N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
E90M335i E90M335i is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 96
Join Date: May 2016
Car: E90 335i
Default 2E7C and 2E8B codes - 05-13-2018, 02:35 PM

So fellas. I have a bit of a problem that's making me scratch my head..

The car was running beautifully for a while and out of the blue, one more I started getting the 2E7C and 2E8C codes. This did happen a while ago randomly but deleted the code and it never happened again..

Now I have those 2 codes and my oil level sensor seems to be freaking out as they're all on the same bit line. The oil gauges freaks out too and starts reading high towards 250F whilst the car is on around 160 maybe when cold and it bounces around randomly..

Water pump has been done a couple years ago and I do hear it turn on now whenever there's accessory power after this problem started.

Don't know if I should go after the water pump, IBS or the oil level sensor...

Any input is greatly appreciated!!


2009 335i Msport stock turbos. Mods: jb4/mhd Race flash , bms intake, vrsf charge pipe, Rb pcv valve, AA *****ss *********, muffler delete, Bms meth kit.
Best 1/4 mile is 12.3 @113mph with 93Oct and meth add at 55 on map3 .
Reply With Quote
(#2)
Old
Dave @ Fuel-it!'s Avatar
Dave @ Fuel-it! Dave @ Fuel-it! is online now
Minor Diety
 
Posts: 2,311
Join Date: Apr 2014
Car: E92 335XI
Default 05-13-2018, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90M335i
So fellas. I have a bit of a problem that's making me scratch my head..

The car was running beautifully for a while and out of the blue, one more I started getting the 2E7C and 2E8C codes. This did happen a while ago randomly but deleted the code and it never happened again..

Now I have those 2 codes and my oil level sensor seems to be freaking out as they're all on the same bit line. The oil gauges freaks out too and starts reading high towards 250F whilst the car is on around 160 maybe when cold and it bounces around randomly..

Water pump has been done a couple years ago and I do hear it turn on now whenever there's accessory power after this problem started.

Don't know if I should go after the water pump, IBS or the oil level sensor...

Any input is greatly appreciated!!
Sounds like the oil level sensor to me



http://www.fuel-it.biz/

e92 AT 335xi 2.0
Doc Race Kit 6062
Fuel-It!Platinum DIY PI Kit + Stage 2BL
Reply With Quote
(#3)
Old
E90 M335i E90 M335i is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 36
Join Date: Nov 2014
Car: 09 E90 335i Msport
Default 05-14-2018, 12:05 AM

Do you think it would be messing with the water pump making it turn on when the car is unlocked or any sort of accessory power is on?
Reply With Quote
(#4)
Old
Dave @ Fuel-it!'s Avatar
Dave @ Fuel-it! Dave @ Fuel-it! is online now
Minor Diety
 
Posts: 2,311
Join Date: Apr 2014
Car: E92 335XI
Default 05-14-2018, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90 M335i
Do you think it would be messing with the water pump making it turn on when the car is unlocked or any sort of accessory power is on?
Iím inclined to say no.



http://www.fuel-it.biz/

e92 AT 335xi 2.0
Doc Race Kit 6062
Fuel-It!Platinum DIY PI Kit + Stage 2BL
Reply With Quote
(#5)
Old
E90 M335i E90 M335i is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 36
Join Date: Nov 2014
Car: 09 E90 335i Msport
Default 05-14-2018, 07:39 PM

That's why i'm very confused to what it could be.. Water pump and the oil temp acting weird..
Reply With Quote
(#6)
Old
Dave @ Fuel-it!'s Avatar
Dave @ Fuel-it! Dave @ Fuel-it! is online now
Minor Diety
 
Posts: 2,311
Join Date: Apr 2014
Car: E92 335XI
Default 05-15-2018, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90 M335i
That's why i'm very confused to what it could be.. Water pump and the oil temp acting weird..
I'd address the oil sensor/temp first- easy fix.

