N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Default Mini Cooper B48 2.0t Stage 1 - 06-05-2014, 07:31 AM

Any details yet? Im getting antsy in the pantsy

my virgin engine bay:

Last edited by randomquickness; 03-26-2015 at 07:57 AM..
(#2)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-05-2014, 07:42 AM

We need some testers actually. If you have the car email me.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Default 06-05-2014, 07:49 AM

I'll have it mid-late July...suffering through the waiting process right now

(#4)
Old

Default 06-05-2014, 07:56 AM

seeing this makes me excited:

http://instagram.com/p/oxqN8-R4VK/

I think that tune is about $2k USD though. FFFFF that.

(#5)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-05-2014, 08:07 AM

lol our tune is $379.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#6)
Old

Default 06-05-2014, 08:13 AM

but on a serious note, I want my Mini to spit flames like that...

(#7)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 06-07-2014, 05:20 AM

God i miss my mini
It got up and went with the big turbo, but never ran quite right. Would walk stock s4's and 335s though
(#8)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-07-2014, 09:44 AM

Hope to get some dyno testing done early next week.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#9)
Old

Car: BMW 320i
Default 06-08-2014, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Cool!
(#10)
Old
Need4Speed

Car: 2010 E90 335i M-sport
Default 06-09-2014, 09:36 AM

Quote:
How much power are you looking to get to the wheels?
(#11)
Old

Default 06-09-2014, 01:53 PM

can't wait for the results! Oh, and don't forget the flames from the tail *****!

(#12)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-10-2014, 06:12 PM

Dyno was a bust. Turns out you need an AWD for these as unlike the previous MINI it senses the rear wheels are not spinning and locks itself in to low rev mode until it senses them spinning again.

Was able to get only one run out of it before it locked out > 3300rpm and that was a stock run. At 191rw it's similar to the N18.

Did a couple tuned runs up to 3300rpm and they looked promising. The tuning is healthy on the road and feels solid so I'm disappointed we can't yet quantify the gains. Maybe I'll just collect some 1/4 mile traps for the short term.

*** EDIT *** Added a comparison of the N18 stock vs. N48 stock.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#13)
Old

Car: 09 335i xDrive 6spd
Default 06-10-2014, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Dyno was a bust. Turns out you need an AWD for these as unlike the previous MINI it senses the rear wheels are not spinning and locks itself in to low rev mode until it senses them spinning again.

Was able to get only one run out of it before it locked out > 3300rpm and that was a stock run. At 191rw it's similar to the N18.

Did a couple tuned runs up to 3300rpm and they looked promising. The tuning is healthy on the road and feels solid so I'm disappointed we can't yet quantify the gains. Maybe I'll just collect some 1/4 mile traps for the short term.
Seems pretty good nonetheless. Would definitely be interested in seeing 1/4 mile traps

< Click picture for photoshoot
E90 335i xDrive 6spd, Nav, Prem, Cold Weather, & Sports package - Msport Conversion
Mods: JB4 + MHD, Doc Race ST, Pure 6266, AD-Eng PI/Mounts, Fuel-It st. 3, Custom Exhaust, Tuned by TwistedTuning
More Pictures: Build Thread /// Dyno Soon to Come
(#14)
Old

Default 06-10-2014, 07:12 PM

I'm interested in the dyno numbers for tune, kittlyless **, and race gas :D

(#15)
Old

Car: E92 335i, E30 327i
Default 06-10-2014, 07:26 PM

I could maybe get one before and after run.

Mk7 Gti Dsg: 298whp
E30 332i: Race Car.
(#16)
Old

Default 06-10-2014, 07:37 PM

^yes please!

(#17)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-12-2014, 10:16 AM

Did a few runs on a private track and trap speeds went from 95mph stock to 99mph tuned. Not too bad. Looking at the stock runs vs what our N18 runs stock looks like the new version is heavier. I'm curious by how much.

We'll have the product on our website shortly for those who want to jump in on BETA testing, etc.

Burger Motorsports

(#18)
Old

Car: 2008 Xi Coupe
Default 06-14-2014, 08:40 AM

Glad the product is finally released. I should have my car in a week!!!

Since the Beta Stage 1 gets us 30whp and 40wtq, I am curious the physical differences between this B48 motor/parts and the B48 that is going into the BMW 328?

From what I had found on the internet the max target for this engine block is 268 hp and 360 Nm.

I assume the turbo must be smaller, piping more restrictive, smaller intercooler, etc......or do you fully expect to get closer to those numbers as time goes on?

Thanks!

Last edited by Presidio335xi; 06-14-2014 at 08:45 AM..
(#19)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-14-2014, 08:46 AM

As time goes on I expect further development. We're just starting with a Stage1 system now that we know will be reliable and enjoyable.

Burger Motorsports

(#20)
Old

Car: 2008 Xi Coupe
Default 06-14-2014, 05:28 PM

Can you comment on the differences between the new 3-series adaptation of the B48 and the cooper S?

I'm just real curious what john cooper works will do to be in the projected 240hp flywheel area.

Seems the engine block has LOTS of room for power.
(#21)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-14-2014, 07:43 PM

Both the 3 series we own for development are N20 engines, so I've not looked at any B48s outside of what is in the new MINI.

Burger Motorsports

(#22)
Old

Car: mini F56 s
Default 06-15-2014, 10:57 AM

Hello,

I will received my mini in 15 days.... did as it's today in stage 1 beta, of an update come, do the box can be updated to last update, by computer ?

do the 40 +torque is ok with the automatic gear sport ?
(#23)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-15-2014, 10:59 AM

Yes all updates are via software. Don't expect any issues with the auto trans.

Burger Motorsports

(#24)
Old

Car: mini F56 s
Default 06-15-2014, 11:06 AM

AH ok good,with USB connection ? or a special cable ?

total new date in stage 1 beta is that =

192+30 = 222HP
280+40 = 320Nm, overboost at 340Nm

do i am right ?
(#25)
Old

Car: 335I
Default 06-17-2014, 05:02 PM

Hi, terry there is a dyno mode for the new f56 Mini Cooper S with b48.