N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 135i
Default N54 AFR not going directly to 234,95 on bank Nį2 when releasing throttle - 10-26-2020, 03:07 PM

Hello,

I'm having some "issues" with my BMW 135i N54 from 2009 that i would like to resolve before i put my build engine in again.

The issue is that when i release the throttle completely after a pull or just regular driving the bank 1 afr goes straight away like it should to afr 234,95 but the bank2 almost never goes straight away to the 234 afr and sometimes it takes more then 2 second to finely reach the 234 afr .
my datazap link:

https://***********/u/michael111185

So i apparently always been having this issue when i look to my log's from 2018 when i did buy the car until now.

Things i already replaced that could cause this:
6#12 injectors,
coils plus spark plugs,
other second hand N54 engine (previous engine had a bearing failure on cylinder rod 1 after driving for a while at +270km/h) it came completely with engine wiring #7 and #9 injectors, HPFP, O2 sensors the bank 2 O2 sensor is even a new one.
So i basically replaced everything without resolving this issue except for the DME that is a MSD81 ECU.

would there be someone that had the same issue or could advise me if this is something to worry about especially for when i will put my build engine in again.
The car drives good and it doesn't really feel like it is misfiring but i always hear a little humming noise especially around 2000 rpm like there could be one of the 6 cylinders that isn't working 100% .
The second hand engine doesn't perform like my original engine but that could be a due to a older engine i guess.

Best regards MichaŽl.
(#2)
Old

Car: BMW 335I
Default 09-20-2021, 03:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael111185
Hello,

I'm having some "issues" with my BMW 135i N54 from 2009 that i would like to resolve before i put my build engine in again.

The issue is that when i release the throttle completely after a pull or just regular driving the bank 1 afr goes straight away like it should to afr 234,95 but the bank2 almost never goes straight away to the 234 afr and sometimes it takes more then 2 second to finely reach the 234 afr .
my datazap link:

https://***********/u/michael111185

So i apparently always been having this issue when i look to my log's from 2018 when i did buy the car until now.

Things i already replaced that could cause this:
6#12 injectors,
coils plus spark plugs,
other second hand N54 engine (previous engine had a bearing failure on cylinder rod 1 after driving for a while at +270km/h) it came completely with engine wiring #7 and #9 injectors, HPFP, O2 sensors the bank 2 O2 sensor is even a new one.
So i basically replaced everything without resolving this issue except for the DME that is a MSD81 ECU.

would there be someone that had the same issue or could advise me if this is something to worry about especially for when i will put my build engine in again.
The car drives good and it doesn't really feel like it is misfiring but i always hear a little humming noise especially around 2000 rpm like there could be one of the 6 cylinders that isn't working 100% .
The second hand engine doesn't perform like my original engine but that could be a due to a older engine i guess.

Best regards MichaŽl.
Just wondering if you managed to fix this issue?
(#3)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 09-26-2021, 02:17 AM

Hi,

No not realy do you have the same issue?
I had my #12 injectors tested recently and they where tested as good and didn't leak...

I was hopen for more responses on this platform but I guess nobody cares.

Best regards MichaŽl.
(#4)
Old

Car: BMW 335I
Default 10-06-2021, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael111185
Hi,

No not realy do you have the same issue?
I had my #12 injectors tested recently and they where tested as good and didn't leak...

I was hopen for more responses on this platform but I guess nobody cares.

Best regards MichaŽl.
Yes same issue here.

Apart from injectors, people reported turbos oil leak on O2s, vacuum leak in VC exhaust leak on ***, and most recently clogged cats causing this issue.
Food for thought!