N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: BMW 335i coupe
Default ******** and check engine light question - 02-10-2019, 06:15 AM

Hey guys,

Been looking around but can't find a proper answer anywhere, so now I'm asking in here.

I'm gonna have ******* down ***** installed on my 335 this week. I've got the pump backend flash on my car as well as the JB4. Will my check engine light come on, or does the backend flash clear that particular code for the cats?

If not... What's your best suggestion for me to not see the check engine light with ******* *********?

Thanks!
(#2)
Old

Default 02-10-2019, 06:17 AM

Haha what.... Why won't it allow me to write c a t l e s s d o w n p i p e s.. ��
(#3)
Old

Car: E60 535i
Default 02-10-2019, 08:03 AM

I was successful using TunerPro. This is a free app with a moderate learning curve to learn to toggle the codes in question. You've already loaded a BEF so you are half way there with your know how. You need:
-XDF files for your DME - links found in the sticky posts on this site and others
-bin file or BEF file for your DME - you've got this because you have done a BEF
-TunerPro - free download at TunerPro
-Flasher - MHD, bimmberboost, etc

search youtube - 'vishnu open flash tutorial 2' for easy, clear directions for the process. I found it easiest to edit the BEF for my current tune rather than editing the base bin file. It will be a bit confusing at first but the basics are this:
-open TunerPro
-within TunerPro, open the xdf file for your dme AND open the BEF for your tune - Yes, BOTH files are required to be open
-toggle options will then be available, make toggle edits, rename and save then load your new BEF and test drive

While I no longer have warning lights for no ca ts, the emissions status will never be ready. So if your state, county requires emissions testing, you will NOT pass with this set up.

N54
FBO
JB4
BEF-E85
E40
PCV-EXT
XHP

Last edited by dmckmc; 02-10-2019 at 08:15 AM..
(#4)
Old

Default 02-10-2019, 08:15 AM

Thank you buddy! I'll try it out!