N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#2001)
Old

Car: 07' 335i
Default 10-11-2010, 05:01 PM

Rob, did you happen to receive my actuators?

Thanks
(#2002)
Old

Car: 335 E92
Default Want to take my place in Rob first batch? - 10-13-2010, 10:57 AM

I decided to sell the car therefore no need for the new turbos. Anybody interested to take my place?
(#2003)
Old

Car: E92 DCT ///M
Default 10-13-2010, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzenno
LM, you ever redyno your setup after your latest maintenance updates?
No, not yet. Im debating on waiting and doing a back to back JB3-JB4 dyno.

Plus I want to get a 100% stock N54 there to see how the baseline really is
(#2004)
Old

Car: 2009 BMW 135i
Default 10-13-2010, 04:38 PM

In an effort not to read over 2 thousand posts I want to ask a few questions.

How much do these cost with my old cores provided to him?

How much without cores?

Have they produced any turbos yet? I see a lot of problems along the way.

Is there any warranty on them?

What is approximate cost of all the ' other' parts needed?

How hard and how long will it take to install them "approximate".

What is a realistic but good price to pay a shop to put in turbos?

Thanks!
(#2005)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 10-13-2010, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramppo
I decided to sell the car therefore no need for the new turbos. Anybody interested to take my place?
Hey u got a pm

412 on pump with rb's JB4LIFE

stock
(#2006)
Old
Stalker

Car: 335I
Default 10-14-2010, 09:21 AM

Sure did!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricehero
Rob, did you happen to receive my actuators?

Thanks
(#2007)
Old
Stalker

Default 10-14-2010, 09:23 AM

These are coming soon. Im excited to get all of these initial sets out the door and have prepared for a much quicker turn around after that. Coming around the last lap now folks

Quote:
Originally Posted by NihonX
Two more pay days and I might be able to join the rest of you guys.
(#2008)
Old
Stalker

Default 10-14-2010, 09:25 AM

Here is the current list:
1.bnk- LHD 335I (RB has cores)(will include WG actuators payment at transaction complete)
2.Ramppo- LHD 335I (RB has cores)(will include WG actuators payment at transaction complete)
3.Malaka1- LHD 335I (RB has cores)(provided WG actuators)
4.ultimateracing 335- LHD 335I (RB has cores)(declined WG actuators)
5.coogi1991- LHD 335I (RB has cores)(will include WG actuators payment at transaction complete)
6.dzenno- LHD 335I (RB has cores)(provided WG actuators)
7.m6beast- LHD 335I (RB has cores)(provided WG actuators)
8.Ivan- LHD 335I (RB has cores)(will include WG actuators payment at transaction complete)
9.George Smooth- RHD 335I (RB has cores)(Paid in full minus shipping, will include payment for WG actuators when pays for shipping)
10.Encinitas- LHD 335I (RB has cores)(provided WG actuators)
11.ricehero- LHD 335I (RB has cores)(provided WG actuators)
12.funkmob- LHD 335I (RB has cores)(included payment for WG actuators)(working on wire transfer, payment pending)
13.enzos- RHD 335I (RB has cores)(included payment for WG actuators)
14.dontask- RHD 135I (RB has cores)(included payment for WG actuators)

Last edited by Rob@RBTurbo; 10-26-2010 at 04:57 PM..
(#2009)
Old
Stalker

Default 10-14-2010, 09:32 AM

Short of being bolted to a car and ran, yes. Each unit will be VSR balanced, which spins/balances at operating speeds.

Quote:
Rob, I know most turbo manufacturers will test spin their turbos prior to release (quality assurance)...are you intending on performing any such test prior to final release?
(#2010)
Old
Stalker

Default 10-14-2010, 10:14 AM

Just placed a massive order with Tischer... they are going to busy after this one
(#2011)
Old
Stalker

Default 10-14-2010, 10:56 AM

RB Turbos:
Turbos $2899 (add'l $100 fees apply if pay using paypal/CC, no add'l fees if paying via Certified Funds)
Wastegate actuators $100 (if you wish me to order/install them, otherwise you can add this to your installers list below)
Cores Free if you provide. Or you can buy them from me outright at a current $300 for LHD 335I, $400 for RHD 335I/All 135I. They will be disassembled/cleaned/bead blasted/reconditioned as necessary.

Installation:
Typical install parts ~$150 (see first page for thorough parts breakdown)
Installation ~you'll have to do homework there with local installers, Ive been told quotes are between 9-12 hours by whatever labor rate they have, but if you are mechanically inclined you can do it yourself for free.

Turbo Production:
Currently undergoing 15 sets to satisfy current order demand. Working to heavily speed up production, but focusing on current demand at the moment.

