N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2010 335i coupe
Default PURE Stage 2 Prerequisites? - 01-02-2019, 04:50 PM

Well after only 79k miles my stock turbos are showing sings that they're about to sh** the bed. I'm visibly burning through a significant amount of oil (turbo seals) and I'm currently looking to upgrade to some PS2's to get rid of the stockers once and for all.

My car is currently MHD stage 2 and FBO minus a BOV and FMIC. If I pull the trigger on the PS2's, I plan on getting a VRSF 5" FMIC, 2" inlets, and outlets. I don't plan on shooting for any crazy power numbers, just something reliable and fun for now. I'll probably stick around 450whp.

Other than what I've mentioned, what else might I need to buy or do? I plan to install the turbos and additional parts myself this summer.
I also have an auto trans flashed with the Alpina flash and am approaching 80k miles, do I need to look into doing any trans maintenance to handle the higher power?
Thanks in advance for any advice and help!
(#2)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: E92 335XI
Default 01-02-2019, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cole92ton
Well after only 79k miles my stock turbos are showing sings that they're about to sh** the bed. I'm visibly burning through a significant amount of oil (turbo seals) and I'm currently looking to upgrade to some PS2's to get rid of the stockers once and for all.

My car is currently MHD stage 2 and FBO minus a BOV and FMIC. If I pull the trigger on the PS2's, I plan on getting a VRSF 5" FMIC, 2" inlets, and outlets. I don't plan on shooting for any crazy power numbers, just something reliable and fun for now. I'll probably stick around 450whp.

Other than what I've mentioned, what else might I need to buy or do? I plan to install the turbos and additional parts myself this summer.
I also have an auto trans flashed with the Alpina flash and am approaching 80k miles, do I need to look into doing any trans maintenance to handle the higher power?
I’d skip the 5 Inch VRSF, and run oue Phoenix racing fmic- it’s only a few bucks more and a far superior unit.

You’ll def want an upgraded CP if you don’t already..

We also offer inlets, if you wanted to run oem style- they work great- Outlets not mandatory, but if you wanted to run upgraded you could.

Based on power goals of 450- trans should be fine imo

http://www.fuel-it.biz/

e92 AT 335xi 2.0
Doc Race Kit 6062
Fuel-It!Platinum DIY PI Kit + Stage 2BL
(#3)
Old
Legend

Car: 335i E92 2009
Default 01-04-2019, 02:07 AM

Flash your auto with xhp stage 3 or 2 it's way much better than alpina.

09 E92 335i - Hot-Climate Middle East package, M Sports suspension, 19" Rims, 6AT fully built internals, bushings, raybestos clutches and sonnax with xHP stage 3, Differential lockdown, New RB Turbo CHRA, JB4 - Map 3 70 adder with N20 TMAP - MHD BMS Race Flash with Tuned Duty Bais and PID - BMS Oil Cooler Valve - RB PCV - K&N DCI - AFE Air Scoops - 98 Super Fuel - WAGNER FMIC - 3" down's, RB Inlets- BMS charge pipe With Tial BOV - BMS Meth Kit with FSB, 30/70 Water/Meth on CM12 nozzle
(#4)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 01-04-2019, 06:28 AM

I recently changed out my stock turbos for some RBs and I did some preventative maintenence while I was in there. When changing out the turbos, you will have to drop the subframe, so doing these items while you are there can save you money and time. If you haven't changed out these items, it would be wise to do so:

Water pump / thermostat
Oil filter housing gasket
Oil pan gasket
Valve cover gasket

2007 335i - MHD, VRSF 7" FMIC, PLM *****, Stage 2 Fuel-it!
(#5)
Old

Car: F80M3
Default 01-04-2019, 10:13 AM

Hi Cole92ton, let me know if you need any help with PS2 order

Z4 GT3 BodyKit | Pure Turbos | Fuel It | LiteSpeed Racing Wheels | GT250 APR Performance Wing | Studio RSR Rollbar | GTHAUS Meisterschaft turbo back | DinMann CF parts | RECARO CS Sportster | JB4 | CSF Cooling System | Full Custom interior | 2M AutoWerks | Viral vinyl werks | Toyo Tires | Ceramic Pro | Oneighty NYC | DOC Race | M3/M4 BBK | SSP Upgraded Clutches | Custom Coilovers with Hydraulift System By Status Gruppe |
(#6)
Old

Car: 2008 335i Vert (E93, N54)
Default 01-04-2019, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rnm
I recently changed out my stock turbos for some RBs and I did some preventative maintenence while I was in there. When changing out the turbos, you will have to drop the subframe, so doing these items while you are there can save you money and time. If you haven't changed out these items, it would be wise to do so:

Water pump / thermostat
Oil filter housing gasket
Oil pan gasket
Valve cover gasket

From recent experience - don't let oil visit the exterior of the front of your engine...

Seriously agree with the Oil pan gasket while sub-frame is dropped.
Valve cover and Oil filter housing gaskets should be replaced as soon as there is any leaking.

I've had a oiled front end for 9+ months.
Rotted out plastic, hoses and potentially affected the serpentine belt.
Side affects can get costly.

Also, when replacing Turbos, do some research. (I'm sure you have been)
Pure do have a good reputation from what I read.
RB also has some great options with high mileage reports, at a very fair cost.
Admittedly I'm not there yet myself... surprised my stockers are holding at 180,000km and 15 PSI for a while now.
Soon I'm sure...

----

2008 335i Convertible, E93, N54, A/T (190,000+ km)
Wheels: 322 | Tires: R.275/35r18, F.245/40r18
TUNE: JB4 Map 6 | RACE BEF | 94 Octane | @19 PSI
BMS JB4 | BMS WMI @ 60/40 (CM10) | BMS 5" FMIC | BMS OCC | BMS DCI | BMS Cowel Filters
xHP Stage 3 (v2.0)
VRSF CP | HKS BOV
RB PCV Valve
NGK 5992 Plugs @ .020

Maintenance:
2018 - A/T Replaced | Plugs | Ign Coils | Walnut Blasting
2019 - VCG | OFHG & O-rings | Alternator w/ Clutch Pulley | Water Pump & T Stat
(#7)
Old

Car: 2009 335i
Default 01-05-2019, 02:34 PM

I'd recommend getting the ecs tuning installation kit. It has ALL the hardware that you need while other companies include just enough.

MMP stage 3 turbos with inlets and outlets, FBO, e50 mix tuned by Ken
(#8)
Old

Car: 2008 E93
Default 01-14-2019, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cole92ton

Definitely skip the 5" fmic. The Phoenix race fmic is worth the money and hands down great performance. If the trans is holding, I wouldnt worry too much about it. Although Id definitely go xHP. I upgraded from alpina and vrsf 5" and went with the above mentioned so I speak from experience. I also run Pure Stg2 "DD" and these perform VERY well.