N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#4151)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-05-2021, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperjetta
I updated to v23 firmware and my ethanol sensor reading went to 0 afterwards. I was getting good reading before using firmware v15. Did I miss something in the release notes?
What spot on the harness is it plugged in to? You have to select the WMI page option to enable it.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4152)
Old

Car: 2018 Kia Stinger GT1 AWD
Default 04-05-2021, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
The AFR reading reports lean during shifts because fuel is momentarily cutoff by the ECU. So AFR goes to infinity.

If you were going to map0 at that moment you'd see target drop (and the map logging parameter change to 0). Doesn't appear to be the case in your photo. Next time you have a combined log that goes to map0 post it and I can scroll along to see what it happened.

Timing corrections give you insight in to how the boost profile is working for the octane and current conditions. In a simple format if they are higher than you want then you need less boost and/or higher octane. Of course ambient temperatures, bolt on mods, vehicle load, etc, all play a role as well.
I took the car out for a quick drive today and got a log where it dropped from map 2 to map 0. Last safety code is 2 again. This is on the latest stable firmware. I wanted to see if that would make a difference compared to the latest beta, but it at least didn't seem to change this particular issue.

I did one run from a stop without major issues, one other brief WOT period without major issues, and then another attempted run from a low speed. Something went wrong right around that 1st-2nd shift, both from a subjective and objective standpoint.

In this case, the map immediately dropped to 0, and boost cut out from then on. Logs should reflect that, and I saw it on the app realtime as well.

When this has happened before on map 3 (and beta FW), only sometimes would it exhibit this behavior. Most often, it would flip to map 0 after a run, and without cutting out boost as well. A couple times it acted like this log shows almost exactly. Either way, similar situation...seemed to only happen if there was a 1-2 shift, and the last safety code would be 2.

Hopefully this helps, or gets us going in an actionable direction? Let me know if I'm doing anything wrong or you need anything else. Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M2_R1_210405_1417.csv (423.4 KB, 59 views)
(#4153)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-05-2021, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdingus

Hopefully this helps, or gets us going in an actionable direction? Let me know if I'm doing anything wrong or you need anything else. Thanks!
I think the safety was just overly sensitive in this situation. You rolled in to the rev limiter so the ECU cut fuel longer than expected during a normal shift.

I just posted an v23_t7 update in the alpha channel you can load and log/test.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4154)
Old

Car: 2019 Hyundai Sonata 2.0t
Default 04-06-2021, 07:45 PM

When will your team
Have the new wire harnesses for the 2.5T’s? I have a Sonata N-Line that I want to use my JB4 on.

The sonata n-line, Kia K5 GT, new base stingers and g70s all have this same new power plant with different map and TMAP connectors. Fuel connection looks to be the same.
(#4155)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-06-2021, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnhp
When will your team
Have the new wire harnesses for the 2.5Tís? I have a Sonata N-Line that I want to use my JB4 on.

The sonata n-line, Kia K5 GT, new base stingers and g70s all have this same new power plant with different map and TMAP connectors. Fuel connection looks to be the same.
The 3.5T uses those connectors also. We have the correct male connector, and we have female connectors that are not ideal but workable. Now just need to track down a local 2.5T or 3.5T to confirm a few things before moving to production.

If anyone local to us has one and wants a free JB4 for letting us use the car for a couple hours email me terry@burgertuning.com.

Burger Motorsports

(#4156)
Old

Car: 2018 Kia Stinger GT1 AWD
Default 04-06-2021, 08:56 PM

Quote:
I think the safety was just overly sensitive in this situation. You rolled in to the rev limiter so the ECU cut fuel longer than expected during a normal shift.

I just posted an v23_t7 update in the alpha channel you can load and log/test.
Awesome, thanks so much! No issues so far after install, at least not like I was having. Side note, my app reports it's the T5 beta firmware, but I definitely installed T7.

First attached log is probably the most useful. Other two were from driving around for errands, a couple runs here and there.

Anything look concerning or out of the ordinary?
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M2_R1_210406_0052.csv (440.6 KB, 62 views)
File Type: csv P21_M2_R1_210406_1044.csv (449.1 KB, 62 views)
File Type: csv P21_M2_R1_210406_1052.csv (452.8 KB, 51 views)
(#4157)
Old

Default 04-07-2021, 11:55 AM

Where are you located? I’ll put it out.
(#4158)
Old

Default 04-07-2021, 12:06 PM

Cali. If I were out that way I’d def help out. I’ll hit the groups up and see if anybody them want to help out. I think one of the guys are out there but he’s a lap 3 guy. Lol.
(#4159)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-07-2021, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnhp
Where are you located? Iíll put it out.
CA. Have someone who can come out in a week or two it looks like. If anyone can come sooner email me.

Burger Motorsports

(#4160)
Old

Car: 2019 Stinger GT2
Default 04-07-2021, 06:49 PM

Hey Terry,

Looking to get a log check for a friends 2020 G70 3.3 on map 1 running PetroCan 94. These are the first logs after installing JB4, plugs, fuel wires, AEM drop ins and VT snorkels. Just want to make sure things look ok before we log map 2.

Thanks, Andy
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M1_R1_210406_144038.csv (34.3 KB, 66 views)
File Type: csv P21_M1_R1_210406_144124.csv (20.6 KB, 59 views)

2019 Stinger GT Limited,JB4,plugs,BMS intakes,Fuel wires,MBRP
(#4161)
Old

Car: 2018 Stinger GT AWD
Default 04-07-2021, 10:17 PM

Quote:
What spot on the harness is it plugged in to? You have to select the WMI page option to enable it.
I have it in spot 16 I believe. It was enabled and working prior to the update.
(#4162)
Old

Default 04-08-2021, 06:37 AM

That’s great news. I’ll ping folks. I really am curious as to what the JB4 will do on this 2.5T platform. I want to go get it dyno’d once I have it up. I modified the intake, switched the BOV to atmosphere, and modified my old exhaust I had which goes 3” from stock 2.5” with CP-E mid pipe w/high flow ***, CP-E Austentine ***-back exhaust.

