N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#301)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-26-2015, 03:08 PM

It's only going to turn on if boost goes high enough to enable it.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#302)
Old

Car: 2010 135i
Default 03-26-2015, 03:42 PM

If you don't want it to turn on at all, even in boost, map B should be blank all the way across the board.

10'135i Alpine White M-Sport M/T 827HP 707TQ@32lbs
Motiv 900 - Tial BOV/Wastegate - Big Tom Intercooler - FuelIt! Stage 3+ - MHD Custom Flash - Haltech PS1000 - Motiv Port Injection/Twin Disc - BMS OCC - Kosei - 275/40/17 NT05R's
10'135i Black A/T - 580WHP 540WTQ (11.51@134MPH 2.1 60')
(#303)
Old

Car: 2007 E92 MOTIV 750
Default 03-26-2015, 04:01 PM

You could also put a switch on the negative wire that's hooked to the chassis, then you can manually turn off the negative. No negative, no power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacpro91
Don't know if this has been answered yet (I didn't see it), but is there a way to disable the port injection? Like if I put a toggle switch on the power line going to the injectors, would that suffice? Could I just make an AIC map with zero'd out pressure and load that when I don't want port injection? I ask because I'm not sure how my LPFP will take this right now and if it doesn't like it, I want to disable it until I get my Stage 3. Also would running this with a 50/50 E85/93 mix hurt anything?

MOTIV750 / MHD+JB4 / ADV / SB REAR O2
(#304)
Old

Default 03-26-2015, 05:41 PM

Map A will be the only map that'll have any changes made to it. Map B is left blank, at least so far. Basically leave the SS in map A if you want it active and adding fuel. The two maps on the first page don't effect Map B. One of for the N20 Map sensor and the other is for Stock map sensor.

Motiv 900 - Tial BOV/Wastegate - Big Tom Intercooler - FuelIt! Stage 3+ - MHD Custom Flash - Haltech PS1000 - Motiv Port Injection/Twin Disc - BMS OCC - Kosei - 275/40/17 NT05R's
(#305)
Old
Legend

Car: 2008 135i
Default 03-26-2015, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blisstik
You could also put a switch on the negative wire that's hooked to the chassis, then you can manually turn off the negative. No negative, no power.
I may end up doing this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amgturbo2012
Map A will be the only map that'll have any changes made to it. Map B is left blank, at least so far. Basically leave the SS in map A if you want it active and adding fuel. The two maps on the first page don't effect Map B. One of for the N20 Map sensor and the other is for Stock map sensor.
Maybe I don't see the info somewhere, but how do you switch maps on the AIC? Over the serial cable?

Edit: It looks like the AIC only uses map B for a different firing pattern with more injectors/strokes so you can't switch to that map, unless I'm understanding something wrong. If this ends up being a problem I might just look at the serial protocol for the AIC and add a fuel map editor to the apps.

2008 135i 4L80E Swap - 807 WHP
VM 6466 Single Turbo Kit | JB4 | BMS Flash via MHD | Fuel-It Stage 3 | BMS Port Injection | E85

For all JB4 Mobile/Connect Kit requests, email me at: support@jb4connectkit.com

For JB4 Mobile feedback (bug reports, minor annoyances, etc.), email me at: feedback@jb4connectkit.com

Last edited by Dmac @ BMS/DMD; 03-26-2015 at 10:28 PM..
(#306)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-27-2015, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amgturbo2012
If you don't want it to turn on at all, even in boost, map B should be blank all the way across the board.
The AIC we provide completely ignores map B.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#307)
Old

Car: 2007 E92 MOTIV 750
Default 03-27-2015, 05:35 PM

Hi Terry,

Are there any updates to the PI maps? It would be helpful if you could put a date next to it or version number of some sort.

MOTIV750 / MHD+JB4 / ADV / SB REAR O2
(#308)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-27-2015, 06:19 PM

Yes good idea. Last time I updated them I made a post here.

Burger Motorsports

(#309)
Old
Legend

Car: 2008 135i
Default 03-28-2015, 01:18 PM

As for the backend flash, do you suggest lowering the Fuel Scalar and altering the AFRs? Saw that you said you use slightly leaner AFRs, but how much is "slightly"?

2008 135i 4L80E Swap - 807 WHP
VM 6466 Single Turbo Kit | JB4 | BMS Flash via MHD | Fuel-It Stage 3 | BMS Port Injection | E85

For all JB4 Mobile/Connect Kit requests, email me at: support@jb4connectkit.com

For JB4 Mobile feedback (bug reports, minor annoyances, etc.), email me at: feedback@jb4connectkit.com

Last edited by Dmac @ BMS/DMD; 03-28-2015 at 01:43 PM..
(#310)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 03-30-2015, 08:44 AM

Hi Terry.
i think,it is wrong..where is boost signal connector?
Attached Images

(#311)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-30-2015, 08:46 AM

That is an original AIC4. IF you have that model the boost reference connects to the diverter valves. Also you must copy fuel map A to fuel map B.

Burger Motorsports

(#312)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-30-2015, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacpro91
As for the backend flash, do you suggest lowering the Fuel Scalar and altering the AFRs? Saw that you said you use slightly leaner AFRs, but how much is "slightly"?
I have a 100% E85 MHD back end flash file. It might be what I already sent you? I'll be adding the 100% E85 flash files to the first post shortly.

