Old

Car: Stinger
Default 05-09-2021, 02:52 PM

P2587 Turbo Boost Control Position Sensor Circuit B Range Performance
(#4252)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger GT2
Default 05-11-2021, 02:37 PM

I just installed my JB4 on my 2022 stinger and my duty bias is 0. Is this correct or should I change them to the default 50? I don't remember what it was on my 19.
(#4253)
Old

Car: G70
Default 3.3t Under hood (OBD2) diagnostic port - 05-12-2021, 10:14 AM

I've been curious about this port ever since I installed my intakes and came across it, and I've yet to find a post about anyone trying it over the cabin obd2 port. So I did some lookin, an apparently they make an OBD2 adapter for the 20 pin diagnostic port under the hood. (for those that didn't know, there is a diagnostic port under the hood for the service techs)
I ordered one off Amazon for under $20
Gonna give it a try and report back. If It works, this would be a way better alternative to running the wire through the firewall, and makes for a much quicker re&re at service time.
I considered just cutting the male plug off the jb4 harness and making my own pin connection, but for less than $20 it's a way cleaner application.

Here's the Amazon link if anyone is interested, lots available on eBay and aliexpress as well.

LITEMATIRA 20 Pin to 16 Pin OBD2 OBD II Diagnostic Adapter Cable Compatible with Kia, Female Diagnostic Tool Scanner Code Reader, 8 Scan Tools - Amazon Canada
(#4254)
Old

Car: 2019 STINGER GT2
Default 05-12-2021, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beam82
I've been curious about this port ever since I installed my intakes and came across it, and I've yet to find a post about anyone trying it over the cabin obd2 port. So I did some lookin, an apparently they make an OBD2 adapter for the 20 pin diagnostic port under the hood. (for those that didn't know, there is a diagnostic port under the hood for the service techs)
Gonna give it a try and report back. If It works, this would be a way better alternative to running the wire through the firewall, and makes for a much quicker re&re at service time.
I considered just cutting the male plug off the jb4 harness and making my own pin connection, but for less than $20 it's a way cleaner application.

Here's the Amazon link if anyone is interested, lots available on eBay and aliexpress as well.

LITEMATIRA 20 Pin to 16 Pin OBD2 OBD II Diagnostic Adapter Cable Compatible with Kia, Female Diagnostic Tool Scanner Code Reader, 8 Scan Tools - Amazon Canada
Well, I don't know what service requires you to remove the cable, but when I had my engine removed, all I had to do was disconnect from the JB4 and OBDII port, and zip tied the engine side of the cable as a bundle near the firewall.
(#4255)
Old

Default 05-12-2021, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUFFSTUFF
Well, I don't know what service requires you to remove the cable, but when I had my engine removed, all I had to do was disconnect from the JB4 and OBDII port, and zip tied the engine side of the cable as a bundle near the firewall.
I'm referring to a dealer service, and the whole point of this is to make the re&re easier, no routing the cable through the fire wall, everything stays under the hood.
(#4256)
Old

Car: Genesis G70 3.3T
Default 05-12-2021, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Over Everything
Howd the install go, Autobahn? I second Terrys input. I did the JB4 myself. Not too hard. The plugs I would definitely recommend taking to an independent shop. I found someone to do it for $185. Dealer wanted $400.
Yep - Did it myself. The only hassle was the passenger side Plugs. Everything else went just fine. Been running in Map 2 for a while. Going to send some logs soon.
(#4257)
Old

Default 05-12-2021, 03:27 PM

Quote:
I'm referring to a dealer service, and the whole point of this is to make the re&re easier, no routing the cable through the fire wall, everything stays under the hood.
A dealer service? Cool. A dealer pulled my engine.

I went straight through the body of the grommet and it was very easy.
Good luck in your endeavors.

(#4258)
Old

Default 05-12-2021, 09:49 PM

Quote:

Cool story bro
(#4259)
Old

Default 05-13-2021, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Cool story bro
Likewise.
(#4260)
Old

Car: Stinger 3.3
Default 05-13-2021, 06:46 AM

Hell guys! Sweden here calling!

Is there anyone that has tuned Map 6 succesfully? I have tried a lot of tweaks but it will dont be faster than Map 3 and 5. Also a bit laggier.

I have full bolt ons like:
- JB4 of course
- PNP wires
- EWG connectors
- HKS plugs, 0,6 mm gap
- 200 cells primarys cats with 2” DPs
- Right thruu exhaust system, just mufflers back
- Wagner big IC
- Bigger inlet charge pipe
- KN and big inlet pipes
- Running 98 RON with 30% E85

Questions:

- If I tune and change in "User adjustment" Map 6 like Bit and safety, does it affect Map 1-5?
- If I have EWG connectors in, the WG duty will not be steady. I have to disconnect with "Bin 5"
- Is there any way to have a more straight boost curve/by rpm or is it the turbos that going at its max make the decrease?
- Is there anyone that can E-tune for me?
- What do you think is the optimal AFR with Direct Fuel Inj? I run 13,1 (131) to 13,5 (135) beyond max torque (higher revs over 5000). Logs will tell from 12 to 12,8 in AFR

