N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#2451)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-13-2018, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbrrrx1
Hey Terry, my car is driving fine but has a few error codes, no CEL. Makes a belt sound occasionally after driving rough, but when I tried taking it in the sound is usually gone. Are any of these bad? Ignore the 00s at the end of the codes.
No idea what any of that is, but they aren't ECU fault codes. Looks like internal checks the ECU is in the process of running, like for readiness testing, etc.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2452)
Old

Car: q60
Default 03-13-2018, 09:50 PM

If you guys want to brake boost BTW just throw the 4 PIN brake connector at the pedal location on a switch. You cant shift from park to D so make sure its switched off after you change into D. This lets you brake boost without the ECU cancelling you throttle.[/QUOTE]

Whoa!? WHAT? Can you pls post a pic of that connector?! And what does that do...from what you've said it seems to disable the brake signal getting to the ecu? So the ecu doesn't know you are stepping in the brakes...other than not being able to shift doesn't anything else not work? Have you done this? Pics of your switch? Thanks in advance!
(#2453)
Old

Car: Q50 silver sport
Default 03-14-2018, 07:05 AM

Hello everyone,

So I currently have the JB1. I'm thinking about upgrading it to the JB4 but I have a few questions to ask to clear some stuff up.

1) I understand the map numbers, but what I don't understand is the difference between Maps 1,2,5,7 and Map 3. I get that Map 3 is like JB1 where you change the boost safety number. But how I'm understanding it is that if you set the boost safety on Map 3 to lets say 6psi it will be the same as Map 5? If I'm getting that wrong please tell me.

2) When I install the JB4, how would i change the maps? Could i do it through the dash like a N54 BMW? or would i have to connect it to my computer and then change maps?

3) In order to get the best performance from the JB4 should I do boost by rpm?

Sorry for the questions guys. Really new to burger motorsports.

thanks in advance
(#2454)
Old

Default 03-14-2018, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q50_Spartan
Hello everyone,

So I currently have the JB1. I'm thinking about upgrading it to the JB4 but I have a few questions to ask to clear some stuff up.

1) I understand the map numbers, but what I don't understand is the difference between Maps 1,2,5,7 and Map 3. I get that Map 3 is like JB1 where you change the boost safety number. But how I'm understanding it is that if you set the boost safety on Map 3 to lets say 6psi it will be the same as Map 5? If I'm getting that wrong please tell me.

2) When I install the JB4, how would i change the maps? Could i do it through the dash like a N54 BMW? or would i have to connect it to my computer and then change maps?

3) In order to get the best performance from the JB4 should I do boost by rpm?

Sorry for the questions guys. Really new to burger motorsports.

thanks in advance
1) yes
2) you cannot do the dash change thing - i personally have the bluetooth module so i can do it from my phone. there is a you tube video on it. you also then can get guages (boost, etc)
3)If you're awd then you probably don't need this, if your rwd it can help to reduce wheel spin...but so can throttle application. I believe you can limit boost by rpm/gear.
(#2455)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-14-2018, 08:19 AM

The JB4 maps just give you different boost profile options that take advantage of the data inputs coming via CANbus like engine speed, pedal position, throttle position, road speed, etc.

You change maps via JB4 mobile or laptop, for now. Some day we hope to add the in dash controls and gauges.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2456)
Old

Car: q50s
Default 03-14-2018, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
No idea what any of that is, but they aren't ECU fault codes. Looks like internal checks the ECU is in the process of running, like for readiness testing, etc.
Thank you, I just wanted to make sure you donít recognize those. One page of errors shows a misfire in every cylinder, I assumed that was a mistake. Also got a letter from Infiniti saying my ecu needs an update, Iíll take it in and let them do that to see if it fixes the codes.
(#2457)
Old

Car: Q50 silver sport
Default 03-14-2018, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
The JB4 maps just give you different boost profile options that take advantage of the data inputs coming via CANbus like engine speed, pedal position, throttle position, road speed, etc.

