N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: UK 140i-M Sport Auto
Default First logs for my UK 2017 M140i - 04-02-2017, 04:56 AM

Can someone please have a look at the log files. These are the first runs after installing the Jb4 a couple of day ago, whats causing the throttle closure or is this normal, is the timing dropping also. Fuel is Shell V Power.

Spec: Jb4 & Intake only, Down-pipe going on next week

Thanks in advance.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2017-04-01 09_33_22.csv (13.9 KB, 48 views)
File Type: csv 2017-04-01 09_33_56.csv (10.7 KB, 56 views)
File Type: csv 2017-04-01 09_39_38.csv (11.2 KB, 41 views)
(#2)
Old
OEM+

Car: '16 340i
Default 04-02-2017, 05:08 PM

Interesting. I've got same mods as you. I suggest you post these in the throttle closure thread as well..

Also first log doesn't look like you went full throttle

'16 BSM 340i M Sport + Track Pack.:.M Perf Exhaust.:.Polished BBS RS-GT.:.JB4.:.BMS Intake
(#3)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-02-2017, 08:13 PM

These logs are normal. When you install the ** you may start to get aggressive throttle closure.. Note, the throttle blade moving a little is not closure. If it stays at 60% almost the entire run then you have a problem. And to resolve that you just add in the EWG connector and special firmware.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4)
Old
OEM+

Car: '16 340i
Default 04-03-2017, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
These logs are normal. When you install the ** you may start to get aggressive throttle closure.. Note, the throttle blade moving a little is not closure. If it stays at 60% almost the entire run then you have a problem. And to resolve that you just add in the EWG connector and special firmware.
So sounds we've got the throttle closure solved now?

I haven't had it yet but I'll have ******** soon

'16 BSM 340i M Sport + Track Pack.:.M Perf Exhaust.:.Polished BBS RS-GT.:.JB4.:.BMS Intake
(#5)
Old

Default 04-03-2017, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Thanks for all the replies, I was a little hesitant on all the runs as the car just didn't feel right, cant put my finger on it, maybe because its my new baby & didn't want to hurt her . Terry, I have the EWG on order and will install as soon as I get it, where do I get the special firmware from, will I be able to run the Meth injection with this firmware also. Will I get the slight throttle blip running Map1 & the ********* or only when I run Map2 or Meth Map ?.
Also when you ship out the new Jb4 does it come with the flat OBDII connector cable or the round cable. Being a right-hand drive a longer cable would have helped a lot on the install.
Sorry about all the questions.

Last edited by BazBar; 04-03-2017 at 08:47 AM..
(#6)
Old

Default Special Firmware - 04-04-2017, 02:51 AM

Where do I get this special Firmware Terry is talking about ?
(#7)
Old

Default 04-06-2017, 01:41 AM

I presume from all the reply's to my last post its not worth fitting the down ***** yet until some new firmware is available ?. Last thing i want is a car not as good as it is now .
(#8)
Old

Car: 135i e82 n54
Default 04-06-2017, 08:01 AM

I am also waiting for the firmware to be released and see some results without Throttle closures before getting a ********.

Interested to see how you get on with meth though that is definitely in the plans.

I almost bought your old 135i a few years ago didn't know when I looked at it until after I had bought mine and saw it on youtube as the same as one I test drove.

Current: M140i
Previous: N54 - Forge BOV - Forge Chargepipe - Airtec Intercooler - DCI - VRSF - JB4 - LCA
(#9)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-06-2017, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BazBar
Where do I get this special Firmware Terry is talking about ?
Once you have the EWG connector just email in as we've not published B58 EWG control firmware yet.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.