N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#701)
Old
Angel67's Avatar
Angel67 Angel67 is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 26
Join Date: Oct 2017
Car: 335xi
Default 08-24-2021, 03:00 PM

What about Bit 1 - disable WG adaptation? Leave off or enable?


E92 335xi
Reply With Quote
(#702)
Old
Hokie135 Hokie135 is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 3
Join Date: Aug 2021
Car: 2009 135i
Default 08-30-2021, 09:47 AM

Thanks Terry.

Here's my Map 2 log. The only thing to note is that now I am using the new T9 firmware. Let me know if you are seeing anything different based on your changes.



MODS

93 Octane, JB4 G5 w/ BEF, Pure Stage 2 Hi-Flows, 3.5 TMAP, 2" Inlets, 2" Outlets, DeePees, Walbro 535 LPFP, Bosch OEM Plugs, Eldor Coils, BMS DCI, BMS OCC.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P32_M2_R1_210829_131942.csv (44.0 KB, 40 views)
Reply With Quote
(#703)
Old
Stevae's Avatar
Stevae Stevae is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 41
Join Date: Sep 2020
Car: 2009 BMW 335i E92
Default 09-21-2021, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE BEAST
Ill have to check it out. I thought all settings in map 5, 2, etc were defined in map 6 settings and carried over.
Did you ever confirm this? Could you post a screen shot of your full user settings in the JB4? I'd just like to compare them to what I have mine set to. Thanks.


2009 E92 335i: M-Performance exhaust, VRSF ***less DP's & upgraded inlets/outlets, Upgraded Turbos Hexon RR600s, VRSF 7.5" FMIC, aluminum Charge Pipe; Forged aluminum Diverter Valves w upgraded Yellow Springs, Walbro 450 LPFP, Spec Stage 3+ clutch w SMFW, Custom welded RB external PVC w ported & polished heads from Motiv, 3.5 Bar TMAP, BMS dual OCC's, BMS cowl delete & DCI's, Index 12 Fuel injectors, M3 suspension, KW v3 coilovers. JB4 G5 &/or MHD custom tune by Jake from Motiv Motorsports.
Reply With Quote
(#704)
Old
THE BEAST THE BEAST is offline
Demigod
 
Posts: 1,629
Join Date: Apr 2016
Car: 2008 E93
Default 09-21-2021, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevae
Did you ever confirm this? Could you post a screen shot of your full user settings in the JB4? I'd just like to compare them to what I have mine set to. Thanks.
Went back to previous firmware.
I noticed oscillations that are not present in older firmware logs.
I would think I could tweak things and smooth them out a bit, but rather keep it simple.
Couple years ago I had updated firmware and my PI was a mess. Had to adjust some settings.
Same with beta now since PI got rescaled again.
That along with the oscillations made me revert and leave it alone.
Beta firmware still looks promising, I will try it again later on if any changes are made.
Reply With Quote
(#705)
Old
Angel67's Avatar
Angel67 Angel67 is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 26
Join Date: Oct 2017
Car: 335xi
Default 09-21-2021, 03:52 PM

I am still on older firmware, as you know. But I have now enabled bit 6 and I have been playing with the DB settings for a couple of weeks. My boost is now almost perfectly at target. I have also noticed that before I enabled Bit 6 I would get some studder occasionally at low rpms, say around 2500 at low throttle. That seems to be gone since I enabled Bit 6.


E92 335xi
Reply With Quote
(#706)
Old
THE BEAST THE BEAST is offline
Demigod
 
Posts: 1,629
Join Date: Apr 2016
Car: 2008 E93
Default 10-02-2021, 10:52 AM

Is anyone running Beta 32/16 without issues now ?
Just want to compare some notes.
I am trying it again this weekend as I am one of the people who actually asked Terry if he could make 2 user adjustable maps long ago.
Reply With Quote
(#707)
Old
temperamental's Avatar
temperamental temperamental is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 61
Join Date: Apr 2009
Car: 335i
Default 10-04-2021, 01:25 PM

@the beast
The T9 version is good so far. Exhaust is still louder then hex 32_15 but i am getting used to it. On map 6 i had to put in my own boost targets and FB & DBs. Dialing in PI is next on my list...currently i am just driving the car to get used to the firmware changes.