Turbo Warranty:
This is a good question, one that is not often discussed as thorough as you are about to read. There will be a warranty (I dont recall the exact months at the moment; but am thinking I had it at 6 months unlimited mileage), but to be quite frank the units warranty ultimately will be at the discretion of myself by unit inpection. I have a lengthy warranty agreement being worked up, but am not quite finished. In a nutshell though, plenty of things can go wrong. Most of the time (usually all the time) those things are installation or user related (ie. debris or clogged oil lines, ingestion of foreign objects into the wheels, constant overspin due to massive induction leaks, etc.). Really it all depends on the situation, so it's a case by case basis. Other things such as consequential damages or labor repair costs will not be warrantied under any circumstances. LostMarine has been beating the snot out of his for many months now (at times with massive induction leaks), and they are still kicking strong as far as I know. As a turbo builder I just can't set expectations that if anything goes wrong, I'll stand behind everything "no matter what". It may sound like alot of smoke and mirrors, but you'll find this is very typical with turbo builders; or most any aftermarket parts supplier who is working with components that are known to be used in hi-performance, custom, and/or racing applications. Additionally, in effort of being forthright, I am putting it all out in the open which this stuff is typically the "fine print" you dont see until its too late. All of that said, I likely will offer an awesome CHRA replacement cost whether the likely root cause is a grey area/user error or obviously a user error. The housings should always be reusable, which means a centersection replacement will fix most all problems (ie. if they end up bad, its not going to cost anywhere near full price for a new centersection). If you as the end user so chose, they are also fully rebuildable which is even more affordable.

Send PM if this seems appealing and I will give you more detail on payment options, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo135
In an effort not to read over 2 thousand posts I want to ask a few questions.

How much do these cost with my old cores provided to him?

How much without cores?

Have they produced any turbos yet? I see a lot of problems along the way.

Is there any warranty on them?

What is approximate cost of all the ' other' parts needed?

How hard and how long will it take to install them "approximate".

What is a realistic but good price to pay a shop to put in turbos?

Thanks!
(#2012)
Old

Default 10-14-2010, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob@RBTurbo
RB Turbos:
Turbo Warranty:
This is a good question, one that is not often discussed as thorough as you are about to read. There will be a warranty (I dont recall the exact months at the moment; but am thinking I had it at 6 months unlimited mileage), but to be quite frank the units warranty ultimately will be at the discretion of myself by unit inpection. I have a lengthy warranty agreement being worked up, but am not quite finished. In a nutshell though, plenty of things can go wrong. Most of the time (usually all the time) those things are installation or user related (ie. debris or clogged oil lines, ingestion of foreign objects into the wheels, constant overspin due to massive induction leaks, etc.). Really it all depends on the situation, so it's a case by case basis. Other things such as consequential damages or labor repair costs will not be warrantied under any circumstances. LostMarine has been beating the snot out of his for many months now (at times with massive induction leaks), and they are still kicking strong as far as I know. As a turbo builder I just can't set expectations that if anything goes wrong, I'll stand behind everything "no matter what". It may sound like alot of smoke and mirrors, but you'll find this is very typical with turbo builders; or most any aftermarket parts supplier who is working with components that are known to be used in hi-performance, custom, and/or racing applications. Additionally, in effort of being forthright, I am putting it all out in the open which this stuff is typically the "fine print" you dont see until its too late. All of that said, I likely will offer an awesome CHRA replacement cost whether the likely root cause is a grey area/user error or obviously a user error. The housings should always be reusable, which means a centersection replacement will fix most all problems (ie. if they end up bad, its not going to cost anywhere near full price for a new centersection). If you as the end user so chose, they are also fully rebuildable which is even more affordable.

Send PM if this seems appealing and I will give you more detail on payment options, etc.
This is very true. If you guys remember, the reason i have these in the first place is because i had a boost leak that "we" feel is why i went through my first turbo's, possible even my 2nd (used -ebay). The leak was not found until even a few weeks after the RB turbo's were on, even when i was boosting 20 psi those first few times (the couple posts T made before we told you guys i had them on). So even boosting that high, with a leak Ive still had no problems. Even then these suckers could reach that PSI, but as the logs showed, PWM was much higher than it should have been for the JB board i had.

Also, another possible reason for my stockers demise may have been a clogged oil line. Which may have also helped do in my 2nd set so fast. So when i put on the RB's i was sure to replace thos oil lines as well, just for cheap insurance.

Basically, as you guys can tell, these guys can take some abuse and in more hardcore racers hands, can push some real power
(#2013)
Old

Car: 2009 BMW 135i
Default 10-14-2010, 06:53 PM

Thank you very much for the answers to my questions. I am sure others will benefit also but I really appreciate your time.

LM- are you controlling them with the regular dme and jb3? If so, I assume you made a custom map?

I will email u with any more questions Rob. Thanks again for your time!
(#2014)
Old

Default 10-14-2010, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo135
Thank you very much for the answers to my questions. I am sure others will benefit also but I really appreciate your time.