You change maps via JB4 mobile or laptop, for now. Some day we hope to add the in dash controls and gauges.
so the JB4 on Map 5 will have a smoother power output than the JB1 with +6psi?
(#2458)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0T Premium RWD
Default 03-14-2018, 01:08 PM

Quote:
My personal experience: Moving up from the amazing JB1 to the even more amazing and smoother pedal response of the JB4 is money very well spent!
(#2459)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-14-2018, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Yes, smoother and better power delivery with the JB4.

Burger Motorsports

(#2460)
Old

Car: 2018 Q50 3.0t Sport
Default 03-15-2018, 08:18 AM

Just ordered JB1 and the cable. I couldn't go with JB4 (not yet at least) since I've got the stupid Progressive Snapshot thing that has to be plugged in to the OBD2 port until ~ June.

All of my reading was done on JB4 until I remembered yesterday that I won't be able to use it until I get rid of Snapshot. What kind of settings am I looking at with JB1? Is it just +3psi or are there other options and what is suggested? What sort of improvements will I see in HP (roughly) / 0-60, etc? My nearest gas station has both 93 and E85 so I could run all 93 or a 70/30 mix.

I've got an 18 Q50 silversport.

Edit - Where do the kits ship from? Shows as shipped this morning and I'm praying I get to play around with this sometime this weekend!
(#2461)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-15-2018, 09:03 AM

Details on JB1 settings are in the first post. Normally +4psi is no problem on the SS on JB1.

Orders ship from our warehouse, address is on our website.

Burger Motorsports

(#2462)
Old

Default 03-15-2018, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefnwa
Just ordered JB1 and the cable. I couldn't go with JB4 (not yet at least) since I've got the stupid Progressive Snapshot thing that has to be plugged in to the OBD2 port until ~ June.

All of my reading was done on JB4 until I remembered yesterday that I won't be able to use it until I get rid of Snapshot. What kind of settings am I looking at with JB1? Is it just +3psi or are there other options and what is suggested? What sort of improvements will I see in HP (roughly) / 0-60, etc? My nearest gas station has both 93 and E85 so I could run all 93 or a 70/30 mix.

I've got an 18 Q50 silversport.

Edit - Where do the kits ship from? Shows as shipped this morning and I'm praying I get to play around with this sometime this weekend!
Check posts # 389 & # 491 for some comments on the JB1 with my '17 SS RWD running with an E30 blend (1:4 E85 and 93 octane.)
(#2463)
Old

Car: 2017 Infiniti Q50 Red Sport
Default 03-15-2018, 11:00 AM

I'm in an RS running JB4 Map 1 on 91 octane. Been thinking of switching to Map 6 to take advantage of the boost by rpm function. Thoughts? What would an ideal boost profile look like? I understand needing to taper up top after 5000-5500 rpms.
(#2464)
Old

Car: 2018 q50 red sport
Default 03-15-2018, 01:50 PM

does anyone know where the vdc fuse is in the engine bay? I need to do something and need to pull it out thanks..
(#2465)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0t (300hp) AWD
Default 03-15-2018, 09:36 PM

Just saw a video online about doing a standing burnout with the Q, seems like there’s a little white button right above where the brake pedal is, suppose to hold it for 5-6 seconds then the slip light comes off

2017 Q50 3.0t Silver Sport (AWD)
-Catback + d0wnp1pes
-BMS Cold Air Intake
-Jb4 (map 6)
(#2466)
Old

Default 03-15-2018, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g0t2bmiirii
Just saw a video online about doing a standing burnout with the Q, seems like thereís a little white button right above where the brake pedal is, suppose to hold it for 5-6 seconds then the slip light comes off
all you have to do is pull the plug in the trunk and you will have rwd and can burn out all day with both wheels, but even if you turn off traction control there is still some kind of traction control on it wont allow you to do a doughnut or powerslide it cut power to one wheel. I understand if you remove the vdc fuse then you have no traction control on at all, I cant believe no one knows where this fuse is...
(#2467)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0t (300hp) AWD
Default 03-16-2018, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphie1313
all you have to do is pull the plug in the trunk and you will have rwd and can burn out all day with both wheels, but even if you turn off traction control there is still some kind of traction control on it wont allow you to do a doughnut or powerslide it cut power to one wheel. I understand if you remove the vdc fuse then you have no traction control on at all, I cant believe no one knows where this fuse is...
No idea about the fuse part, but what I know is that video I saw is for RWD cars to completely turn off traction and do a stand still burn out.. hereís the link

