N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 335i coupe 2010
Default EKP question - 10-11-2018, 05:27 PM

Aside from buying the 1K stage 3 pump to avoid EKP overheating issues, does anyone know if Fuel it or others have found a work around for using the stage 2 pumps that draw more current resulting in over heating of the EKP?

I've seen some say code it to a higher amp threshold, and then some using a heat sink?

It doesn't seem that common, but I'd really like to get the stage 2 to use with the new CPI....Thanks

2013 335xi PWG, JB4, CP, meow-less pipe, FMIC, PS2 with DV/inlet, stock fueling, stock intake
(#2)
Old

Car: 2013 BMW 335xi F30 N55
Default 10-12-2018, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman
Aside from buying the 1K stage 3 pump to avoid EKP overheating issues, does anyone know if Fuel it or others have found a work around for using the stage 2 pumps that draw more current resulting in over heating of the EKP?

I've seen some say code it to a higher amp threshold, and then some using a heat sink?

It doesn't seem that common, but I'd really like to get the stage 2 to use with the new CPI....Thanks
I'm interested as well. I've been running my stage 2 for about 6 months now with no issue so far that I've seen but when I install my new turbo and PI I want to do something to avoid overheating, I was thinking a fan on the EKP but other ideas are welcome.

2013 BMW 335xi F30 N55 PWG
Injen CAI/ER CP/VRSF C-less DPipe/Active A FMIC/JB4 ISO_11 - Map 7/e50/Custom tuned exhaust/stock turbo/Resonator Delete/MHD BEF with JB4 e85/Stage 2 LPFP Walbro 450/MHD BEF
Waiting to install: Speedtech BW 8374/PI & Tune by Trebila