The water pump/tstat- ive seen some guys with 120k on their original & some guys seem to be replacing one or the other yearly, kind of luck of the draw it seems w. that stuff.



http://www.fuel-it.biz/

e92 AT 335xi 2.0
Doc Race Kit 6062
Fuel-It!Platinum DIY PI Kit + Stage 2BL
Reply With Quote
(#7)
Old
E90M335i E90M335i is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 96
Join Date: May 2016
Car: E90 335i
Default 05-15-2018, 12:18 PM

That's true.. I'll start with oil sensor and report back.


2009 335i Msport stock turbos. Mods: jb4/mhd Race flash , bms intake, vrsf charge pipe, Rb pcv valve, AA *****ss *********, muffler delete, Bms meth kit.
Best 1/4 mile is 12.3 @113mph with 93Oct and meth add at 55 on map3 .
Reply With Quote
(#8)
Old
Dave @ Fuel-it!'s Avatar
Dave @ Fuel-it! Dave @ Fuel-it! is online now
Minor Diety
 
Posts: 2,311
Join Date: Apr 2014
Car: E92 335XI
Default 05-15-2018, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90M335i
That's true.. I'll start with oil sensor and report back.
Sounds good. In my personal experience (I have had some of the worst luck ever...ask around LOL)- whenever I have an issue w. my car, stuff tends to pop up in 2's or 3s



http://www.fuel-it.biz/

e92 AT 335xi 2.0
Doc Race Kit 6062
Fuel-It!Platinum DIY PI Kit + Stage 2BL
Reply With Quote
(#9)
Old
E90M335i E90M335i is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 96
Join Date: May 2016
Car: E90 335i
Default 05-15-2018, 09:10 PM

Hahaha. Well I just drove the car today a bit and all of a sudden I have a decent amount of codes lol but it sounds a lot more like a water pump (still no loud fan)
2E81 2E84 2E98 2E8B 2E8E

For some odd reason, the oil temp is showing normal now and the level is reading... *pulling my hair out*


2009 335i Msport stock turbos. Mods: jb4/mhd Race flash , bms intake, vrsf charge pipe, Rb pcv valve, AA *****ss *********, muffler delete, Bms meth kit.
Best 1/4 mile is 12.3 @113mph with 93Oct and meth add at 55 on map3 .
Reply With Quote
(#10)
Old
Dave @ Fuel-it!'s Avatar
Dave @ Fuel-it! Dave @ Fuel-it! is online now
Minor Diety
 
Posts: 2,311
Join Date: Apr 2014
Car: E92 335XI
Default 05-15-2018, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90M335i
Hahaha. Well I just drove the car today a bit and all of a sudden I have a decent amount of codes lol but it sounds a lot more like a water pump (still no loud fan)
2E81 2E84 2E98 2E8B 2E8E

For some odd reason, the oil temp is showing normal now and the level is reading... *pulling my hair out*
I know the feeling. I feel that at least 1/3 of my grey hair is N54 attributed, the other 2/3 is probably my GF (n54 hater) but that's for another day LOL



http://www.fuel-it.biz/

e92 AT 335xi 2.0
Doc Race Kit 6062
Fuel-It!Platinum DIY PI Kit + Stage 2BL
Reply With Quote
(#11)
Old
E90M335i E90M335i is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 96
Join Date: May 2016
Car: E90 335i
Default 05-15-2018, 09:55 PM

damn!


2009 335i Msport stock turbos. Mods: jb4/mhd Race flash , bms intake, vrsf charge pipe, Rb pcv valve, AA *****ss *********, muffler delete, Bms meth kit.
Best 1/4 mile is 12.3 @113mph with 93Oct and meth add at 55 on map3 .
Reply With Quote
(#12)
Old
Eme Eme is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 2
Join Date: Dec 2017
Car: 335i N54 sedan
Default 08-28-2018, 07:16 AM

hello guys.
I'm having a similar issue.... a cup of weeks ago ( maybe a month) my oil level shows "inactive" but temperature works fine, now when I unlocked the car I hear the water pump start working for 5-10 seconds and when I turn off the engine the water pump still working for about 1-1.5 minutes. the only codes can I see with my JB4 are 2E8B (IBS, Signal) and 2E7C ( Bit Seria Data interface, signal).
Any suggestions?...thanks in advance
Reply With Quote
(#13)
Old
Dave @ Fuel-it!'s Avatar
Dave @ Fuel-it! Dave @ Fuel-it! is online now
Minor Diety
 
