N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2007 BMW 335i 6MT
Default N54 really rough idle after ******** install - 09-09-2021, 05:46 PM

I've got a 2007 335i 6mt, prior to ******** install mods were BMS 7.5 RACE intercooler, BMS chargepipe with tial BOV and BMS vacuum adapter for 1/4 line, JB4, BMS dual cone intakes, BMS dual catch cans, Ngk 1 step colder plugs gapped to .022. Mods were installed together around 2 months ago, ran fine. Car does presently have a dinan stage 2 flash original owner had on it (havent gotten around to flashing over it with BEF, was worried about complications from dinan encription). Jb4 set to map 1.

This week I installed my VRSF ********* after discovering I pulled out my rear turbo inlet when installing my intakes, had to remove *** anyways. Fresh gaskets to mid ***** and turbos, vband clamps fully seated all the way around, not in way of wastegate.

After install upon starting up I realized I mixed up my front o2 sensors and car was running horribly, shaking in cabin, 2c24 lambda muddled pre *** code, 20 AFR, practically stalling out at idle.
I switched them back and no more codes (except ******* ********* detected) but car idles horribly, seemed to have gotten a bit better after first few drives but still pretty lumpy. Both front and rear o2 sensors in correct position. Also after install seems the battery is drained every morning, most likely not relevant but just in case.

So my question(s) is, given no codes except the ******* ******** detected codes, could this simply be the cars o2 sensor calibration and fuel trims all messed up from when the o2 sensors were mixed and the ECU needs time to adapt? Would resetting that through jb4 menu 1/7 reset that? And if not, will not having the ******* codes tuned out make the car run this way?

I've searched around on multiple forums for three days, nothing that has helped.

Any help, advice, guidance would be appreciated!! I am totally lost lol and it's getting to be rainy enough here that I probably shouldn't take my motorcycle to work any longer. Sorry for the long post!

Disclaimer: NOT in USA and not breaking any laws with my ********* where I am.