https://youtu.be/3RLwT00GCGY

2017 Q50 3.0t Silver Sport (AWD)
-Catback + d0wnp1pes
-BMS Cold Air Intake
-Jb4 (map 6)
(#2468)
Old

Default 03-16-2018, 03:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g0t2bmiirii
No idea about the fuse part, but what I know is that video I saw is for RWD cars to completely turn off traction and do a stand still burn out.. hereís the link

https://youtu.be/3RLwT00GCGY

whats funny is that light that comes on when he presses the scond button, well that light comes on when u pull the plug in the trunk for awd. I don't know maybe pulling the vdc fuse wont do anything either. just really sucks you cant powerslide.
(#2469)
Old

Default 03-16-2018, 08:41 AM

I checked in the footwell of my 2017 q60 RS awd and there is a BLACK button that is depressed when the brake pedal is NOT DEPRESSED. So when you apply the brakes, this button would be released.

I didn't have time to try it this morning, but i don't quite see how depressing it for 5 seconds would work...unless (in order to press the button you have to apply the brakes) so maybe the car knows that it's getting two conflicting inputs and disables the stability or something?

Truly the only reason i would get an EcuTek tune is to enable a better launch by way of throttle high jack. As i'm very happy with the power i get from a jb4 and bolt ons. If this works perhaps it could be make into a permanent switch (as suggested by the poster who started this discussion)
(#2470)
Old

Car: 2017 Q60 RS
Default JB4 Install Issue - 03-16-2018, 11:27 AM

My tuner is getting an error after installing JB4 upgrade kit - error = JB4 failed to find JB4?
(#2471)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-16-2018, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twister68
My tuner is getting an error after installing JB4 upgrade kit - error = JB4 failed to find JB4?
Can't connect from laptop to JB4 with data cable? Maybe com port is mapped out wrong. If there is an issue with the JB4 itself you'll get a check engine light in dash that won't clear, no power, etc.

Burger Motorsports

(#2472)
Old

Car: 2017 Infiniti Q50 Red Sport
Default 03-16-2018, 02:20 PM

Sooo...nothing on my post?
(#2473)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-16-2018, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeBlockWar
I'm in an RS running JB4 Map 1 on 91 octane. Been thinking of switching to Map 6 to take advantage of the boost by rpm function. Thoughts? What would an ideal boost profile look like? I understand needing to taper up top after 5000-5500 rpms.
For the RS on lower grade fuels I think map1 is the best fit. I'd stay with it personally.

Burger Motorsports

(#2474)
Old

Car: Q50 Red sport
Default 03-16-2018, 06:25 PM

Anyone has info on the BMS cable. I got my cable and jb4 together but been running on map 1 since 6 months. Time to step it up. Can you tell me when connecting cable to my laptop, does ignition/engine need to be on. Also, can someone share a link to download the jb4 application for desktop. Please help
(#2475)
Old

Default 03-16-2018, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS400BLUE
Anyone has info on the BMS cable. I got my cable and jb4 together but been running on map 1 since 6 months. Time to step it up. Can you tell me when connecting cable to my laptop, does ignition/engine need to be on. Also, can someone share a link to download the jb4 application for desktop. Please help
http://www.n54tech.com/flash_files/jb4_interface.zip

Yes - the ignition/ engine needs to be on when using your laptop and the JB4 app to change maps / settings. Be sure to read the second post as well.