N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1276)
Old

Car: E90 335i N54
Default 10-15-2015, 06:24 PM

Because the master cylinder of brakes is located on the right side in RHD, there is not space.
I will locate it on the left side necessarily.
The extension of EWG harness need 25 inches.
(#1277)
Old

Car: F80 M3
Default 10-19-2015, 06:11 AM

UK Dealer here....

The JB4 fits UK cars perfectly with no need to extend the EWG wires. Fitted 5+ our own car now with no problems.

Try routing the wiring differently.

Performance Centre - Large stocks of Burger Motorsport products with UK Nationwide fitting and dyno testing. http://www.theperformancecentre.co.uk/#!shop/c22lx
(#1278)
Old

Car: 2015 BMW M4
Default 10-24-2015, 07:54 AM

Has anybody come up with a good way to route the USB cable into the cabin on a 6MT M4?
(#1279)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-25-2015, 06:55 PM

It should route the same way as the AT. Poke out the grommet on the passenger side.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1280)
Old

Car: bmw m4
Default 10-26-2015, 02:16 PM

I am a little confused. If your using the jb4 with only regular fuel and no mods currently. Should you only use map 1 or can you use the other maps
(#1281)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-26-2015, 02:21 PM

With 91 octane map 3 is suggested, with 93 octane map 1 is suggested.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1282)
Old

Car: M4
Default JB4 Plugin - 10-26-2015, 10:44 PM

Hey,

is it necessary to plugin the OBD2 Connector?

Can i change the maps also with my laptop?
(#1283)
Old

Car: BMW M4 F82
Default 10-27-2015, 06:13 AM

So i made a few runs with my new Vbox. Car is stock, just JB4 and BMS Intake. 93 Fuel, 59F Temp

Whats the stock 100-200 kph time?
(#1284)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-27-2015, 08:02 AM

Do 60-130 that time so you get both 100-200kmh and 60-130mph.

Burger Motorsports

(#1285)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-27-2015, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes0310
Hey,

is it necessary to plugin the OBD2 Connector?

Can i change the maps also with my laptop?
OBDII is required for any Stage2 operation. Maps > map 1, logging, in dash controls, etc.

Burger Motorsports

(#1286)
Old

Default 11-03-2015, 01:27 PM

Hey Terry, I have a feature request, if possible.

Is there a way to log any of the knock protocols on the S55 using the JB4? Knock Count or similar would be awesome.

Also, when the JB4 Connect Kit is connected to the JB4, is it normal to loose all CANBus control from the steering wheel (I.e. Flap Control)?
(#1287)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-03-2015, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaryTheLabelGuy
Hey Terry, I have a feature request, if possible.

Is there a way to log any of the knock protocols on the S55 using the JB4? Knock Count or similar would be awesome.

Also, when the JB4 Connect Kit is connected to the JB4, is it normal to loose all CANBus control from the steering wheel (I.e. Flap Control)?
Yes that's an issue with the connect kit right now. It disables the BC button when connected. We'll work on it.

For knock you have cyl1 and cyl4 which you can use to infer timing pull. There are no "knock count" parameters. It's an adaptive timing system so will always learn up as much advance as it can up to its internal dynamic limiter.

Burger Motorsports

(#1288)
Old

Default 11-03-2015, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Yes that's an issue with the connect kit right now. It disables the BC button when connected. We'll work on it.

For knock you have cyl1 and cyl4 which you can use to infer timing pull. There are no "knock count" parameters. It's an adaptive timing system so will always learn up as much advance as it can up to its internal dynamic limiter.
I've noticed cyl 1 and 4 are sometimes pretty close in timing and sometimes way different. Is there a reason the other cylinders cannot be logged as well? When I pull them up in the log, they always show 0.

Also, maybe if those CANBus options can be manipulated from the JB4 app, that would be a good option instead of using the BC button. Flap control from the app would be awesome.
(#1289)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-03-2015, 07:25 PM

Quote:
I've noticed cyl 1 and 4 are sometimes pretty close in timing and sometimes way different. Is there a reason the other cylinders cannot be logged as well? When I pull them up in the log, they always show 0.

