N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#551)
Old

Car: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupe
Default 11-25-2019, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowssm
I posted my slips in post 493. Terry said it was pulling timing and they are going to tweak maps. I have a 19 comp package btw
Great, that was my last car and it ran beautifully on map 6.

2020 BMW M5 Competition
(#552)
Old

Car: 16 BMW M4
Default 11-25-2019, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by limeypride
Great, that was my last car and it ran beautifully on map 6.
Thatís one for the maps you have to adjust yourself or can I just use that if I run race gas?
(#553)
Old

Default 11-25-2019, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Thatís one for the maps you have to adjust yourself or can I just use that if I run race gas?
It's the map you adjust yourself. It's the map I use daily and the map Flatline used for these runs... and will probably use in a different configuration for his daily. You can also save different configurations for different purposes/fuel.

Assuming you're on 93 oct, starting a map 6 at +3 flat is a conservative starting point. For reference, the other end of that scale is +7 with race gas but that's higher than I've ever taken it. Most map 6 setups that I've seen yield successful results start with lower boost at low RPMs, increase progressively but quickly, become consistent mid-range and then go lower again at high RPMs.

Experiment at your own risk.

2020 BMW M5 Competition
(#554)
Old

Default 11-25-2019, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by limeypride
It's the map you adjust yourself. It's the map I use daily and the map Flatline used for these runs... and will probably use in a different configuration for his daily. You can also save different configurations for different purposes/fuel.

Assuming you're on 93 oct, starting a map 6 at +3 flat is a conservative starting point. For reference, the other end of that scale is +7 with race gas but that's higher than I've ever taken it. Most map 6 setups that I've seen yield successful results start with lower boost at low RPMs, increase progressively but quickly, become consistent mid-range and then go lower again at high RPMs.

Experiment at your own risk.
Ya I donít wanna mess with adjusting. Iíll wait for the preset higher maps
(#555)
Old

Thumbs up 11-25-2019, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Ya I donít wanna mess with adjusting. Iíll wait for the preset higher maps
Fair enough.

2020 BMW M5 Competition
(#556)
Old

Default 11-25-2019, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatline
I was running 34psi Michelin PS4S: 275/30/21 Ė 295/30/21
I'm sure lowering it would help. I was getting a good amount of spin in first gear. I just didn't want to keep making more runs and risking my car any further. I know I could easily reach 9s with a little better DA, a tune tweak, taking out a seat or less gas, or even air pressure. It's just not worth it at some point. I was surprised I was 2.50 - 2.55 on all 4 runs even with all the spin in first gear. I did try one run with 1st gear boost reduction but it didn't help. I need to do a burnout first or get on a real track with some traction
Same tire type, different sizes and pressures. I'm running 295s and 285s on the stock 20s. My pressures are slightly higher than yours at 37 square.

2020 BMW M5 Competition
(#557)
Old

Car: 19 bmw m5 f90
Default 11-26-2019, 08:16 AM

tried to update the firmware last night, the Bluetooth app keep trying to reload it and it didn't work then i tried to upload older firmware still didn't work now cars battery is dead and jb4 is still not working if i unplug the jb4 will the car run right ????
(#558)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 11-26-2019, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfivef90
tried to update the firmware last night, the Bluetooth app keep trying to reload it and it didn't work then i tried to upload older firmware still didn't work now cars battery is dead and jb4 is still not working if i unplug the jb4 will the car run right ????
Yes, the car will be normal if you unplug the JB4 assuming you charged up the battery so it can start.

Make sure wifi is off when trying to do an update.

Also bringing the phone closer to the JB4 will help it.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#559)
Old

Default 11-26-2019, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Yes, the car will be normal if you unplug the JB4 assuming you charged up the battery so it can start.

Make sure wifi is off when trying to do an update.

Also bringing the phone closer to the JB4 will help it.
Payam, whats the highest default/non adjusting map I can use on my 19 comp pack with Race gas?
(#560)
Old

Car: 2013 550i m-sport
Default 11-26-2019, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatline
Just FYI that was map6 on MS109.

I did run a 10.15 on map2 with 97 octane but I have intake, exhaust, and **'s

10.3 - 10.5s are doable with as Limey said. So much depends on the DA and outside temp as well.
You have ********* but not real tune? No CEL?
(#561)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 11-27-2019, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Payam, whats the highest default/non adjusting map I can use on my 19 comp pack with Race gas?
If using unleaded racegas 100+ octane you can use maps 3,5,7.

I'd like to see some logs on map 3 first with the racegas before moving up to 5 and 7.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#562)
Old

Default 11-27-2019, 10:09 AM

Quote:
If using unleaded racegas 100+ octane you can use maps 3,5,7.

I'd like to see some logs on map 3 first with the racegas before moving up to 5 and 7.
I did try MS109 and posted in post number # 493 but Terry said it looks like it was pulling timing when I went to map 3. He asked me if the fuel was fresh and it was straight out of the 5 gallon jugs that was opened the same day I went to the drag strip. Does MS109 go bad if it is old but sealed in the jugs?

If I try straight 100 octane from the pump and add a whole can of torco would that be good enough to retry map 3 and higher?
(#563)
Old

Car: 2019 BMW M5
Default 11-30-2019, 09:15 AM

I just installed the JB4 and BMS intakes yesterday. Went out this morning to do some testing. Map 2. Ran a ****ing 10.27 @135!!!!!!

I attached the logs. Terry, please look at the second to last run. Should be 3 runs total. It felt like the engine lost power going into 6th gear. Here's a video of the run... you can kinda tell. It still says "Launch control active" and the RPM's drop a little after the shift. I lifted right after this. Also on the last launch, it felt like TC kicked in and cut the power. Can we confirm this from the logs? I've been having issues with TC cutting the power all the time. The second video is of that launch. It would be nice to confirm what is happening.

