N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1426)
Old

Car: BMW 335I / VW 2.0T
Default 05-16-2021, 12:18 PM

It there any way to check if box is working at all? For those who have bought it used? Everything is connected properly and jb4 has the new chip 24k22. Logs show meth 0.
(#1427)
Old

Car: 2014 BMW X5 50i
Default Pi not working - 07-21-2021, 12:55 PM

Hello all! Iím just wondering if anyone else had any input on why my port injection wouldnít be working. I have the 24k22 chip, Iíve checked all the wiring, bms controller has power via the flashing green light, itís a manual with 2 step module. Running a doc Vu tune and full e85 vp. Iím currently talking via email with both doc Vu and burger. Iím just wondering what other issues people had with getting initial flow. Logs show 0 meth trace for the additional fuel injectors. Only running 18lbs of boost, tune is for 30. Any input would be appreciated! Iíve been working on this issue a few months now. Iíd be glad to post a log if I could figure out how to via this iPad
Attached Files
File Type: csv P32_M2_R2_210721_1514.csv (32.8 KB, 48 views)
(#1428)
Old

Car: 2014 BMW X5 50i
Default 07-21-2021, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwetish
It there any way to check if box is working at all? For those who have bought it used? Everything is connected properly and jb4 has the new chip 24k22. Logs show meth 0.
If you open the box there is a flashing green light that shows power. Let me know if you figure out the problem, Iím having the same issue
(#1429)
Old

Car: 135
Default 08-05-2021, 05:53 PM

Dear all,
For a setup VTT 2+ / Walbro 525 /PI / JB4+MHD what is the best fuel controller option ?
(#1430)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 08-06-2021, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curvo
Dear all,
For a setup VTT 2+ / Walbro 525 /PI / JB4+MHD what is the best fuel controller option ?
you'll want to run the BMS controller to integrate with the JB4.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#1431)
Old

Car: E92
Default Secondary fuel pump connection - 09-12-2021, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
If you do not have a 2STEP/NLS relay installed then make sure JB4 menu8 in dash is set to 0rpm. Otherwise the JB4 will assume a clutch wire is installed which will block the port injection from kicking on.

Directions for wiring up the new BMS JB4 Port Injection Controller:

Black connects to ground
Red connects to JB4 power on green connector
Yellow goes to the BMS data cable or Bluetooth dongle spot #9
White goes to JB4 DB25 harness spot #15 (where meth blue would normally go)
Purple goes in the JB4 small gray subconnector #21 as read from the female side
Orange wire is a +12v output for your second fuel pump OR WMI PUMP (if running meth port injection), it has a maximum output of around 2 amps so run it through a relay.

Note with the BMS JB4 PI Controller no programming is required on the controller itself.

Setup on the JB4 end:

1) For this to work the JB4 needs the latest 24k22 programming on the slave chip. Any G5 board shipped after 11/1/2015 will have this programming already. For older boards you can update it by adding the anti-lag chip on our upgrades page.
2) Ensure the JB4 has the latest firmware
3) Set fuel bias to 50 for all RPM spots. This indicates to run the JB4s default curve. From that point you can raise or lower the values by RPM to tell the JB4 to add more or less fuel based on the current tuning conditions. Note the JB4 also takes in to account gear, low fuel pressure, rate of boost gain, intake temperatures, and other factors to arrive at a final port injection output. The output value is displayed as fuel-enrich in JB4 logs.
4) Set "meth scaling" to 99. When port injection is flowing you should see a meth flow trace appear in JB4 logs that mirrors "fuel enrichment" (port injection dutycycle request). If the trace is stuck at 0 there is likely a wiring or setup issue.
5) Menu8 in dash must be set to 0, unless vehicle is manual transmission equipped with a NLS/2STEP relay.
Hi Terry,

I don't have a orange or thick yellow wire, but I do have a blue one. Is this where I can connect the secondary fuel pump?
(#1432)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-13-2021, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffwturbo
Hi Terry,

I don't have a orange or thick yellow wire, but I do have a blue one. Is this where I can connect the secondary fuel pump?
Sounds like you have an older PI controller, please post a picture of the controller and wires.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#1433)
Old

Default 09-14-2021, 05:30 AM

Link Sharing

Here is a pic of the module.
(#1434)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-14-2021, 11:07 AM

Please post the picture here...no links please.

