JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#451)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 11-29-2021, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brofessor90
Will the fuel management you described be another wire to add to the harness? Will it be a separate unit, about how much will it cost?

Also curious if i need to get a sprint booster or if the jb4 takes care of that.

Sorry for all the questions and thanks for making this pretty cool product
The wires should already be on the harness if you purchased the JB4 anytime in the past 2 years. We will be ready to release that option hopefully be the end of the year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comprised_of_haggis
Will the JB4 work on a 2022 Ghibli Modena Q4?
Yes, it's the same engine so it's compatible.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#452)
Old

Car: Maserati Ghibli
Default 12-04-2021, 12:41 PM

Thanks good to know i just got it and am going to install tomorrow, one more question tho, i went to download the app and its like $30. Is there a way to get it for free? i did buy the Bluetooth version. I’m assuming the pay for app is for people who want to use it with their own custom projects and not customers that just paid over $700 right?
(#453)
Old

Car: Maserati
Default 12-05-2021, 06:51 AM

Hey guy, since I installed the JB4 the Sport Exhaust Sound goes aways almost every time i drive the car and i have to be resetting the codes from the computer for it to comes back. Even if there is no code. How can i fix this ?
(#454)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-05-2021, 09:09 AM

I don't see how it would be related as we don't send any exhaust commands via CANbus. What fault code is appearing, exactly?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#455)
Old

Car: Maserati
Default 12-05-2021, 09:15 AM

No code at all. I just gotta connect it and clear code (even if there are not any) and then it works.
(#456)
Old

Default 12-05-2021, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscarmota
No code at all. I just gotta connect it and clear code (even if there are not any) and then it works.

I just went through this after installing mine, no codes but sport mode wouldnít open the exhaust, it turns out the rear map sensor plug (the hard to reach one) was backwards (clip faces back not front) after plugging it in correctly everything works perfectly again. Hope this helps
(#457)
Old

Default Looks good? - 12-08-2021, 09:49 AM

So Iím noticing a difference between boost and boost 2, mainly boost 2 seems to almost always have a positive value of at least .2 and sometimes as high as .8 even when ecu calls for 0 and when boost is 0 (itís in the higher end when at speed and slowing down, but usually .2 when stopped idling) itís my understanding boost 1 is a reading from the intake manifold and boost 2 is taking at the charge pipe and that these donít represent readings for each turbo individually is this correct?

Does this log look good? I can upload more if necessary. I just want to make sure everythingís good with the car before I start working on a custom map.

Have been loving the JB4, a little disappointed I had to also pay for the app (really it should say this on the product page for the jb4, maybe it does I couldnít find it) but it is what it is and overall Iím happy with the product.

Edit: itís a 2018 ghibli SQ4
Attached Files
File Type: csv P51_M2_R7_211207_1338.csv (321.2 KB, 75 views)

Last edited by Brofessor90; 12-08-2021 at 10:24 AM.. Reason: Add car specs
(#458)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-08-2021, 05:11 PM

PSI is pre-throttle, while PSI2 is manifold boost, so some variance is expected.

Burger Motorsports

(#459)
Old

Default Throttle drops drastically around 100 when getting in a good run - 12-12-2021, 06:07 PM

2018 ghibli sq4, 26k miles, new plugs & filters. Map 2

Throttle drops drastically as if somethings wrong but no cel not even flashing.

Uploaded the log file and also the graph for WOT but the site made me crop it so short just to upload

Also after looking over the actual file not graph it looks like the ecu thought pedal went to 0 which it most certainly was still fullly depressed
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: csv P51_M2_R2_211212_1302.csv (70.1 KB, 69 views)

Last edited by Brofessor90; 12-12-2021 at 06:13 PM.. Reason: Adding file again and add comment
(#460)
Old

Car: Maserati Ghibli SQ4
Exclamation Check engine light on first drive after install. - 02-02-2022, 03:36 PM

2014 SQ4

Check engine light came on during my first 5 minutes of having the tune installed.
Code:P0112 (intake air temp sensor 1 circuit low)
Clearing the Code now 9:45am 3FEB22

Firmware version: 51/2//5
Most recent firmware file previously downloaded is:JB4_P51_Ghibli_T2.hex
MAP 2: 93+

Little black wires are still tucked away (instructions don’t say where they go)

No codes found through the JB4 app
App guayule’s are working aside from the “Gear” gauge reads 0 the whole time

Car seems to be running fine but there is a check engine light.

Asking for theories and solutions please.

