N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1001)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-18-2017, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by christian8510
Hello from Germany.

Here in Germany we have Gasoline with 95,98 octane and Aral Ultimate 102 octane.
Do you think there is more HP possible in map 3 if i would drive with 93 octane ?
With the 102RON you should be OK on map5, even on a stock car. But log to evaluate and verify!

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1002)
Old

Car: 2016 BMW 340i
Default 11-19-2017, 02:55 PM

Ok, cool.

So, what would I be looking for in the logs? What are the key parameters to monitor? Is there any chance N54 exposes the software APIs so I can mine the data and set alarms or de-tune and save my motor? Thanks in advance!
(#1003)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-19-2017, 07:36 PM

Check the how to read log sticky as it has most of the basics: http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21269

The JB4 has relevant safety systems built in, and will change to stock boost map, if things get too sideways during a run.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1004)
Old

Car: E90 335i
Default 11-20-2017, 05:42 AM

Hi guys, can you please help me with a couple of questions:
1. Based on the first post: "Adjusted additive maps so they can be used without OBDII cable", this means that without the ODBII I get the full performance gain? no downside? I want to use the port with an application like Torque.
2. Can I disable the auto-clear error feature?
Thanks
Hermes
(#1005)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-20-2017, 04:39 PM

1) Although you can skip the OBDII cable performance is reduced without it, and you loose most of the logging function. You should log with the JB4 Mobile app.
2) That setting is blocked in the USA, passive delete, under WMI page.

Burger Motorsports

(#1006)
Old

Car: E90 335i
Default 11-20-2017, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
1) Although you can skip the OBDII cable performance is reduced without it, and you loose most of the logging function. You should log with the JB4 Mobile app.
2) That setting is blocked in the USA, passive delete, under WMI page.
Thanks Terry
(#1007)
Old
gordyhda

Car: 2008 535xi, Sport pkg, JB4, BMS DCI, 93 Octane
Default 2018 X3 M40i - 11-21-2017, 11:12 AM

Does the JB+ for B58 work on the 2018 X3 M40i?

2016 550i xdrive, 2018 X3 M40i, Collegeville, PA
(#1008)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-21-2017, 11:28 AM

Yes it's compatible with all B58 models.

Burger Motorsports

(#1009)
Old

Car: 340ix
Default 11-25-2017, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Yes it's compatible with all B58 models.
Will the jb4 be getting any significant updates soon hopefully, maybe more power
(#1010)
Old

Car: BMW 340i FBO WMI
Default 11-25-2017, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antec800
Will the jb4 be getting any significant updates soon hopefully, maybe more power
lol is this a fake question right?!? If not poor Terry 😂😂
(#1011)
Old

Car: 340ix
Default 11-25-2017, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I M inluv340
lol is this a fake question right?!? If not poor Terry 😂😂
Lmao serious question, I got a jb4 over the dinan for periodic updates
(#1012)
Old
Demigod

Car: '07 335i Sedan, Built & Blown '08 Mustang Bullitt
Default 11-25-2017, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antec800
What are your mods and fuel type? Are you maxing out your current setup?

There's no magic to making more power. The only way the JB4 could make more power, currently, is if we could run a lot more ethanol in the main fuel supply. Other than that, you need a bigger turbo and/or alcohol injection.

2017 F36 440i Gran Coupe | PS2 | MPPSK | Track Handling Package | JB4 | BMS Meth Kit (Dual CM5) | BMS Intake | BMW 513M Wheels | Dinan Shockware

SOLD: 2007 E90 335i | PS2's | JB4 | FBO | 160k+ miles on the car, 120k+ miles on the JB4

Log, log, then log some more...
(#1013)
Old

Car: M140i
Default 11-25-2017, 11:20 PM

With just a few simple bolt on and meth injection you will have over 450bhp and 540ish LB
(#1014)
Old

Car: 2011 135i N55 DCT
Default 12-03-2017, 08:36 AM

hello there.

I have a question, i havent drive my M240i for a log time and yesterday i start the car and everithing was working great, update the firmware and today i start the car and the neddle swap was gone, have something to do with firmware update or i deactive the mode and if i did, how can i active again ?

