N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#176)
Old

Car: GT3 RS
Default 12-09-2010, 11:03 PM

the G4 is INCREDIBLE SMOOOOOOTH and superior over JB3 on every ways especially on drivability and features.

you guys wont be disappointed !
(#177)
Old

Car: E90 335i
Default 12-10-2010, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipertech
the G4 is INCREDIBLE SMOOOOOOTH and superior over JB3 on every ways especially on drivability and features.

you guys wont be disappointed !
+1 i couldn't believe i burnt 1/8 tank of gas in 10 mins during testing the JB4, hehehehehe

-eric
2007 TiAg E90
(#178)
Old
HP addict

Car: 09 E92 335
Default 12-10-2010, 12:43 AM

Testing the JB4's external 0-5V logging capability with my AEM wideband currently. So far, so good. One step closer to having the JB4 control all of my goodies.
(#179)
Old

Car: GT3 RS
Default 12-10-2010, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawwailok
+1 i couldn't believe i burnt 1/8 tank of gas in 10 mins during testing the JB4, hehehehehe
i feel you. it makes driving so much funnnn with SUPERB smooth power delivery. can't stop putting smile on my face

GOOD WORK T !
(#180)
Old

Car: One with n54
Default 12-10-2010, 07:41 AM

Looking forward to the new goodies.

Any chance you could rig up I drive so I can play Pong, and then later Asteroids and Tempest?

(#181)
Old

Car: e90 335 2007
Default 12-10-2010, 10:55 AM

I have been checking in sporadically on the G4 updates...its still not out for upgrade release right? I have a G3 that I need to send in for the upgrade. I read previous threads is saw somehting about 100 more being built/wired.
(#182)
Old

Car: 09 335i LCI
Default 12-10-2010, 12:49 PM

Not released yet, just a select group are alpha testing.
(#183)
Old
NF@ E82

Car: E82
Default 12-10-2010, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supahdave
Not released yet, just a select group are alpha testing.
Alpha testing is going well. I hope the higher boost levels on Map 6 don't induce bog however, I'm going to try it today...

NF@ Jet Black E82 N54
451Whp/448Wtq @19psi; Pump gas & Methanol
JB3 12 Ohm
Tuned by yours truly: Terry Burger

http://www.youtube.com/user/E82jxk
(#184)
Old
Can I haz boost?

Car: 07 e92 335i
Default 12-10-2010, 01:01 PM

anticipation is murder

Current:
07 e92 BMW 335i 6spd: Injen Dual Cai, Charge Pipe, CP-E Exhaust, JB4
Previous:
2003 Acura RSX-S...400Whp Turbo...Sold...
(#185)
Old

Car: 09' 335i Sedan
Default 12-10-2010, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j x k
Alpha testing is going well. I hope the higher boost levels on Map 6 don't induce bog however, I'm going to try it today...
Still haven't tried?!!
(#186)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-10-2010, 01:36 PM

Yeah we need to get going on the high boost manual tuning! Just make sure the progressive meth is working first.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#187)
Old

Default 12-10-2010, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Yeah we need to get going on the high boost manual tuning! Just make sure the progressive meth is working first.
my FS keeps going out!...I dry it for a day and it will work fine, but it locks up again after a day or so(yes I did lower meth concentration...again)
(#188)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-10-2010, 03:58 PM

Meh those flow sensors are a major headache.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#189)
Old

Car: 09 335i LCI
Default 12-10-2010, 04:06 PM

You need to let it dry out for a few days. Run max of 70/30
(#190)
Old

Car: E92 DCT ///M
Default 12-10-2010, 05:11 PM

this is why i keep 2 on-hand, although i just 10 minutes ago snapped 1 of them in half when tightening the connectors.. time to replenish..
(#191)
Old

Car: 135I, Lotus Elise
Default 12-10-2010, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpinedevil335
my FS keeps going out!...I dry it for a day and it will work fine, but it locks up again after a day or so(yes I did lower meth concentration...again)
You have to run atleast 30% water. 29.9% water will cause it to lock up. Its been tested many times and verified, so if you lower your concentration this feature will not come back.

CM
(#192)
Old

Default 12-10-2010, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolingmist
You have to run atleast 30% water. 29.9% water will cause it to lock up. Its been tested many times and verified, so if you lower your concentration this feature will not come back.

CM
Im down to about 60% meth and still locks up
(#193)
Old

Default 12-10-2010, 06:43 PM

its possible you damaged it when you ran high concentration I guess. I can tell you that 30% water it does not lock up.

I have seen some cases where the customer did not listen to the 30% rule and ran 100% and then the flow sensor flaked out even with lower concentrations.

CM
(#194)
Old

Default 12-10-2010, 06:46 PM

I was very careful about the mixture the first time around. Worked great for a few days. then slowly went out
(#195)
Old

Default 12-10-2010, 06:48 PM

You must have another issue, because 30% water will not cause this.

if you bought your system new from myself or Terry, send me an email at info at coolingmist dot com and I will give you RMA directions for the flow sensor.

CM
(#196)
Old

Default 12-10-2010, 06:51 PM

sending email...sorry for taking this thread OT Terry
(#197)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-10-2010, 11:35 PM

No prob!

Burger Motorsports

(#198)
Old
Poor Kid with Dreams

Car: 335xi
Default 12-12-2010, 12:58 PM

How's alpha testing coming? Any news on when beta will release or hints on new features?

'07 335xi JB4, CXRacing IC, BMS DCI, Meth
'95 Mustang GTS 347ci Heads,Custom Cam,Intake Manifold,Tubular Front Suspension,Full Exhaust,Big and Littles
The Site to go to for Home Owner Knowledge: Home Owner Basics
(#199)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-12-2010, 06:20 PM

We've got ~30 more going out tomorrow. Just loaded and tested them this afternoon. That will bring us up to around 80 out there. I'd like to get to 100-150 running well without issue before opening up beta.

Up next in the firmware we'll be adding gear dependent boost as a precursor to bringing back a smarter traction assist system.

Burger Motorsports

(#200)
Old

Car: E90 335i
Default 12-12-2010, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
We've got ~30 more going out tomorrow. Just loaded and tested them this afternoon. That will bring us up to around 80 out there. I'd like to get to 100-150 running well without issue before opening up beta.

Up next in the firmware we'll be adding gear dependent boost as a precursor to bringing back a smarter traction assist system.
nice to hear that Terry! at which firmware in the future, the autotune will be enabled? im planning to get some more datalogging on the high octane map 2 run for you tomorrow =)

last night, it was my first time being a passenger in my car and let my friend drove it, honestly, this thing really makes people pee in their pants now.

-eric
2007 TiAg E90