Car: 07 BSM E92 335i
Default 01-15-2011, 04:24 PM

Quote:
I don't know exactly where you are in OC, but this car wash in Huntington Beach sells VP race fuel at the pump:
http://maps.google.com/maps/place?gl...68011205089726

I also found this, not sure how accurate it is:
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0...B4uujQO9k4ylCw
(#764)
Old

Car: 535i
Default 01-15-2011, 05:51 PM

I installed JB4 today along with the DCI. Went for a couple of runs. I like the feel. Still a lot to understand.

I am thinking Terry has another Satisfied customer! Love the guage hijacking! If I leave boost on the fuel guage my wife will never take the car because the tank will always be empty.

Schwartz | Premium | Sport | Nav | Sat | Paddles | PDC | Lead Foot | Convenience | hard wired 9500ix | Matte Grill | JB4 | BMS DCI | smoked side markers | LI dual jammers | Rear spoiler

Last edited by machtschnell; 01-15-2011 at 09:34 PM..
(#765)
Old

Car: e90 335i
Default 01-15-2011, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by machtschnell
Love the guage hijacking! If I leave boost on the fuel guage my wife will never take cause it will always be empty.
(#766)
Old
Oh yes I did.

Default 01-16-2011, 12:35 AM

I just installed the JB4 and Dual Cone Intake... the car is awesome. Super-smooth and lots of power everywhere. Partial throttle response is great.

I previously tried earlier mods, but was unhappy with the smoothness and partial throttle response. The JB4 is amazing. I plan on installing meth in the future, but will have to settle with the JB4 and DCI for now!

I took a low quality video with my phone of a 0-60 pull. My stopwatch is saying about 4.8-4.9 seconds when I time it.

(#767)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 01-16-2011, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n54-5&3
I just installed the JB4 and Dual Cone Intake... the car is awesome. Super-smooth and lots of power everywhere. Partial throttle response is great.

I previously tried earlier mods, but was unhappy with the smoothness and partial throttle response. The JB4 is amazing. I plan on installing meth in the future, but will have to settle with the JB4 and DCI for now!

I took a low quality video with my phone of a 0-60 pull. My stopwatch is saying about 4.8-4.9 seconds when I time it.

I think you've got more to come mate, your 30-60 is over 3 seconds by my reckoning, mine's nearer 2.

Individual Velvet Blue Manual E90 335i M-Sport.
(#768)
Old

Car: 08' 335xi
Default 01-16-2011, 09:07 AM

Terry, what octane is recommended for map 7? I can get 93 octane from the pump and 100 octane low lead from my local airport. Mixing 2 gallons of 93 with 5 gallons of 100 gives me 7 gallons of 98 octane.

Is it safe to run 16.5 PSI with 98 octane on a stock engine? I would only run this map once in a while at the track.
(#769)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-16-2011, 09:51 AM

98 RM2 is OK for map 7.

Burger Motorsports

(#770)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-16-2011, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n54-5&3

535s are a bit slower than their 335 cousins but looks like its moving fine!

Burger Motorsports

(#771)
Old
Tuner

Car: 2009 335i AT
Cool 01-16-2011, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttle
I can get 93 octane from the pump and 100 octane low lead from my local airport. .
Even low lead gas is not suitable for our cars. Eventually will kill cats and O2 sensors.
(#772)
Old
They like my swag....

Default 01-16-2011, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by az335iat
Even low lead gas is not suitable for our cars. Eventually will kill cats and O2 sensors.
Really? A lot of people seem to have been running fine? Do you have any links or instances of problems?
(#773)
Old

Car: E92 335i
Default 01-16-2011, 01:44 PM

I want a JB4 too shame that I need to wait till snow is melted

What's the biggest difference compared to JB3 2.0 exception of CAN? any power difference between JB3 2.0 map 7 vs JB4 map 7?

E92 335i
Mods: AC Schnitzer Quad exhaust / AC Schnitzer Type IV Bi-Color 19" / AC Schnitzer pedals / KW Variante 2 / Matte black kidneys / CF Roundels / LUX angel eyes / Tinted R 18% and 50% F / Vorsteiner trunk lid spoiler / Arkym CF frontlip / Synapse BOV / Injen Intake / Quaife LSD / JB3 2.0 / AR ctls dp's / P3 boostgauge / HPF FMIC / FULLY LOADED Soon: HPF Stage 2?
(#774)
Old

Car: AW 335i 6MT
Default 01-16-2011, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorFranko
Map 6 -- 401 rwhp /414 rwtq on 92 octane! Awesome !!
JB4 Map 6? What are your settings?

JB4, AR Design *********, AA Intercooler, BMS DCI, Vishnu Meth kit, AE exhaust, Koni FSD, Eibach Pro-Kit, 19" Iconz 880Z RB TURBOS
Best ET/Trap: 12.196 @ 122.693 (no methanol)
(#775)
Old

Car: 2010 135i AT
Default 01-16-2011, 02:33 PM

I just installed the JB4 and DCI on my 135i last night. Wow! Only went for 1 test drive but first impression is great. Couldn't wipe the smile off my face. If it's true that it takes a couple days for the ECU to learn the new setup before full power is achieved, then I can't wait to see what it can do then...

Thanks Mike and Terry!