JB4 Flex Fuel //MMP Stage 3 turbos//Custom Exhaust/BMS DCI//FMIC/KW suspension//Fuel-it Pi & Fuel it stage 4/BMS OCC's and too much to mention
Reply With Quote
(#708)
Old
THE BEAST THE BEAST is offline
Demigod
 
Posts: 1,629
Join Date: Apr 2016
Car: 2008 E93
Default 10-04-2021, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by temperamental
@the beast
The T9 version is good so far. Exhaust is still louder then hex 32_15 but i am getting used to it. On map 6 i had to put in my own boost targets and FB & DBs. Dialing in PI is next on my list...currently i am just driving the car to get used to the firmware changes.
Have you compared logs before and after ?
The loud exhaust was due to wgdc going to ZERO when lifting throttle. Fixed in T9.
Reply With Quote
(#709)
Old
KClemente KClemente is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 12
Join Date: Nov 2019
Car: E90 335i
Default 10-04-2021, 10:57 PM

32/16 has been usable to me since T7, but there is still a bug with the spool up logic in where the WGDC will oscillate during highway cruise where 1-2 psi of boost is commonplace.

That 18-30% wgdc oscillation definitely isn't helping the poor wastegate arm
Attached Files
File Type: csv WGDC Oscillation.csv (44.7 KB, 19 views)
Reply With Quote
(#710)
Old
THE BEAST THE BEAST is offline
Demigod
 
Posts: 1,629
Join Date: Apr 2016
Car: 2008 E93
Default 10-05-2021, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KClemente
32/16 has been usable to me since T7, but there is still a bug with the spool up logic in where the WGDC will oscillate during highway cruise where 1-2 psi of boost is commonplace.

That 18-30% wgdc oscillation definitely isn't helping the poor wastegate arm
Have you noticed anything else besides that ?
What mods ?
Any PI ?
Reply With Quote
(#711)
Old
KClemente KClemente is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 12
Join Date: Nov 2019
Car: E90 335i
Default 10-06-2021, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE BEAST
Have you noticed anything else besides that ?
What mods ?
Any PI ?
17t's full ethanol, 70/30 methanol, dual pumps and a Helix.

I haven't noticed anything else lately. Just normal JB4 stuff like the occasional over-boost when it feels like it.
Reply With Quote
(#712)
Old
DCTiS DCTiS is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 10
Join Date: Jul 2021
Car: 2011 bmw 335is DCT
Default 10-12-2021, 05:02 AM

Hey Terry & Steve

Heres a map 2 on inaos_pump BEF 94oct, fuel stage 2 450pump, vtt f-rb lites, fbo, inlets, outlets, catt*d ***, 7.5 BMS race intercooler. N54 335is DCT xhp stage 3
Attached Files
File Type: csv P32_M2_R1_211012_0738.csv (13.6 KB, 12 views)
Reply With Quote
(#713)
Old
THE BEAST THE BEAST is offline
Demigod
 
Posts: 1,629
Join Date: Apr 2016
Car: 2008 E93
Default 10-12-2021, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTiS
Hey Terry & Steve

Heres a map 2 on inaos_pump BEF 94oct, fuel stage 2 450pump, vtt f-rb lites, fbo, inlets, outlets, catt*d ***, 7.5 BMS race intercooler. N54 335is DCT xhp stage 3
You need better fuel. Higher octane.
Reply With Quote
(#714)
Old
DCTiS DCTiS is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 10
Join Date: Jul 2021
Car: 2011 bmw 335is DCT
Default 10-13-2021, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE BEAST
You need better fuel. Higher octane.
thanks the Beast i have purchased the bms methonal kit with dual cm10s just have to install it in the coming weeks. would you have any further settings recommendations for the jb4 ? run map 1 or run map 5 to keep things on the safer side? wasnt sure if was safe to run map 5
Reply With Quote
(#715)
Old
THE BEAST THE BEAST is offline
Demigod
 
Posts: 1,629
Join Date: Apr 2016
Car: 2008 E93
Default 10-13-2021, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTiS
thanks the Beast i have purchased the bms methonal kit with dual cm10s just have to install it in the coming weeks. would you have any further settings recommendations for the jb4 ? run map 1 or run map 5 to keep things on the safer side? wasnt sure if was safe to run map 5
Once installed, post a log on low boost, and take it from there.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Copyright 2007 - 2020, N54tech.com