N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1126)
Old

Car: '16 340i Xdrive
Default 03-17-2018, 01:28 PM

Just posted logs with map3 on the support forum.
93 octane stock 340i Xdrive.

Let me tell you, it was hard letting off at 100, it just wants to keep pulling!
(#1127)
Old

Default 03-17-2018, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Just posted a B58 update and could use a few logs to ensure its working as it should be.

BMW_B48_B58_OBDII_9:

1) Redesigned CANbus logging engine for faster sample speed and all available parameters including cyl1-6 timing, water, oil, and trans temp, full time.
2) Corrected speedo calibration issue when using in dash menu.
3) Added FutureUseD Bit4 option to disable startup sweep.
4) Added in dash timing and AFR gauges under menu 2/3 and 2/4 respectively.
Hey Terry, question about the AFR gauge. On page 1 it looks like menu 2 was for the boost gauge. Wondering how to enable both the boost gauge and AFR. Or does the boost automatically enable with all other options. Thanks
(#1128)
Old
Demigod

Car: '07 335i Sedan, Built & Blown '08 Mustang Bullitt
Default 03-17-2018, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 340MSport
Hey Terry, question about the AFR gauge. On page 1 it looks like menu 2 was for the boost gauge. Wondering how to enable both the boost gauge and AFR. Or does the boost automatically enable with all other options. Thanks
Boost is automatically still on.

2018 Audi RS3

2017 F36 440i Gran Coupe | PS2 | MPPSK | Track Handling Package | JB4 | BMS Meth Kit (Dual CM5) | BMS Intake | BMW 513M Wheels | Dinan Shockware

SOLD: 2007 E90 335i | PS2's | JB4 | FBO | 160k+ miles on the car, 120k+ miles on the JB4

Log, log, then log some more...
(#1129)
Old

Car: Cooper S
Default Correct Firmware for F56 Mini - 03-18-2018, 08:04 AM

Hi

Can someone please let me know the correct firmware for an F56 mini

Thanks

Ian
(#1130)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-18-2018, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty_Zoomer
Hi

Can someone please let me know the correct firmware for an F56 mini

Thanks

Ian
http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33083

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1131)
Old

Car: F22 230i Xdrive
Default 03-18-2018, 11:02 AM

Regarding the new Timing and AFR ratio gauge. What position represent what value exactly ?

Also just to confirm the boost gauge is 0-25psi ?

Thank you
(#1132)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-18-2018, 11:54 AM

Boost gauge is 0psi to safety limit setting.

On timing/ AFR gauge 100mph = 10 degrees of timing, and 10:1 AFR. 140mph = 14 degrees of timing, and 14:1 AFR.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1133)
Old

Car: 135i FL
Default 03-18-2018, 01:35 PM

hey terry what about the m40i b58 JB4 version? some news?
(#1134)
Old

Car: M140i
Default 03-19-2018, 02:13 AM

Just installed the JB4 with the version 9.4 firmware (the latest available). Aside from the cluster switching not working due to the car being LCi2, the car feels exceptional on Map 2. Day and night difference.
(#1135)
Old

Default 03-19-2018, 04:17 AM

Any plans to get meth flow as the cruise control LED on the B58?

That would be sweeeeet!
(#1136)
Old

Default 03-19-2018, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy
Just installed the JB4 with the version 9.4 firmware (the latest available). Aside from the cluster switching not working due to the car being LCi2, the car feels exceptional on Map 2. Day and night difference.
Hey are you stock or any other mods? Did you do any logging? Curious to see if my logs are similar.
(#1137)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-19-2018, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunschky
hey terry what about the m40i b58 JB4 version? some news?
Should be working fine on the tuning end.

Burger Motorsports

(#1138)
Old

Car: BMW M140i
Default Firmware 9.4 working great - 03-19-2018, 09:12 AM

Hi Terry,

Just some positive feedback. Updated firmware using the JB4 app in under 5 minutes to version 9.4. Immediately tried out the transmission and water temperature dials, very nice. Waited until up to temp then selected map 1 and had a bit of a motorway entrance blast. Seriously nice and smooth even compared to last versions. I dont know what youve done but youve done something!

Only thing I did notice is that the refresh rate on the AFR dial was really fast but I guess thats down to android version and JB4 Mobile App performance.. not really your problem I know.

