N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: BMW M240
Default JB4 Logs and Failures. - 11-29-2019, 12:14 PM

Hello Team,

I have recently installed a brand new JB4, Burger Intake and ******** to my M240i 2017 B58 engine.

I have not noticed any improvement on the power and seems im lossing HP acordingly to the factory sport metrics.

Im not sure why this is really happening, I can only notice im loosing to much power on all 3 Mops. 1 2 and 3.

I have updated to the latest firmware but seems tha the issue persist.

Could you please check my logs attached to see if there is something else i need to configure on the JB4?

Your help is very much appreciated.

Omar C.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-11-29 00_19_49_Map-2.csv (20.4 KB, 7 views)
File Type: csv 2019-11-29 01_06_21_Map-1.csv (19.9 KB, 6 views)
File Type: csv 2019-11-29 01_11_40_Map-3.csv (8.1 KB, 4 views)
File Type: csv 2019-11-29 01_45_43_Map-1.csv (3.6 KB, 4 views)
(#2)
Old

Car: M240i
Default 11-29-2019, 11:15 PM

We need some additional info... What's fuel octane? Do you have fuel and/or EWG harnesses installed? Do you have OBD connection?

AFE Drop-in Filter
BMS Meth Kit (100% M1)
Muffler Delete
Boostane Additive (95-96 Octane)
BEF (Race_WMI)
JB4 (Map 7 - Add 65)
(#3)
Old

Default 11-30-2019, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBoe
We need some additional info... What's fuel octane? Do you have fuel and/or EWG harnesses installed? Do you have OBD connection?
Fuel is 82 octane and everithing is stock with exception of burger intake and dwnpipe.

I have a wireless kit connection.
(#4)
Old

Default 11-30-2019, 10:55 AM

I don't know of anywhere in the US that sells that low of octane (PON). Likewise, I don't know of any European countries selling that low (RON). Where are you located?

At 82 (PON or RON) I'd think you are far to low on Octane for the manufacturer required minimum. Thus, trying to raise boost isn't advised. Are you sure you're on 82?

AFE Drop-in Filter
BMS Meth Kit (100% M1)
Muffler Delete
BEF (Race_WMI)
JB4 (Map 7 - Add 65)
(#5)
Old

Default 11-30-2019, 12:56 PM

Quote:
I don't know of anywhere in the US that sells that low of octane (PON). Likewise, I don't know of any European countries selling that low (RON). Where are you located?

At 82 (PON or RON) I'd think you are far to low on Octane for the manufacturer required minimum. Thus, trying to raise boost isn't advised. Are you sure you're on 82?
I just rechecked, it is 93 octane im located in Queretaro, Mexico
(#6)
Old

Default 11-30-2019, 08:30 PM

Ok... Now answer the rest of the questions and we can proceed. The more we know about your setup, the better we can understand your settings and their affect on your vehicle.

AFE Drop-in Filter
BMS Meth Kit (100% M1)
Muffler Delete
BEF (Race_WMI)
JB4 (Map 7 - Add 65)
(#7)
Old

Default 12-01-2019, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Ok... Now answer the rest of the questions and we can proceed. The more we know about your setup, the better we can understand your settings and their affect on your vehicle.
Ok so, the only things i have modified in the car are the intake which I have replaced for a Billet BMS intake and
Also i have installed a Rev9 turbo ******* Dwnpipe.

This are the only modifications i have performed to the car, everything else is stock.

Not sure if im covering all information you require, if you need more info please let me know im happy to provide anything needed..
(#8)
Old

Default 12-03-2019, 08:27 AM

I just saw you asked if i have a fuel or ECW harnes installed sorry.... I dont have it installed it is only the JB4 with the Bluethoot wireless kit.

Any idea why my is misbehaving?
(#9)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-03-2019, 10:49 AM

Just noticed the thread.

I can see boost is higher than factory on map3, but it looks like octane is the issue. See how timing is low and there are many drops?

Given the fuel for now I'd leave it on map1, maybe the ECU will better adapt to get you a little better performance over map0.

Can you improve the fuel? Maybe a WMI kit is in your future?
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#10)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-03-2019, 10:49 AM

Yes the map1 log looks normal here, more boost than stock, timing is not great but OK. This should be quicker than stock when measured with a dragy or on a dyno.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#11)
Old

Default 12-03-2019, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Yes the map1 log looks normal here, more boost than stock, timing is not great but OK. This should be quicker than stock when measured with a dragy or on a dyno.
Yea, I do feel MAP1 to be the best fit for now.

MAP3 almost feels like map 1 but I still feel it lost in power.

Unfortunately, There is not another fuel with more Octane in MX

Would an Octane booster help? If so any brand recommended?
(#12)
Old

Default 12-03-2019, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eomacue
Yea, I do feel MAP1 to be the best fit for now.

MAP3 almost feels like map 1 but I still feel it lost in power.

Unfortunately, There is not another fuel with more Octane in MX

Would an Octane booster help? If so any brand recommended?
As Terry stated... Octane is an issue with our cars. Generally, most get stuck on MAP2 with Fuel Harness installed. Since you don't have that, MAP1 is your limit.

BEF can help a little as well, since it tunes fuel. I'm not sure if you can get past MAP2 with it, but even MAP1 will be more power with BEF installed.

AFE Drop-in Filter
BMS Meth Kit (100% M1)
Muffler Delete
BEF (Race_WMI)
JB4 (Map 7 - Add 65)
(#13)
Old

Default 12-04-2019, 10:00 AM

Thanks for the feedback team !

Just took it to Dyno yesterday and filled it with the best 93 Octane Gasoline i could find.

Attached the results:

Name:  Dyno.jpeg
Views: 18
Size:  158.1 KB

Peaks of 368 HP ... only 28 HP increase with JB4, intake and dwnpipe

I thought it could get more, but i guess is the Gas Quality.

I will look to increase octane with the Octanium and try again
(#14)
Old

Default 12-04-2019, 07:36 PM

A Dyno measures at the wheels. Stock numbers are at the crank. From what I've seen, our cars Dyno around 300hp stock. Thus, your gain is about 68hp.

AFE Drop-in Filter
BMS Meth Kit (100% M1)
Muffler Delete
BEF (Race_WMI)
JB4 (Map 7 - Add 65)