Also, maybe if those CANBus options can be manipulated from the JB4 app, that would be a good option instead of using the BC button. Flap control from the app would be awesome.
We can log cyl 1-6, but on the public firmware only 1 and 4 are active. The more channels logged the slower all channels go. OBDII can only spit out data so far. So we'll have to evaluate that and maybe put timing on a rolling log where 1 is always active and then it cycles through 2-6. We have a few things in the works for the S55 JB4 firmware right now.

Burger Motorsports

(#1290)
Old

Default 11-04-2015, 05:21 PM

Quote:
We can log cyl 1-6, but on the public firmware only 1 and 4 are active. The more channels logged the slower all channels go. OBDII can only spit out data so far. So we'll have to evaluate that and maybe put timing on a rolling log where 1 is always active and then it cycles through 2-6. We have a few things in the works for the S55 JB4 firmware right now.
That'd be cool! I know from past tuning experience on other platforms that there is a very limited amount of OBDII bandwidth.

Also, I'm running the newest OBDII firmware 1.53 and I'm getting weird CANBus disconnects while connected to the JB4 Connect Kit. For instance, the valves are set to open, and out of the blue they will revert back to stock operation. When I disconnect the JB4 app, the valves will open back up and everything is fine again. The app will also stop responding occasionally. A disconnect and reconnect fixes the issue.

Looking forward to what you have in store for the next firmware update. If you need some help beta testing anything, I'm all about it.
(#1291)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-05-2015, 10:03 AM

Interesting. Is it the REV2 or REV3 connect kit?

Burger Motorsports

(#1292)
Old

Default 11-05-2015, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Interesting. Is it the REV2 or REV3 connect kit?
Rev 2 kit.
(#1293)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-05-2015, 04:33 PM

OK will keep an eye out for bugs on that front.

Burger Motorsports

(#1294)
Old

Car: 335i e92
Default 11-05-2015, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malte@CFD
So i made a few runs with my new Vbox. Car is stock, just JB4 and BMS Intake. 93 Fuel, 59F Temp

Do you have a log for this run or maybe, what map was it?
(#1295)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 11-06-2015, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malte@CFD

Which Map? Here's my run again (PBox) @ 50F and 102 ROZ ARAL 102. No Mods, car is stock.

Like your run it was on a nearly even surface.
Attached Images

335i N55 DCT
(#1296)
Old

Default 11-06-2015, 07:29 AM

Terry,

Does the S55's DME have the ability to pull timing retard below 0? Surely the DME can pull timing into the negative by at least -10degs. Do you know how far below 0 it can retard timing? If so, would it be possible to log below "0"?

Last edited by CaryTheLabelGuy; 11-06-2015 at 07:41 AM..
(#1297)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-06-2015, 10:31 AM

Of course, it runs negative timing frequently. Like during shifts, DTC intervention, etc. It will drop timing 20 or 30 degrees to reduce torque on the fly. We cropped the negative timing in the JB4 interface as I don't see it useful for performance tuning. Timing is going to be positive under boost when not shifting.

Burger Motorsports

(#1298)
Old

Car: 09 135i
Default 11-06-2015, 10:46 AM

Is there somewhere I can see the defaults settings for map 7?
(#1299)
Old

Default 11-06-2015, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Of course, it runs negative timing frequently. Like during shifts, DTC intervention, etc. It will drop timing 20 or 30 degrees to reduce torque on the fly. We cropped the negative timing in the JB4 interface as I don't see it useful for performance tuning. Timing is going to be positive under boost when not shifting.
Is this something you might be willing to write into a future interface version? IMHO, being able to see the complete timing picture is very important.

Thanks Terry, I really appreciate the work you guys are doing on the S55.

Last edited by CaryTheLabelGuy; 11-06-2015 at 05:11 PM..
(#1300)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-06-2015, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Is this something you might be willing to write into a future interface version? IMHO, being able to see the complete timing picture is very important.

Thanks Terry, I really appreciate the work you guys are doing on the S55.
Sure if enough people want it we can add a toggle for it. Really useless information, though. Why do you think you need it?

Burger Motorsports