LM- are you controlling them with the regular dme and jb3? If so, I assume you made a custom map?

I will email u with any more questions Rob. Thanks again for your time!

stock DME of course. Ive tried a few different JB boards along the way to help with testing. 18ohm then 12 ohm and then 12 ohm with 1k fuel resistors.

I run regular maps for regular use (up to map 7), but like most other people, a custom map1 for racing
(#2015)
Old
Olimpiakos

Car: 335i e90
Default 10-15-2010, 06:34 AM

Guys if someone wants to take my spot, let me know. I'm getting rid of the car next week. All I'm asking for is the deposit back. Cores, wastegate actuators, and all install parts free. Let me know.
I hate to do this but its the smart thing for me right now.

YMB F80 M3- Jb4
F85 X5M-Jb4
(#2016)
Old

Default 10-15-2010, 10:44 AM

Quote:
LM where was your boost leak?
Post FMIC/pre-charge pipe. The pipe that still deep down coming from the fmic so it was harder to find
(#2017)
Old

Car: 2007 335i
Default 10-15-2010, 11:04 AM

LM, was this before or after the Lambo race... 'cause I'm thinking REMATCH!

Ferrari Red F80
(#2018)
Old
Olimpiakos

Car: 335i e90
Default 10-16-2010, 09:35 PM

Hey Rob. Malaka1 has taken my spot on the list. I have all his info. Let me know when you need it. Thanks

YMB F80 M3- Jb4
F85 X5M-Jb4
(#2019)
Old

Default 10-17-2010, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleventeen
LM, was this before or after the Lambo race... 'cause I'm thinking REMATCH!
Way back before anyone even knew i had these, we are do for a rematch, i just have no time to meet up with him him
(#2020)
Old

Car: 07' 335i
Default 10-18-2010, 10:21 AM

Can't wait for these turbos to come in as I have a huge build. Is there any sort of time frame we should be looking at?

Thanks
(#2021)
Old
Stalker

Default 10-19-2010, 05:41 AM

Ok, thanks for the update. I have changed him to your place on the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ggreek5
Hey Rob. Malaka1 has taken my spot on the list. I have all his info. Let me know when you need it. Thanks
(#2022)
Old
Stalker

Default 10-19-2010, 05:43 AM

I just got done with all of the turbine housing machining. Now I need to clock the adapters into place and have them all welded up. Will try to snap some pics of that work tonight so you all can see whats been going on, it was ALOT of work but we are sooo getting there now. They will be going to welding in the next day or two now. After that all that is left is installing the new upgraded wastegates and doing the final assembly.

Thanks,
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricehero
Can't wait for these turbos to come in as I have a huge build. Is there any sort of time frame we should be looking at?

Thanks
(#2023)
Old

Default 10-19-2010, 09:21 AM

Excuse my ignorance but are you just a individual doing this for the community on the side? I have been reading these threads for months and seems like this thread has been going on forever. If I had paid that much I would have wanted them within a couple of weeks. I don't really understand why this is taking so long? I know you are having to order all the parts but still a month tops-Unless you are doing it at night on the side or something?
(#2024)
Old
Martin@Atlanticmotosports

Car: E92 COUPE
Default 10-19-2010, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostMarine
Way back before anyone even knew i had these, we are do for a rematch, i just have no time to meet up with him him
Im not gonna miss this one
(#2025)
Old

Car: 2008 135i AT
Send a message via Skype™ to OldBooster
Default 10-19-2010, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennejp
Excuse my ignorance but are you just a individual doing this for the community on the side? I have been reading these threads for months and seems like this thread has been going on forever. If I had paid that much I would have wanted them within a couple of weeks. I don't really understand why this is taking so long? I know you are having to order all the parts but still a month tops-Unless you are doing it at night on the side or something?
Mr. Kennejp, I will try to express my reaction to your tragically naive comment without blatantly insulting you. I, like a good number of us N54 speed enthusiasts, get excited about, and seek out, special one-off, one-of-a-kind items and parts that make our cars truly superior. Perhaps that's why my 135i holds the current ET record in the quarter mile.

Except for the marvelous JB3 piggyback -- which by the way, was initially created "on the side" by our mentor Terry Burger ... and which is constantly being upgraded and improved as we breathe -- my car has almost no "off the shelf" parts. Even the branded parts on my car are customized.

Please be reminded that every item on the market started out as somebody's, or groups', R&R development "at night, or on the side." This hard work, ingenuity and entrepreneurial effort is where superior, state-of-the-art products come from.

Don't want to wait for a dedicated individual to develop and market his superior turbos? Then these turbos are not for you. And winning won't be either. Cheers!

Terry's unmatched dedication to the N54
Held #1 on www.DragTimes.com:
First to run 11.012 @129.30