N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#201)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-12-2010, 06:44 PM

Autotuning is high on the priority list also! As is the adaptive PID system. Gear dependent boost is just an easier thing to get done.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#202)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-12-2010, 10:10 PM

Added the 12/9 interface for testing. Added the external analog input logging for those with stand-alone wideband sensors, fixed a couple bugs, etc. Latest alpha firmware at the moment is 12/7.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#203)
Old
HP addict

Car: 09 E92 335
Default 12-12-2010, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Added the 12/9 interface for testing. Added the external analog input logging for those with stand-alone wideband sensors, fixed a couple bugs, etc. Latest alpha firmware at the moment is 12/7.
BTW, the new analog input is working great for my AEM wideband controller.
(#204)
Old

Car: 2006 335i Coupe
Default 12-12-2010, 11:54 PM

can't wait to get in on tis action...
(#205)
Old
Velocity Challenged

Car: 2007 335i AT
Default 12-13-2010, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Autotuning is high on the priority list also! As is the adaptive PID system. Gear dependent boost is just an easier thing to get done.
Sweet T, can't wait to test the boost by gear.

Do you think there will be a way to incorporate gear or speed into the nitrous trigger at some point down the road?
(#206)
Old

Car: Blk '07 335i e92, 6MT, iForged 19's
Default 12-13-2010, 03:22 PM

Dear Santa,

For Christmas I would like a Red Rider BB gun and JB4... no wait... just a JB4! That's all!

I doubled the chocolate chips in the cookie recipe!
Thank you Santa!
(#207)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-13-2010, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Slow
Sweet T, can't wait to test the boost by gear.

Do you think there will be a way to incorporate gear or speed into the nitrous trigger at some point down the road?
Sure, super easy.

Burger Motorsports

(#208)
Old

Car: 335 XI Coupe
Default Jb4 - 12-13-2010, 04:33 PM

Running crummy 91 Octane Clorado gas with no other mods on a 2009 335 XI what will be the performance gains over a JB3. I know there will be big benifits for logging, processing speed etc. but if I don't use that stuff I'm trying to understand the benifits of the JB4.
(#209)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-13-2010, 04:38 PM

Smoother performance, smarter tuning, more consistency, etc.

Burger Motorsports

(#210)
Old

Car: 335 XI Coupe
Default Jb4 - 12-13-2010, 04:42 PM

Thanks Terry. Any Guess as to when you'll start doing upgardes for the JB3 plug and play units?
(#211)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-13-2010, 04:53 PM

No set ETA but we're getting there. Will likely open another beta group end of this week or early next.

(No one email me -- you'll just have to be poking around here when we open it! Yet another reason to read N54tech daily.)

Burger Motorsports

(#212)
Old

Car: 09 335i LCI
Default 12-14-2010, 09:28 AM

terry,
has maxcool been implemented in? how do we activate it?
(#213)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-14-2010, 10:27 AM

No I need to do some more testing with it and got busy with other things. Once I throw it back in there will be a note with the alpha firmware on how to use it.

Burger Motorsports

(#214)
Old

Car: 07 335i
Default 12-14-2010, 10:59 AM

Sorry if this has been answered before but I remember hearing that jb4 or can tool was not going to work with 2007 models is that still true ?
(#215)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-14-2010, 11:06 AM

JB4 is fully compatible with 2007s.

Burger Motorsports

(#216)
Old

Car: 135i 08
Default 12-14-2010, 01:02 PM

Hey Terry do you think a map specic for winter could be able to take advantage of the cold weather more?

Just a random question i had :P
(#217)
Old

Car: 335i coupe 08'-545i 05'smg- civic 95' 600whp
Default 12-14-2010, 01:18 PM

For that is Autotune!!

I think!!!
(#218)
Old

Car: E92 335i
Default 12-14-2010, 06:06 PM

I can't wait for jb4 to come out, I've been doing so much reading between this and the procede. You have one really great product, keep up the good work. Ftw, I don't have jb3 or any type of mods because I'm waiting on this and snow is coming soon, so I won't be driving much.
(#219)
Old

Car: 135i 08
Default 12-14-2010, 06:08 PM

Forget Procede, JB4 ftw, Terry is the man, been using the jb3 for 8months still going strong
(#220)
Old
Call da Ambalamps

Car: 621whp/600tq MK4 Jetta and 135i
Default 12-14-2010, 06:17 PM

If someone wanted to use meth, but dont have a flow sensor, what do you have to do? Buy a CMGS and wire it in? Is that it?
(#221)
Old
Super Demigod

Car: 335i
Send a message via AIM to themyst
Default 12-14-2010, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLEEPYDUB
If someone wanted to use meth, but dont have a flow sensor, what do you have to do? Buy a CMGS and wire it in? Is that it?
there are other flow sensors on the market that can handle the task.

E90 LCI N54 6AT
(#222)
Old
Super Demigod

Default 12-14-2010, 07:46 PM

Terry - any plans on implementing adaptation resets?

also, what is the max boost level on the JB4? 20psi please.

E90 LCI N54 6AT
(#223)
Old

Car: E92 335i
Default 12-14-2010, 07:49 PM

Quote:
No set ETA but we're getting there. Will likely open another beta group end of this week or early next.

(No one email me -- you'll just have to be poking around here when we open it! Yet another reason to read N54tech daily.)
You mean another Alpha group? Beta is still a bit down the line isn't it? I Can't wait to get more aggressive with the JB4. Love the smoothness of it. Enjoying the car all over again with each update. Keep it coming T...

Still not faster then a Crown Vic!!!
(#224)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-14-2010, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by themyst
Terry - any plans on implementing adaptation resets?

also, what is the max boost level on the JB4? 20psi please.
We've added the airbag reset and will add adaption resets soon. Maximum boost on the normal board is around 17psi. And around 18-19psi on the 15ohm version.

Burger Motorsports

(#225)
Old
Super Demigod

Default 12-14-2010, 08:27 PM

Quote:
We've added the airbag reset and will add adaption resets soon. Maximum boost on the normal board is around 17psi. And around 18-19psi on the 15ohm version.
15ohm please.

E90 LCI N54 6AT