JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#26)
Old

Car: 2022 Tundra
Default 03-14-2022, 03:53 PM

Terry,

Did you guys do anything to the traction control when on the dyno? I've had other cars on the rollers and we've always pulled a fuse or relay but not sure about this truck.

I want to do a before and after and just want to make sure I don't waste the shop's time while I'm there.
(#27)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-15-2022, 10:04 AM

Payam did the runs but other than push button disable I don't recall any issues.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#28)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 03-15-2022, 01:26 PM

No issues with getting it on the dyno and turning off traction control.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#29)
Old

Default 03-16-2022, 09:04 PM

Thank you! Were pulls started in a specific gear? Manual mode shifting?
(#30)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 03-18-2022, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiefromcali
Thank you! Were pulls started in a specific gear? Manual mode shifting?
5th gear, manual.

Burger Motorsports

(#31)
Old

Car: Land cruiser lc300
Default 03-23-2022, 03:56 AM

I think itís time to update maps 👍🏻
Attached Images

(#32)
Old
Bo.Turki

Car: 2022 TOYOTA LAND CRUISER 3.5 TT
Default 03-23-2022, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwihk
Hi just did some log on dyno
with stock, map1 ,map2, map5.
running on 98 fuel , complete stock car.

good increase on torque but nothing on HP...

map2 was disappointing. map1 had the best graph for sure.

sharing files~

hope we get some better number
Strang !!
I've got massive power gain on all maps !
what I found out that some car will show the power gain after 10-20KM odo riving, note that new ecu's will need some date feedback from the sensors to relearn.
In my personal car 2022 VXR it take around 10KM odo for adoption.
(#33)
Old
Bo.Turki

Car: 2022 TOYOTA LAND CRUISER 3.5 TT
Default 03-23-2022, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmk23
Is there any updates coming for the maps?
App got an update last night so check if any reflect on map's, If not it will be released soon and for the main time stick to map3 on pump gas with some octan booster or 10% methanol (blind with pump gas)
(#34)
Old

Default 03-24-2022, 05:15 AM

Where can I find the update
(#35)
Old

Car: LC300
Default 03-24-2022, 12:12 PM

is the tune completely identical for lc300 and tundra ?

because i have the tundra jb4 installed on my LC300...
(#36)
Old

Default 03-24-2022, 01:19 PM

It’s same
(#37)
Old

Default 03-26-2022, 10:29 PM

I dont see an update for the Android version of the app since 10/21/21. The only firmware available via the app is "JB4_P85_TOYOTA_1"
(#38)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-27-2022, 08:29 AM

Quote:
I dont see an update for the Android version of the app since 10/21/21. The only firmware available via the app is "JB4_P85_TOYOTA_1"
That is the current firmware for them.

Burger Motorsports

(#39)
Old

Default 03-27-2022, 08:31 AM

Thank you, Terry!
(#40)
Old

Default 03-27-2022, 10:26 PM

Question for you guys. Is the boost I'm seeing in the jb4 data logs the actual boost or what the truck thinks it's seeing?
(#41)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 03-28-2022, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Question for you guys. Is the boost I'm seeing in the jb4 data logs the actual boost or what the truck thinks it's seeing?
Boost and boost 2 is what the car is making. Ecu PSI is what the car thinks it's at.

Burger Motorsports

(#42)
Old

Default 03-28-2022, 03:48 PM

Thanks again for the prompt responses guys! Still learning and want to make sure I'm reading all this right
(#43)
Old

Car: 2022 Toyota Tundra
Default 05-05-2022, 09:56 AM

Have you guys been able to make any progress on incorporating some of these additional CANBus signals into the JB4 Tundra firmware? I was hoping to be able to put things like IAT and Trans Temp up on my gauges but they currently aren't captured by this firmware. Any thoughts?
(#44)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-14-2022, 05:24 PM

Keeping busy around here...

Burger Motorsports

(#45)
Old

Default 05-14-2022, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Keeping busy around here...

[youtube]oVB8s7IC0YQ[youtube]
That's awesome. Will this support Sport + as well?
(#46)
Old

Default 05-14-2022, 05:30 PM

Heck yeah! I'm liking what I see here!!!
(#47)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-15-2022, 07:27 AM

Quote:
That's awesome. Will this support Sport + as well?
I don't see why not, although our truck doesn't appear to have Sport+ mode as an option. If you have it drop me a JB4 log at idle with that mode selected, I'll see if we're reading it properly!

Burger Motorsports

(#48)
Old

Default 05-20-2022, 10:25 AM

Terry .. I downloaded and flashed the beta FW to my JB4. I note that some more gauges are functional (yay!) and that the option of the drive mode switching shows up. I normally have Map 1 selected right now, and I enabled Bit 0 in options to attempt to do the drive mode map switching. For some reason, all drive modes (ECO, Normal, Sport) stay at Map 0. I've tried various times to switch maps in both Normal and Sport, and the app never shows the map different than 0. When I switch off Option Bit 0, I can see that Map 1 is selected for all 3 drive modes. With this being Beta, I don't expect a near term fix and perhaps I'm doing something wrong, but if I can provide anything like a log or what not, please let me know! Perhaps the app isn't showing up correctly?
(#49)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-22-2022, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roboots21
Terry .. I downloaded and flashed the beta FW to my JB4. I note that some more gauges are functional (yay!) and that the option of the drive mode switching shows up. I normally have Map 1 selected right now, and I enabled Bit 0 in options to attempt to do the drive mode map switching. For some reason, all drive modes (ECO, Normal, Sport) stay at Map 0. I've tried various times to switch maps in both Normal and Sport, and the app never shows the map different than 0. When I switch off Option Bit 0, I can see that Map 1 is selected for all 3 drive modes. With this being Beta, I don't expect a near term fix and perhaps I'm doing something wrong, but if I can provide anything like a log or what not, please let me know! Perhaps the app isn't showing up correctly?
You're the one who emailed me about this same issue right? We'll see what sorts of problem reports come in. It's a new feature so always possible its buggy.

Burger Motorsports

(#50)
Old

Default 05-22-2022, 08:45 AM

Correct .. that was me.