(#1435)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 09-14-2021, 12:05 PM

The pi controller in the pic does have a yellow trigger wire....but the connections dont look right and the connection to the relay needs attention.

JB4 Flex Fuel //MMP Stage 3 turbos//Custom Exhaust/BMS DCI//FMIC/KW suspension//Fuel-it Pi & Fuel it stage 4/BMS OCC's and too much to mention

Last edited by temperamental; 09-14-2021 at 12:52 PM..
(#1436)
Old

Default 09-17-2021, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It!
Please post the picture here...no links please.
Disregard the relay
Attached Images

(#1437)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-20-2021, 06:30 PM

That looks to be an old PI controller that does not have the capability of triggering your secondary as I only see one yellow wire and there isn't an orange wire. As for the blue wire...I'm not sure...you might want to check with Terry on that. Maybe it was a very limited run with that blue wire and it is indeed a 12 volt trigger wire.

(#1438)
Old

Default 09-21-2021, 06:01 AM

Thanks for the info.

Terry, any info on this controller?
(#1439)
Old

Car: 08 E90 335i
Default 10-08-2021, 04:32 PM

Iím getting ready to install a PFS PI Kit along with a BMS PI controller. I have a PFS ďDouble ShotĒ stage 3 pump and the wire relay harness that came with it.. which is identical to the Precision Raceworks harness is for running a Hobbs switch. I would like to have the BMS PI controller trigger the secondary pump rather than using a Hobbs switch. Can anyone tell me if I can use the wiring relay harness I have to do this or what I need to do?

Thanks

08 E90 335i - MONTEGO BLUE - JB4/MHD E85 BEF
ECS CARBON DCI - NRW CARBON COWL FILTERS
MMP CHARGEPIPE - TIAL BOV - VTT DUAL OCC -
VRSF 7.5Ē RACE FMIC - VRSF DPís - VRSF INLETS -
VRSF OUTLETS - BMS PEDAL TUNER - 3.5 BAR TMAP -
NGK 97506 @.022 - PFS STAGE 3 LPFP - PFS V2 PI -
SPOOL PERFORMANCE ETHANOL ANALYZER
MISHIMOTO 25 ROW OIL COOLER - H&R SPRINGS
BMS SPORT OIL COOLER VALVE - NRW V1 PADDLES
MISHIMOTO 15 ROW TRANSMISSION COOLER
19Ē 666m WHEELS - HANKOOK VENTUS V12 EVO 2ís
(#1440)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-11-2021, 10:17 AM

No idea what their harness looks like but the JB4 will supply a 12 volt low amperage signal via the thick yellow or orange wire on the BMS PI controller when the PI kicks on.

(#1441)
Old

Car: 08 E90 335i
Default 10-11-2021, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It!
No idea what their harness looks like but the JB4 will supply a 12 volt low amperage signal via the thick yellow or orange wire on the BMS PI controller when the PI kicks on.
Thank you.

Iím currently on stock turbos and run the E85 BEF. Do I continue to use that after adding PI or should I run the Hybrid PI E85 BEF?

08 E90 335i - MONTEGO BLUE - JB4/MHD E85 BEF
ECS CARBON DCI - NRW CARBON COWL FILTERS
MMP CHARGEPIPE - TIAL BOV - VTT DUAL OCC -
VRSF 7.5Ē RACE FMIC - VRSF DPís - VRSF INLETS -
VRSF OUTLETS - BMS PEDAL TUNER - 3.5 BAR TMAP -
NGK 97506 @.022 - PFS STAGE 3 LPFP - PFS V2 PI -
SPOOL PERFORMANCE ETHANOL ANALYZER
MISHIMOTO 25 ROW OIL COOLER - H&R SPRINGS
BMS SPORT OIL COOLER VALVE - NRW V1 PADDLES
MISHIMOTO 15 ROW TRANSMISSION COOLER
19Ē 666m WHEELS - HANKOOK VENTUS V12 EVO 2ís