Cant wait for things to warm up here in Switzerland and the summer tyres on..
(#1139)
Old

Default 03-19-2018, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 340MSport
Hey are you stock or any other mods? Did you do any logging? Curious to see if my logs are similar.
Will log this weekend. Awaiting my BT module.
(#1140)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 03-19-2018, 12:35 PM

hi, I will switch to the new software on saturday or sunday and then log. What is a good Afr value for Map 2 and 3 and what is the value of Stock?
(#1141)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-19-2018, 05:07 PM

The B58 runs lean... High 13s is not uncommon at higher RPM.

Burger Motorsports

(#1142)
Old

Car: f30
Default 03-19-2018, 06:17 PM

What is does bit3 mean?

bit3 - Raise "boost over stock" cap from 10psi to 20psi.
(#1143)
Old

Default 03-19-2018, 07:15 PM

Just install firmware 9.4

went for testing with my previous firmware 8 setting
pid 8,fol 70 and FUA 30
got fault code Boost Lower Than Expected on map 1,2,3,5 & 6
attach is the logs for map 2,3 & 6.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-03-20 09_37_00.csv (5.6 KB, 24 views)
File Type: csv 2018-03-20 09_38_03.csv (4.1 KB, 19 views)
File Type: csv 2018-03-20 09_43_21.csv (5.1 KB, 19 views)

Last edited by alfanatix; 03-19-2018 at 07:27 PM..
(#1144)
Old

Default 03-19-2018, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfanatix
Just install firmware 9.4

went for testing with my previous firmware 8 setting
pid 8,fol 70 and FUA 30
got fault code Boost Lower Than Expected on map 1,2,3,5 & 6
attach is the logs for map 2,3 & 6.
But After i set FUA = 0. the boost came back but with excessive Throttle closures on all maps. its was good with the previous firmware 8.
attach is the logs for map 3,5 & 6
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-03-20 10_01_57.csv (11.0 KB, 21 views)
File Type: csv 2018-03-20 10_02_42.csv (8.4 KB, 15 views)
File Type: csv 2018-03-20 10_03_11.csv (9.2 KB, 19 views)

Last edited by alfanatix; 03-19-2018 at 07:28 PM..
(#1145)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-19-2018, 07:35 PM

Generally use the support forum for assistance.

This log where you say there is throttle closure, I don't see any. PSI2 (manifold boost) more or less mirrors PSI (pre-throttle boost). If there was throttle closure they would diverge proportionally.

If you force boost too low with an FUA setting you will end up making less boost and power. You want to lower it only so that PSI and PSI2 match.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#1146)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-19-2018, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfanatix
What is does bit3 mean?

bit3 - Raise "boost over stock" cap from 10psi to 20psi.
There is a safety system to prevent the JB4 from targeting more than 10psi than the flash tune. That setting effectively eliminates that cap.

Burger Motorsports

(#1147)
Old

Default 03-19-2018, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Generally use the support forum for assistance.

This log where you say there is throttle closure, I don't see any. PSI2 (manifold boost) more or less mirrors PSI (pre-throttle boost). If there was throttle closure they would diverge proportionally.

If you force boost too low with an FUA setting you will end up making less boost and power. You want to lower it only so that PSI and PSI2 match.
Thanks for the reply. But its was fine with the firmware 8 with fua set at 30. Now without the fua. The car feel like there are some hesitation/jerkiness. Why is that happening? Or the jb4 need more adaptation or do i need to remove the car battery?
(#1148)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-19-2018, 08:07 PM

There were no tuning changes made between the firmware. But maybe a fua=10 will be a good setting for your map6 levels as I see them.

Burger Motorsports

(#1149)
Old

Car: BMW
Default 03-19-2018, 08:09 PM

Quote:
I haven't come across anything like that on our B48 230i. Sounds possibly electrical. If you can recreate it easily one test might be to see if you can trigger it on map0. I'd also update the firmware to see if it has any effect.
News from the owner that his car has changed catalytic converter, modified.

Which electrical part do u possible guess?

Thanks
(#1150)
Old

Default 03-19-2018, 08:18 PM

Quote:
There were no tuning changes made between the firmware. But maybe a fua=10 will be a good setting for your map6 levels as I see them.
Thanks Terry, will try fua 10 and will log later. Previously i follow the instructions base on firmware 7 where my car has a custom ******** and exhaust. And it was good. Anyway i will try again with 10. Thank you again.