Would be fine if anyone has compared in a Dyno and also can printscreen to see numbers in Map 6.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Corleone1; 05-13-2021 at 06:53 AM..
(#4261)
Old

Car: 2019 AWDGT2
Default 05-13-2021, 10:07 AM

Hello Sweden!
There's no need to mess with Map6 unless you have Methanol. I'm not sure what your Map5 log looks like but I bet it doesn't look good. Please don't just plug numbers in there if you can't read a log. You can, and will hurt your plugs or worst the motor. You've asked a lot of good questions but again, making changes to EWG or AFR if you don't understand what they do will cause harm.
Stay away from Map6, post a log of Map1 or Map2 and lets look at where you're at before something gets hurt. From there we can built on that. Achieving an 11 sec car is easy in Map2 or Map3 if done right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corleone1

Is there anyone that has tuned Map 6 succesfully? I have tried a lot of tweaks but it will dont be faster than Map 3 and 5. Also a bit laggier.

- JB4 of course
- PNP wires
- EWG connectors
- HKS plugs, 0,6 mm gap
- 200 cells primarys cats with 2” DPs
- Wagner big IC
- KN and big inlet pipes

Questions:

- If I tune and change in "User adjustment" Map 6 like Bit and safety, does it affect Map 1-5?
- If I have EWG connectors in, the WG duty will not be steady. I have to disconnect with "Bin 5"
- Is there any way to have a more straight boost curve/by rpm or is it the turbos that going at its max make the decrease?
- What do you think is the optimal AFR with Direct Fuel Inj? I run 13,1 (131) to 13,5 (135) beyond max torque (higher revs over 5000). Logs will tell from 12 to 12,8 in AFR

Would be fine if anyone has compared in a Dyno and also can printscreen to see numbers in Map 6.

Thanks in advance!
(#4262)
Old

Default 05-13-2021, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWDGT2
Hello Sweden!
There's no need to mess with Map6 unless you have Methanol. I'm not sure what your Map5 log looks like but I bet it doesn't look good. Please don't just plug numbers in there if you can't read a log. You can, and will hurt your plugs or worst the motor. You've asked a lot of good questions but again, making changes to EWG or AFR if you don't understand what they do will cause harm.
Stay away from Map6, post a log of Map1 or Map2 and lets look at where you're at before something gets hurt. From there we can built on that. Achieving an 11 sec car is easy in Map2 or Map3 if done right.
Thanks for answer.

My logs looks fine in every aspect. I have tuned a lot but more stand alones with Porsche, GTRs and Audi. The Q I ask is more to know just about our cars as as it is good to hear others experienced out with this with same cars.

I have had good response and service from Mr. Terry Burger but asked here as it can be good to share things. We have all the same interest here I think...

Probably I have maxed out turbos in my level now and its also just about fuel limit.
(#4263)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger GT
Default 05-13-2021, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Yes good idea to have it just in case.
Hey Terry, Going to be Installing the EWG and Chip tomorrow. Anything I need to know or come back here after install to dial in and solve my issues?
(#4264)
Old

Car: 2019 AWDGT2
Default 05-13-2021, 12:14 PM

So what is the MON of that gas you use. RON 98 is not 98 oct, we need the R/M average
Any EWG setting you make will apply to all maps
AFR is set to 11.9 under load, don't lean it out to 12 or 13 unless you are running true race gas and or Methanol injection
You can tune EWG to flatten the boost curve, yes
Some of other things you wrote under Question were more like statements.
This might help you understand some of the EWG and AFR stuff for this platform JB4 Logging Parameters - N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion

Quote:

- JB4 of course
- PNP wires
- EWG connectors
- HKS plugs, 0,6 mm gap
- 200 cells primarys cats with 2 DPs
- Wagner big IC
- KN and big inlet pipes

Questions:

Thanks in advance!
(#4265)
Old

Default Log review - 05-13-2021, 05:58 PM

When y'all get a chance, could you take a look at the two logs. Appreciate it!!
Attached Files
File Type: csv 13 May 2021 dyno 2.csv (13.6 KB, 57 views)
File Type: csv 13 May 2021 dyno.csv (6.6 KB, 54 views)
(#4266)
Old

Default 05-16-2021, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWDGT2
So what is the MON of that gas you use. RON 98 is not 98 oct, we need the R/M average
Any EWG setting you make will apply to all maps
AFR is set to 11.9 under load, don't lean it out to 12 or 13 unless you are running true race gas and or Methanol injection
You can tune EWG to flatten the boost curve, yes
Some of other things you wrote under Question were more like statements.
This might help you understand some of the EWG and AFR stuff for this platform JB4 Logging Parameters - N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
Here in Sweden our 98 oktan is lovest 98 RON, it also has 5% etanol in it and just about now Sweden will change the 95 oktan RON to include 10% etanol. News is crazy about this and say that old cars will have their engines to crash.