I have some colder plugs already and running it on 93 octane.

Stock it’s listed as 290bhp on standard pump so I figure it’s 300bhp on the 93 and maybe with the slight mods I have right bow maybe just under 300whp.

So interested to see how much whp abs torque gained running various maps on just 93 octane for now.

This new engine is GDI/MPI and I think Hyundai was conservative with their numbers for HP/Tq.
(#4163)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger GT1 2019
Default 04-10-2021, 04:10 PM

I did a Map 3 Pull just on 93, curious to see how it runs without E30.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M3_R1_210410_1858.csv (22.8 KB, 65 views)
(#4164)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-10-2021, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperjetta
I have it in spot 16 I believe. It was enabled and working prior to the update.
Play around with the WMI page bit settings until you get it enabled/working.

Burger Motorsports

(#4165)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-10-2021, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldony
I did a Map 3 Pull just on 93, curious to see how it runs without E30.
Set FUA = 0 so its monitoring timing drops not raw timing. Seems OK though.

Burger Motorsports

(#4166)
Old

Default 04-11-2021, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Sure, I can do that, but it was working before the firmware update and I didn't change any settings. Is it possible that the pin mappings changed. Also, a clue that maybe there was is a switcheroo in the firmware... the methanol field in the JB4 log is showing a reading suspiciously similar to the readings I used to get in my E85 field. It was reading 9-10 on pump gas, then I tried adding a couple gallons of E85 to what I had in the tank (3/4 full) and the methanol reading jumped up to 18-19.
(#4167)
Old

Car: 2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Default New to JB4 and going to install today - 04-11-2021, 10:31 AM

I just received my JB4 tuner and I can't find anything that's not almost 3 years old for installing it. Can someone point me in the right direction here?
(#4168)
Old

Car: 2020 Kia Forte GT
Default 04-11-2021, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Simpson
I just received my JB4 tuner and I can't find anything that's not almost 3 years old for installing it. Can someone point me in the right direction here?
Has the Stinger changed that much over time, it says your driving a 2018? There are people installing them without issue in 2020 and 2021 models.

The directions in the pdf are updated regularly.
(#4169)
Old

Default 04-13-2021, 01:31 PM

Quote:
I got the gauge to show a reading again by disabled the DTML flex fuel input bit. Not sure what that bit does exactly. I'm going in to get dyno'd this Thursday though so any guidance on those settings in the new firmware would be much appreciated.
(#4170)
Old

Car: 2020 Hyundai Elantra Sport
Default 04-19-2021, 02:35 PM

So had some settings done for my Elantra Sport so I had better results with Map 3 and using an E30, but if I wanted to switch to just straight 91 and octane booster, would the AFR settings that I set work or would I need to get some new logs and change those settings?
(#4171)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger GT2
Default 04-19-2021, 02:53 PM

How is the compatibility between the JB4 and the ultimate performance dwnpipe and midpipes? Is it still over boosting or can we run them safely now without overboost issues?

Last edited by CK-19-GT2; 04-19-2021 at 03:01 PM..
(#4172)
Old

Default 04-19-2021, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by khancerto
So had some settings done for my Elantra Sport so I had better results with Map 3 and using an E30, but if I wanted to switch to just straight 91 and octane booster, would the AFR settings that I set work or would I need to get some new logs and change those settings?
Why on earth would you switch to octane booster? Get the water methanol system.

Yes you log any change you make like fuel quality.

As it stands right now I am within 9 whp of my E40 power numbers (236whp) on 45/55 mix Boost Additive 50 which is equivalent to Map 3 as it made 227whp more tweaking and turning the boost up maybe a pound will get me there.

No reason to use Octane Booster.

2020 Kia Forte GT
6 Speed Manual
JB4+Bluetooth Connect
Burger Motorsports Water Methanol (45/55 mix)
Whiteline Springs

13.77@103
Map 7, E30+WMI, Hoosier Drag Radials
E85 Station Locator (US Only)
(#4173)
Old

Default 04-19-2021, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK-19-GT2
How is the compatibility between the JB4 and the ultimate performance dwnpipe and midpipes? Is it still over boosting or can we run them safely now without overboost issues?
You can always reduce the boost it's not a problem. It works fine with bolt-ons.

2020 Kia Forte GT
6 Speed Manual
JB4+Bluetooth Connect
Whiteline Springs

13.77@103
(#4174)
Old

Car: 2019 STINGER GT2
Default 04-20-2021, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djfourmonie
No reason to use Octane Booster.

And even the best out there, for example Boostane, will wreck your plugs... in spite of their advertising.
(#4175)
Old

Default 04-20-2021, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUFFSTUFF
And even the best out there, for example Boostane, will wreck your plugs... in spite of their advertising.
I've used it, it won't "wreck" your plugs, it will turn them orange and that is the MMT residue.

If you use it lots, it will turn everything orange, the combustion chamber, the faces of the valves, all that.

But that is using it for basically years, constant use. Some people have done that, I believe Saab did some long term testing MMT as a octane booster and also pre-turbo water-methanol injection for production cars.

2020 Kia Forte GT
6 Speed Manual
JB4+Bluetooth Connect
Whiteline Springs

13.77@103