N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 135i
Default flash + meth map and meth modes - 09-22-2021, 06:28 PM

anyone have a current list of map modes and meth triggers? The stickies appear to be out of date I saw old posts and new edits on 4/4 and I'm not entirely sure if 4/4 retains all safety functions

background, considering custom flash + jb4 with meth. Currently using race bef with jb4/meth.

I believe the safest is 4/3 map 3 +adder with meth trigger 0 I think targets minimum of flash but adds adder on top, retains safeties

does 4/4 map 3 adder also retain safteties? I think the only differnece is flash vs jb4 boost targets?

How does meth trigger 4 play into this? it's not on the stickies but I know it was added at some point. I used 4/2 map 3 and meth trigger 4 last weekend and it worked well.

if I want to spray and log with MHD is that possible without disconnecting the jb4 harness?
(#2)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-23-2021, 07:09 AM

If you want to retain the meth safeties, you need to run the meth map. That is the safest option. You can always run a lower additive.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#3)
Old

Default 09-23-2021, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It!
If you want to retain the meth safeties, you need to run the meth map. That is the safest option. You can always run a lower additive.
are there any clear docs on what safties each of the 4 modes do, i.e, 4/2 vs 4/3?

meth trigger mode 4 ? not documented at all except for a couple old posts by terry
(#4)
Old

Default 09-23-2021, 07:27 AM

also I cant find what a stock map sensor adder 75 will translate to with a 3.5bar map sensor, to still target 20psi I think the adder needs to be MUCH lower