Burger Motorsports

(#313)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 03-30-2015, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
That is an original AIC4. IF you have that model the boost reference connects to the diverter valves. Also you must copy fuel map A to fuel map B.
should i the pipe to intake manifold install? can i 36psi ?
(#314)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-30-2015, 10:09 AM

No the AIC4 only reads up to 26.5psi give or take. But this is suitable for up to 30psi actual boost. I ran it for awhile with great results. Just be aware the maps are a bit different than what is posted. If that was the used one I sold then it already has maps loaded. Leave those on there to start.

ps. Checked the email and it was you. I'll forward your invoice back over to you to refresh your memory.

Burger Motorsports

(#315)
Old

Car: 2009 BMW 335i
Default 03-30-2015, 07:51 PM

will the 100% e85 flash go through this or will it need to be flashed like the other fuel maps?

2009 BMW 335I with: MHD/Haltech,
precision 6870 turbo, jp Workz header,
Wagner EVO II intercooler,HKS exhaust with cutouts, stage 3 lpfp, wavtech lsd, eospeed intake manifold with fuel return and 60lb injectors
(#316)
Old

Car: '09 E92 335i 6AT MSport
Default 04-02-2015, 12:32 AM

Anyone experiencing strong jerk upon sudden release of throttle on WOT after installing PI.

No codes. All running fine.

*E85 flash, map 7, full e85, stg2 LPFP, stock TMAP, PI

E92 N54 6AT, JB4 G5 ISO, FBO, METH, E85 FLASH, PI, S2 LPFP
(#317)
Old

Car: 2010 535i
Default 04-02-2015, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuman
Anyone experiencing strong jerk upon sudden release of throttle on WOT after installing PI.

No codes. All running fine.

*E85 flash, map 7, full e85, stg2 LPFP, stock TMAP, PI
I have the same setup, I occasionally get the jerk but can usually avoid it by letting off the throttle gently. That said, it probably shouldn't jerk like that even when letting off abruptly.

(#318)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 04-03-2015, 02:30 PM

Got a log of the "jerk"? Wonder if it's going rich for a split second...no pun intended.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#319)
Old

Default 04-03-2015, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It!
Got a log of the "jerk"? Wonder if it's going rich for a split second...no pun intended.
I think I have several logs of my car doing it Steve. Nothing looks out of the ordinary though. It's weird.

(#320)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 04-03-2015, 02:41 PM

Post one up...I'd like to see it.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#321)
Old

Car: 07 e92 M/T
Default 04-03-2015, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
No the AIC4 only reads up to 26.5psi give or take. But this is suitable for up to 30psi actual boost. I ran it for awhile with great results. Just be aware the maps are a bit different than what is posted. If that was the used one I sold then it already has maps loaded. Leave those on there to start.

ps. Checked the email and it was you. I'll forward your invoice back over to you to refresh your memory.
Wait you threw me off here, so with the split second bic we can only boost up to 30 psi? What about those single turbo guys pushing over 30psi?

FFTEC 6466 Gen2, MHD Flash Tuned by Wedge, BMS PI Kit, FUEL-IT Stg 3 pump, HALTECH PS-1000, MFactory LSD w/lock down brace, ECS Trailing Arms, M3 control arms, M3 brace, DGR Coilovers, N20 tmap sensor, BMS OCC, VRSF exhaust w/4" tips, VRSF CP, Tial BOV. BigTom FMIC, Msport front & rear, m3 sides skirts.
12.23 @ 118.9mph (RBs)
2.3 60' lol (single pass night, bog shifting)
(#322)
Old

Car: C.S.B.
Default 04-03-2015, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperware
I have the same setup, I occasionally get the jerk but can usually avoid it by letting off the throttle gently. That said, it probably shouldn't jerk like that even when letting off abruptly.
Its almost certainly running very rich, the injectors included are intended for large turbos, on stockers you need to run much smaller injectors (like half the size) to achieve proper results. When you run the ipw so low (10-20%) its not utilizing the injector properly, your car will run pig rich as it can't pull any more fuel than it is already.
I'd suggest looking into these for stock turbos:
http://www.atpturbo.com/mm5/merchant...Category_Code=

Terry maybe you could confirm/ correct my thoughts here, pretty sure this is accurate
(#323)
Old

Car: 2010 535i
Default 04-03-2015, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT-Tom
Its almost certainly running very rich, the injectors included are intended for large turbos, on stockers you need to run much smaller injectors (like half the size) to achieve proper results. When you run the ipw so low (10-20%) its not utilizing the injector properly, your car will run pig rich as it can't pull any more fuel than it is already.

Terry maybe you could confirm/ correct my thoughts here, pretty sure this is accurate
Amgturbo2012's is doing it too though and he is single turbo.

(#324)
Old

Default 04-03-2015, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It!
Post one up...I'd like to see it.
Let me go through and find a good log that may show something. If we're talking about the same thing it's like a random buck once you drop off the throttle.

(#325)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-03-2015, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT-Tom

Its impossible to know. When you let off the gas the throttle closes cutting off oxygen to the engine. So even if extra fuel is injected during that time, it won't result in any power generation. A log of it coming up might shed more light on whether there is a mapping issue there that needs to be corrected, etc.

Burger Motorsports