Last edited by alexander.travis1990; 02-03-2022 at 07:59 AM.. Reason: Update information
(#461)
Old

Car: Maserati Ghibli SQ4
Default Iíll check the code tomorrow - 02-02-2022, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
That code usually only comes up right when you first install the JB4, once you clear the code it should never come back up again
Thank you.. maybe this is my issue.
(#462)
Old

Default Are the logs accurate? - 02-04-2022, 10:40 AM

I’m wondering how accurate the logs are that are captured with the jb4. Iv had a few runs on map 2 that gave me 0-60 in 1.6 and 1.7. I went through the data and did the math and it’s calculating it correctly but I’m wondering if it’s at all accurate. Most 0-60 I get are in the 3-4 second range which is about what I expect.

It’s a 2018 Ghibli SQ4. Only mods are those k&N looking air filters and of course the jb4. Also I use Lucas octane boost with 91 pump gas, math works out to 94-95 octane. And to clarify again it’s map 2 the one that says 93+. Also if it matters it’s in sport mode with the traction turned off, launching with brake boost.

Run starts at
24.73 @ 0mph - 41.74 @ 60mph difference is 17.01 milliseconds or 1.701 seconds which shows its doing the calculation right but I’m wondering how accurate is the information that its “capturing”
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: csv P51_M2_R5_220108_1359.csv (55.4 KB, 55 views)

Last edited by Brofessor90; 02-04-2022 at 10:54 AM.. Reason: Spelling / more info
(#463)
Old

Car: Maserati Ghibli S
Default 02-22-2022, 07:54 PM

Are you guys still in need of new logs to work on more features? Have some on e30 some on 93 hard to differentiate since i didnt write it all down.
(#464)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-23-2022, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brofessor90
Iím wondering how accurate the logs are that are captured with the jb4.
0-60 data is based on OBDII so inherently not overly accurate for road speed. Better than a stop watch but not as accurate as high speed GPS like dragy, which can also measure slope. You can use it as a general tool but if you care about performance metrics grab a dragy off our site.

Logs appear normal to me.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#465)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-23-2022, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by athickjuicysteak
Are you guys still in need of new logs to work on more features? Have some on e30 some on 93 hard to differentiate since i didnt write it all down.
No logs needed unless you have a specific issue you need help with.

Burger Motorsports

(#466)
Old

Default 02-23-2022, 12:25 PM

Still working great. Occasional underboost code when it gets too rowdy but resets turning the car off. Just looking for more power. Will also be adding *race only test pipes* soon will the jb4 compensate automatically? I think this was answered somewhere else i cant find it.
(#467)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-23-2022, 01:38 PM

On the tuning end won't be an issue since the car uses wideband o2 sensors.

Burger Motorsports

(#468)
Old

Default 04-16-2022, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
The wires should already be on the harness if you purchased the JB4 anytime in the past 2 years. We will be ready to release that option hopefully be the end of the year.
Hows spark control development looking?
(#469)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-17-2022, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by athickjuicysteak
Hows spark control development looking?
That is already built in? Adjusting the factory table AFR targets is on our to-do list. We need to get a car in on the dyno to evaluate whether there are any power gains to be had there...

Burger Motorsports

(#470)
Old

Default 04-17-2022, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
That is already built in? Adjusting the factory table AFR targets is on our to-do list. We need to get a car in on the dyno to evaluate whether there are any power gains to be had there...
Im sorry, meant fuel management.
(#471)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-25-2022, 12:31 PM

Was able to spend a little time on the dyno with a 2015 Ghibli Base. Compared to the S we previously tested at ~350whp stock, the base made a respectable ~315whp stock.

We tested some various air/fuel ratios using the fuel control wires but didn't really find any power benefit. But where we did find huge gains was on attaching a BCM module to the car. The BCM allows the JB4 to control the high current pneumatic boost solenoid located at the top of the engine to increase turbine WGDC and push up boost. When combined with an E30 fuel mix the gains were very impressive!

We plan to add the optional BCM to our site in the coming weeks for those who want to purchase and help us further test. We expect the BCM will also be beneficial to S cars.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#472)
Old

Cool 04-25-2022, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Was able to spend a little time on the dyno with a 2015 Ghibli Base. Compared to the S we previously tested at ~350whp stock, the base made a respectable ~315whp stock.

We tested some various air/fuel ratios using the fuel control wires but didn't really find any power benefit. But where we did find huge gains was on attaching a BCM module to the car. The BCM allows the JB4 to control the high current pneumatic boost solenoid located at the top of the engine to increase turbine WGDC and push up boost. When combined with an E30 fuel mix the gains were very impressive!

We plan to add the optional BCM to our site in the coming weeks for those who want to purchase and help us further test. We expect the BCM will also be beneficial to S cars.

Awesome news! Would love to lend my s car for development if i was local to Cali. Thanks for the update.