So I mix our 98 oktan with 30% E85 (that probably has 104 oktan) and it will be 99,8 oktan.
Works well and is just about to keep HPFP stay at 10-11 with Map 5. Fuel enrichment will reach 80-100% at higher gears but i still have an AFR at 11,7-12,2. To overcome that I think WMI is next step. Also ignition stay with no drops.

I did som runs today 0-62 Mph and did make 4,0 seconds. I go to the strip at May 29 so we will see what that could be. What do you think is possible? Low 12?

Last edited by Corleone1; 05-16-2021 at 05:24 AM..
(#4267)
Old

Car: 2020 Kia Forte GT
Default 05-16-2021, 03:16 PM

Quote:

Exactly, I had my car in for service because the car freaked out having too much ethanol and running lean in its eyes too long without correcting the issue.

I told them I had a tune in the car. First service writer I got into it with. I went home and called the service manager. He understood, left the car with them. They found no issues, no codes or anything and by then the car had returned to running normally.

I left the data cable and eBay harness for the wide band o2 sensor in-place.

Stop being paranoid.

2020 Kia Forte GT
6 Speed Manual
JB4+Bluetooth Connect
Burger Motorsports Water Methanol (45/55 mix)
Whiteline Springs

13.77@103
Map 7, E30+WMI, Hoosier Drag Radials
E85 Station Locator (US Only)
(#4268)
Old

Car: 2020 Kia Forte GT
Default 05-16-2021, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Here in Sweden our 98 oktan is lovest 98 RON, it also has 5% etanol in it and just about now Sweden will change the 95 oktan RON to include 10% etanol. News is crazy about this and say that old cars will have their engines to crash.

So I mix our 98 oktan with 30% E85 (that probably has 104 oktan) and it will be 99,8 oktan.
Works well and is just about to keep HPFP stay at 10-11 with Map 5. Fuel enrichment will reach 80-100% at higher gears but i still have an AFR at 11,7-12,2. To overcome that I think WMI is next step. Also ignition stay with no drops.

I did som runs today 0-62 Mph and did make 4,0 seconds. I go to the strip at May 29 so we will see what that could be. What do you think is possible? Low 12?
I'd take the advice from AWD, he's number #2 on the Dragy Leaderboard. Sure some people don't have Dragy's and all that but he's running low 11's.

He should get it ova with and hit it with a 35hp shot.

2020 Kia Forte GT
6 Speed Manual
JB4+Bluetooth Connect
Burger Motorsports Water Methanol (45/55 mix)
Whiteline Springs

13.77@103
Map 7, E30+WMI, Hoosier Drag Radials
E85 Station Locator (US Only)
(#4269)
Old

Default 05-16-2021, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK-19-GT2
I just installed my JB4 on my 2022 stinger and my duty bias is 0. Is this correct or should I change them to the default 50? I don't remember what it was on my 19.
Can anyone confirm their duty bias in user settings and tell me if it should be 0 or 50? Thanks.
(#4270)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-16-2021, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha_Sting1
Hey Terry, Going to be Installing the EWG and Chip tomorrow. Anything I need to know or come back here after install to dial in and solve my issues?
I don't remember what the issue was but if you need addl support just email me.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4271)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-16-2021, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiletto
When y'all get a chance, could you take a look at the two logs. Appreciate it!!
Too short to see much. Would also need to know octane, mods, etc.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4272)
Old

Default 05-17-2021, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Too short to see much. Would also need to know octane, mods, etc.
Apologies Terry... Thought you saw my posting on Kia stinger.org.

Mods:
JB4 w/ fuel wires and EWG harness
Map 2
93 AKI octane
Denso 5347 plugs
Injen intakes
Ark secondary *****
Stillen *** back
JT merge pipe
GFB Mach 2 BPVs
VT big mouth scoops

As for the runs, I let the app start and stop the logging and the dyno operator let off once it hit fourth gear.

I have another session coming up, so I'll see if they can do a longer run.
(#4273)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-18-2021, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiletto
Apologies Terry... Thought you saw my posting on Kia stinger.org.

Mods:
JB4 w/ fuel wires and EWG harness
Map 2
93 AKI octane
Denso 5347 plugs
Injen intakes
Ark secondary *****
Stillen *** back
JT merge pipe
GFB Mach 2 BPVs
VT big mouth scoops

As for the runs, I let the app start and stop the logging and the dyno operator let off once it hit fourth gear.

I have another session coming up, so I'll see if they can do a longer run.
Would need all the info in one place or its not practical for us to keep track of.

Burger Motorsports

(#4274)
Old

Car: 2018 Kia Stinger GT1 AWD
Default 05-18-2021, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Looks good to me, thanks!
Hey Terry, got a v24_T1, map 5 log attached. Anything look problematic to you?

So far, so good on this firmware. I don't think it's gone into any sort of safety modes yet, though I'm still monitoring and logging. Since map 3 seemed OK, I thought I'd push it and see how map 5 did. Been driving around on that for a couple hundred miles at least, also seemingly without issue.

Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M5_R2_210515_1715.csv (248.4 KB, 61 views)
(#4275)
Old

Car: Stinger GT
Default 05-19-2021, 06:55 PM

Quote:

Any updates?