M240I
JB4
BMS intake
BMS meth kit
ER ******* ********.
having fun.
(#1015)
Old

Car: 2011 135i N55 DCT
Default 12-03-2017, 08:42 AM

sorry the sweep gauge funtion

Quote:
Originally Posted by frefer82
hello there.

I have a question, i havent drive my M240i for a log time and yesterday i start the car and everithing was working great, update the firmware and today i start the car and the neddle swap was gone, have something to do with firmware update or i deactive the mode and if i did, how can i active again ?

M240I
JB4
BMS intake
BMS meth kit
ER ******* ********.
having fun.
(#1016)
Old

Car: 340i
Default 12-28-2017, 02:24 PM

Just wondering what’s happening with map 5? Any updates coming? It’s been in “experimental” for a while now. Love the way it feels in town as it boost up quicker, probably the timing spoofing but it doesn’t translate well to the track. I tested map 5 at the track 3 times and it doesn’t break into the 11’s. In contrast map 3 will run .1-.2 tenths and 1-2 mph quicker all in the 11’s. I wonder if the spoofing is too much up top. I am using E30 (96 octane )

16' 340i RWD
JB4 Map 5, ER **, BMS Intake and E30
(#1017)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-28-2017, 03:45 PM

Development is always ongoing. If you want to help the cause post some logs from the track and we'll see how its running for you.

Burger Motorsports

(#1018)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-30-2017, 12:08 PM

Working on a new firmware tweak for the B58 and could use some help testing it out. Right now it's only active on maps 6 and 7. It changes how the JB4 spoofs the IAT signal to alter boost target, timing, and AFR targets.

To test it out load the T12 firmware in the first post, set FutureUseD bit#2 to 1 or on, set 6cyl timing to 1 (e.g. make IAT as high as possible), and evaluate/record a log or two for us to check out.

Burger Motorsports

(#1019)
Old

Default 12-30-2017, 06:42 PM

Once snow is gone here in northeast I’ll deff check this out and test.

2017 340i JB4/ BB TBi/ intake
(#1020)
Old

Car: BMW M240i
Default 01-02-2018, 03:18 AM

I would like to test it, have installed the EWG cable, I need for the fuel cable to inject more gasoline?
I just need to download the version on the first page and make these changes:
FutureUsed bit # 2 to 1
6cyl timing to 1
and then just go with my previous PSI settings on Map 6 multiple logs?
(#1021)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-02-2018, 10:35 AM

If you are using maps 6 or 7 then you can test the change. It does not apply to maps 1-5 currently.

Burger Motorsports

(#1022)
Old

Default 01-02-2018, 12:16 PM

ok will try it tonight / tomorrow and post the logs in the support. Do I need the Fuel Pressure Connector too or is it just the EWG cable? because without Fuel Pressure Connector I can not influence the injection rate.
(#1023)
Old
Demigod

Default 01-02-2018, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frefer82
hello there.

M240I
JB4
BMS intake
BMS meth kit
ER ******* ********.
having fun.
The gauge sweep doesn't always work on my car, either. Hasn't bothered me enough to worry about it.

2017 F36 440i Gran Coupe | PS2 | MPPSK | Track Handling Package | JB4 | BMS Meth Kit (Dual CM5) | BMS Intake | BMW 513M Wheels | Dinan Shockware

SOLD: 2007 E90 335i | PS2's | JB4 | FBO | 160k+ miles on the car, 120k+ miles on the JB4

(#1024)
Old
Demigod

Default 01-02-2018, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flom240
ok will try it tonight / tomorrow and post the logs in the support. Do I need the Fuel Pressure Connector too or is it just the EWG cable? because without Fuel Pressure Connector I can not influence the injection rate.
It shouldn't matter, but I'll let Terry confirm. The only purpose of this test firmware is to alter DME BT.

Having logs from cars with different configurations to test is actually better.

(#1025)
Old

Default 01-02-2018, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt1841
It shouldn't matter, but I'll let Terry confirm. The only purpose of this test firmware is to alter DME BT.

Having logs from cars with different configurations to test is actually better.
ok that would be great if you or terry could confirm it before i test it