2019 BMW M5 JB4 10.27 1/4 Mile - YouTube

M5 Launch TC cut power. - YouTube

Also if you could let me know that everything looks good that would be great. It's not a comp pack. And the fuel, against your advisement, was probably E20-E30 with a lot of boostane.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-11-30 07_20_24_Map-2.csv (385.3 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by gpdriver177; 11-30-2019 at 01:11 PM..
(#564)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-30-2019, 02:45 PM

Logs look normal for map2.

On that run where it noses over going in to 6th I see that in the log too. The car lowers it's boost target. How fast were you going at that point? Could it be the speed limiter?

LC can be finicky. If you spin the tires at all on the launch it will bump out of launch mode and feel like a bog. Really annoying.

Burger Motorsports

(#565)
Old

Default 11-30-2019, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Logs look around right to me for map2!

On that run where it noses over going in to 6th I see that in the log too. The car lowers it's boost target. How fast were you going at that point? Could it be the speed limiter?

TC can be finicky. If you spin the tires at all on the launch it will bump out of launch mode and feel like a bog. Really annoying.
Thanks for the quick response. Happy to know everything looks good! I was at about 144 when that happened, what is the speed limiter? 155?

Is it normal for the throttle to not match the pedal? Also it looks like it was averaging just over 20 pounds of boost. Isn't 20 the factory limit? Meaning map 2 is pretty conservative. I plan on using map 1 and 2 for 99.999% of my driving. But if it's reasonable safe for a few runs, I may hit map 3 or 4 next weekend with some race gas just to see if 9s are possible.
(#566)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-30-2019, 03:05 PM

Speed limiter is around 155mph, or 168mph in cars with the M driver package like ours.

Throttle is used to regulate boost so won't always match the pedal input. Usually it sits around 75% when boost is on target. Our latest map2 has an intentional under target to improve response and bump timing a bit. So you'll see less throttle activity on map2 than say map3.

DME BT is the factory flash target so you can compare that with actual boost in your log. In this case you're making around 4psi more across the board.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#567)
Old

Default 11-30-2019, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Speed limiter is around 155mph, or 168mph in cars with the M driver package like ours.

Throttle is used to regulate boost so won't always match the pedal input. Usually it sits around 75% when boost is on target. Our latest map2 has an intentional under target to improve response and bump timing a bit. So you'll see less throttle activity on map2 than say map3.

DME BT is the factory flash target so you can compare that with actual boost in your log. In this case you're making around 4psi more across the board.
You say latest map 2, is that the newest version you released a week or 2 ago?
(#568)
Old

Default 12-02-2019, 09:43 AM

trying to update firmware on my iPhone but it keeps failing. Hard rebooted iPhone, uninstalled and reinstalled app and still failing? Any suggestions?
(#569)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 12-02-2019, 12:36 PM

Quote:
trying to update firmware on my iPhone but it keeps failing. Hard rebooted iPhone, uninstalled and reinstalled app and still failing? Any suggestions?
Turn Wifi off on the phone or device.

Have it close to the hood or JB4 BT device.

If the JB4 BT device is ziptied to the billet enclosure, that will have interference. Undo that and try again.

Burger Motorsports

(#570)
Old

Default 12-02-2019, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Turn Wifi off on the phone or device.

Have it close to the hood or JB4 BT device.

If the JB4 BT device is ziptied to the billet enclosure, that will have interference. Undo that and try again.
Got it to work finally. Turned off wifi, turned off all other Bluetooth devices other than jb4, opened hood, put phone next to jb4 enclosure under the hood. and it finally worked.
(#571)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 12-03-2019, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Got it to work finally. Turned off wifi, turned off all other Bluetooth devices other than jb4, opened hood, put phone next to jb4 enclosure under the hood. and it finally worked.
We're working on trying to figure out why it happens to some and not others.
Glad you got it done!

Burger Motorsports

(#572)
Old

Default 12-03-2019, 12:18 PM

I'm seeing massive boost spikes after coming off the throttle. Is this normal? Running map 1. One it 29.4 psi! ecu requested 23.20. Attached logs...
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-12-03 10_49_41_Map-1.csv (39.9 KB, 2 views)
File Type: csv 2019-12-02 15_37_59_Map-1.csv (4.0 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by gpdriver177; 12-03-2019 at 12:40 PM..
(#573)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 12-03-2019, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpdriver177
I'm seeing massive boost spikes after coming off the throttle. Is this normal? Running map 1. One it 29.4 psi! ecu requested 23.20. Attached logs...
Logs are looking pretty good to me. Boost spikes are normal during let off for a quick split second. I don't see any indication here in your two logs though.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#574)
Old

Default 12-03-2019, 01:41 PM

Can you check my logs please? This is a 19 comp package, 2nd gear pull, with 2.5 gallons of 100 octane from the pump when it says car has 0 miles left on the gas remaining. Let me know if these are good so I can try map 5, and 7 (gonna use 7 more gallons of 100 octane and a whole can of Torco) Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-12-03 11_56_31_Map-2.csv (12.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: csv 2019-12-03 12_09_02_Map-3.csv (8.9 KB, 3 views)
File Type: csv 2019-12-03 12_06_22_Map-3.csv (9.3 KB, 2 views)
(#575)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 12-03-2019, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Can you check my logs please? This is a 19 comp package, 2nd gear pull, with 2.5 gallons of 100 octane from the pump when it says car has 0 miles left on the gas remaining. Let me know if these are good so I can try map 5, and 7 (gonna use 7 more gallons of 100 octane and a whole can of Torco) Thanks!
Log is clean on map 3. See if you can get a bit longer pull in the higher gears.
Should be fine on map 5 as well.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports