N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2011 BMW 335i M-Sport
Exclamation PLZ Help extremely Rough Idle on e92 N55 - 05-29-2019, 06:16 PM

I own a 2011 BMW 335i e92 6mt with N55 engine currently running Jb4 and MHD BEF. Recently i have come across a extremely rough idle and weird bogging and stuttering while driving i also noticed after a cold start my rpms dip hard and the car begins to run extremely rough i will link a video of this happening below. when attempting to drive my car after a cold start the car stalls extremely easy and im 99% positive it is not user error. after the car warms up the stalling issue goes away. I also get flashed in to JB4 map 4 for running to lean almost every pull. In occurrence to this i have replaced all spark plugs and coil packs. I walnut blasted, replaced my HPFP, replaced my upstream o2 sensor, cleaned all 3 MAF sensors, replaced my pcv valve, and just finished replacing my low pressure fuel pump with a walbro 450. I have a log of a 3rd gear pull from 2500rpm to 7000rpm and also have a video of my extremely gross cold start. I have gotten no codes what so ever. im very confused and im complete lost on what the issue is from. Ive replaced pretty much everything in my fuel system and the same problem is happening.
im desperate for some help and guidance.

Ugly cold start video:
ugly cold start - YouTube
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-05-13 17_55_23_Map-1.csv (12.3 KB, 33 views)

Last edited by Zackman218; 05-29-2019 at 06:23 PM..
(#2)
Old
Demigod

Car: N55 135i
Default 05-31-2019, 07:45 AM

OK, so it's been a while since I've looked at some logs so this may be a little off the mark - hopefully others will chime in / confirm.

Something looks off with the Hpfp - idle value should be ~5 and mid to low teens at WOT, unless you ask too much of the fuel system.

Log looks like it's struggling or true value is not being picked up correcty causing trims to max which may result in you running lean. Last JB4 safety of 2 means it recognised a lean state hence the move to map 4.

Increasing FOL would normally help the trims but I don't think this will do much given the Hpfp values.

Posting a full list of your mods and fuel may be useful.

UK 2011 - E82- 135i - N55 - DCT

JB4 | BMS OCC | N20 TMap | Fuel-It! PI | AIC6 PI Controller | Fuel-It! Fuel Lines | Fuel-It! Stage 2 LPFP | Continental In-line E Sensor | ER Charge Pipe | Pure Stage 2 Turbo | Pure High Flow Inlet | GFB DV+ | Richter C'less D/Pipe | Berk Race Full Exhaust | MFactory Pro Helical LSD (75% Bias Ratio) | eDiff Disabled Via Coding | MFactory Solid Diff Bushes | Diff Lockdown Bracket | Custom 98G0B BEF | NGK 5992s (0.020")

Last edited by keyap; 05-31-2019 at 08:40 AM..
(#3)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-31-2019, 08:37 AM

On the log I see FF should be raised or learn up to get boost up to target.

But on the idle issue, as a test you could disconnect the JB4 all together just to be 100% sure it's not tuning related.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4)
Old

Default 06-01-2019, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
On the log I see FF should be raised or learn up to get boost up to target.

But on the idle issue, as a test you could disconnect the JB4 all together just to be 100% sure it's not tuning related.
I had my idle set a 800rpm and i lowered back down to 600 and the ugly cold start issue has gone away, either way im still having rough idle and idle misfires but no codes. i got a p3106 code which jb4 says its ******* ** but i plugged code into pro-demand and it says its a injector 2 short circuit. I ordered 2 new EU5 injectors and will be replacing those soon. I have new HPFP, new upstream o2, new LPFP, new PCV valve, new sparks, new coils

List of current mods
walbro 450 bucketless lpfp
ARM intercooler
all ARM chargepipes
JB4
MHD BEF
VRSF ******* **
go fast bits diverter valve +
(#5)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-02-2019, 05:07 PM

Hopefully injectors sort it. Idle issues can turn in to a wild goose chase.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#6)
Old

Default 06-06-2019, 10:57 PM

Quote:
I've yet to replace the Injectors still trying to figure out other things I can do before I spend more money trying to fix this issue. I looked at my logs again and they just look super confusing. From what I can tell everything is perfect besides my hpfp readings and my trims maxing out. The high pressure fuel pump is brand new less then 100 miles on it and is hitting well below what it should be at. I'm starting to think it may be tune related cause these problems started happening a few days after flashing mhd bef for the first time. I also read that it might be a battery issue but that's hard to believe. Just wondering if u can give me any input on things I can try before buying injectors. I did clean all 6 injectors today and replace all 6 seals. Still getting a rough idle but havent tried any WOT pulls yet I will be doing that as soon as I replace my low pressure fuel pumps top hat since it cracked and is leaking when I installed walbro 450. Lmk if there's anything u might suggest I should try thank you!
(#7)
Old

Default 06-17-2019, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Finally fixed the fuel pump and car feels strong but is making some weirder noises during WOT when I go WOT it makes a blow off noise once or twice during the pull i figured it might be just newer sounds I'm hearing from the BMS intake I installed but still seems a bit odd. Also noticed at about 4500 rpm the car pulls harder then the the rest of the pull not sure if this is normal or not or something being weird maybe related to wastegate? I decided to flash back to stock and im only running JB4 currently with no mhd bef. Car feels much better then it use to but still have a weird idle misfire but I also do have a vaccum leak. During some testing I unplugged the charge pipe map sensor while car was running and this high pitched squeel came from the pcv valve on the valve cover I'm assuming it isn't working properly since I've attempted to fix it twice now. Didnt know if a small pcv valve would cause the weird issues I'm having I also thought maybe my wastegates could be acting weird and that's the weird blow off noise I'm hearing. Anyways here are some logs in map 1 only jb4. the only thing I'm seeing in logs is an oddly low hpfp number not really sure what that's all about since my hpfp is brand new.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-06-17 20_33_49_Map-1.csv (16.2 KB, 19 views)
File Type: csv 2019-06-17 20_29_04_Map-1.csv (24.6 KB, 25 views)