Posts: 2,311
Join Date: Apr 2014
Car: E92 335XI
Default 08-28-2018, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eme
hello guys.
I'm having a similar issue.... a cup of weeks ago ( maybe a month) my oil level shows "inactive" but temperature works fine, now when I unlocked the car I hear the water pump start working for 5-10 seconds and when I turn off the engine the water pump still working for about 1-1.5 minutes. the only codes can I see with my JB4 are 2E8B (IBS, Signal) and 2E7C ( Bit Seria Data interface, signal).
Any suggestions?...thanks in advance
May need a new oil level sensor



http://www.fuel-it.biz/

e92 AT 335xi 2.0
Doc Race Kit 6062
Fuel-It!Platinum DIY PI Kit + Stage 2BL
Reply With Quote
(#14)
Old
E90 M335i E90 M335i is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 36
Join Date: Nov 2014
Car: 09 E90 335i Msport
Default 08-28-2018, 09:38 PM

Had the same problem. It was the water pump. My temps were fine and the car ran good but always had the water pump running everytime I unlocked the car or woke up the DME.
Reply With Quote
(#15)
Old
Eme Eme is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 2
Join Date: Dec 2017
Car: 335i N54 sedan
Default 09-15-2018, 01:00 PM

Ok guys here is my update.
I replaced the Oil Level Sensor (oem BMW), and I still having the same issue. The oil level still INACTIVE. And water pump keeps running a little be after turn off the car.
There’s any one else having this problem?
Is there any chance that could be a JB4 software update related?
My water pump has 40000 miles ( oem bmw)
After I did the software update ( I think was 32.8? Transmission gage doesn’t work ( I didn’t check the oil level but I know that was working right, then I saw in the forum they release the new update 32.9 to fix that issue, at that point I checked the oiŮ level and all the stuff and I found it was INACTIVE and when I turn the car off the pump still working for 20/30 seconds.
Reply With Quote
(#16)
Old
E90 M335i E90 M335i is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 36
Join Date: Nov 2014
Car: 09 E90 335i Msport
Default 09-16-2018, 07:49 AM

Just get a new water pump and thermostat and you'll be hood
Reply With Quote
(#17)
Old
Dave @ Fuel-it!'s Avatar
Dave @ Fuel-it! Dave @ Fuel-it! is online now
Minor Diety
 
Posts: 2,311
Join Date: Apr 2014
Car: E92 335XI
Default 09-16-2018, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eme
Ok guys here is my update.
I replaced the Oil Level Sensor (oem BMW), and I still having the same issue. The oil level still INACTIVE. And water pump keeps running a little be after turn off the car.
Thereís any one else having this problem?
Is there any chance that could be a JB4 software update related?
My water pump has 40000 miles ( oem bmw)
After I did the software update ( I think was 32.8? Transmission gage doesnít work ( I didnít check the oil level but I know that was working right, then I saw in the forum they release the new update 32.9 to fix that issue, at that point I checked the oiŮ level and all the stuff and I found it was INACTIVE and when I turn the car off the pump still working for 20/30 seconds.
Odd..

I always recommend updating firmware / reset everything to default to make sure nothing accidentally got switched or changed.

T stat water pump/ thatís up to you...



http://www.fuel-it.biz/

e92 AT 335xi 2.0
Doc Race Kit 6062
Fuel-It!Platinum DIY PI Kit + Stage 2BL
Reply With Quote
(#18)
Old
E90 M335i E90 M335i is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 36
Join Date: Nov 2014
Car: 09 E90 335i Msport
Default 09-16-2018, 02:11 PM

These codes are a huge pain.. mine was just like that.. one day its throwing the code and nothing works and out of the blue it's back to working normal for a few minutes. Mind you my water and oil temps were just fine.. no spikes no weird values.. as soon as I changed the water pump and thermostat it was back to normal.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Copyright © 2007 - 2018, N54tech.com