N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#101)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-05-2013, 10:22 AM

I'd run a 12psi wastegate spring.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#102)
Old

Car: '09 335i coupe
Default 12-05-2013, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Jesus titty****ing christ that was scary how fast you replied...I probably would not have picked that spring, so thanks.

2014 2500 Cummins- Pretty much everything.
09' Single Turbo 335i SOLD
(#103)
Old

Car: 2007 335i
Default 12-05-2013, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Samsies

Ferrari Red F80
(#104)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 12-05-2013, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjmarovi
Jesus titty****ing christ that was scary how fast you replied...I probably would not have picked that spring, so thanks.
What turbo do you have?? Damn a lot of custom singles coming out lately.. ****

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#105)
Old

Default 12-05-2013, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastGti69
What turbo do you have?? Damn a lot of custom singles coming out lately.. ****
Forced Performance HTA 3794r. Go big or go home! Lol

(#106)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 12-06-2013, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjmarovi
Forced Performance HTA 3794r. Go big or go home! Lol
Oh yea, LMFAO I forgot I already spoke with you about this on BB. Carry on!

Burger Motorsports

(#107)
Old

Default 12-06-2013, 03:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastGti69
Oh yea, LMFAO I forgot I already spoke with you about this on BB. Carry on!
Lol, I thought so.

(#108)
Old

Car: E92 335i 6MT
Default 12-06-2013, 02:05 PM

6 channels of timing would be eye opening for stock people running tune only on 91 octane. But for those with 93 and E85, ********* and intercooler, maybe meth... it's redundant information. Am I knocking anywhere today? Nope. But let's keep logging guis just in case.

I guess it could be beneficial if you like to run the car at the limits timing wise. I'd prefer to add airflow with a turbo to that option though.

Anyway, looking forward to updates here, especially in times. Nobody ever gives times. Maybe that's because the ET isn't awesome or something, but on this kinda thing trap speed and 60-130 are really the panty droppers imo.
(#109)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-08-2013, 08:00 PM

Roads are too cold/slippery to test much but 20psi @ 4000rpm and 24psi @ 4200rpm is pretty decent spool for this 6466 if you ask me.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#110)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 12-08-2013, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Roads are too cold/slippery to test much but 20psi @ 4000rpm and 24psi @ 4200rpm is pretty decent spool for this 6466 if you ask me.

How does the power feel while the car is spooling?

I'm really torn between RB's or letting FFTEC go crazy on my car.
(#111)
Old

Car: 09 335i xDrive 6spd
Default 12-08-2013, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Wow that is awesome spool. Please if you have time get some videos of it on the road, i'd love to see. Also any plans to redyno now that you can up the boost more?

< Click picture for photoshoot
E90 335i xDrive 6spd, Nav, Prem, Cold Weather, & Sports package - Msport Conversion
Mods: JB4 + MHD, Doc Race ST, Pure 6266, AD-Eng PI/Mounts, Fuel-It st. 3, Custom Exhaust, Tuned by TwistedTuning
More Pictures: Build Thread /// Dyno Soon to Come
(#112)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-08-2013, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmitty95
Wow that is awesome spool. Please if you have time get some videos of it on the road, i'd love to see. Also any plans to redyno now that you can up the boost more?
Not a video guy, sorry. But I do plan to get back to the dyno soon!

Burger Motorsports

(#113)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-08-2013, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weebles
How does the power feel while the car is spooling?

I'm really torn between RB's or letting FFTEC go crazy on my car.
It's slow while spooling. So being a manual you really need to downshift in to a gear that puts RPM > 4000rpm to get it moving quickly. Proper gear selection becomes much more important than with the stock turbos for example.

Burger Motorsports

(#114)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 12-09-2013, 12:43 AM

what gas is that run on?
(#115)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-09-2013, 09:50 AM

I've been running it on E20-E40 lately and keeping meth flowing.

Burger Motorsports

(#116)
Old

Car: BMW 335i e90
Default 12-09-2013, 12:46 PM

You get me a daily 570-650 off 93 and e85 then I will have made my decision!!! Looking forward to all the bad ass **** the future holds for this set up!!! I'm already in love with my jb4 so it's only natural to give my jb4 some love and let it control a single!!
(#117)
Old

Default 12-09-2013, 02:49 PM

24 psi will be 650whp...
(#118)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-09-2013, 03:18 PM

Was able to do a little more dyno tuning today. At 25psi at relatively low advance it's doing 620rw. Would probably be 640rw with normal advance but was working on fueling stuff today. @ 26psi the car has a fairly consistent miss. So up against some limit there. May need to close plug gap further.

Burger Motorsports

(#119)
Old

Car: 08 E90 335
Default 12-09-2013, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Was able to do a little more dyno tuning today. At 25psi at relatively low advance it's doing 620rw. Would probably be 640rw with normal advance but was working on fueling stuff today. @ 26psi the car has a fairly consistent miss. So up against some limit there. May need to close plug gap further.
Hopefully its just in need up a smaller gap and isn't running into the exhaust gas "echo". Although fftec did say ~650whp is the limit they were shooting for on the Bottom mount and I'd imagine at 26 psi you would be right around that #.
(#120)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 12-10-2013, 01:45 AM

Quote:
What about one step colder plug? I can imagine at 700whp they still need to be another step colder haha.

Burger Motorsports

(#121)
Old

Default 12-12-2013, 01:24 PM

has anyone run coppers in these cars?

i know alot of guys like them on fi cars on other platforms let alone they are 1 or 2 dollars a plug not 10+

i dont think ngk or bosch even makes a colder plug that fit these cars

Last edited by BTMFR; 12-12-2013 at 01:39 PM..
(#122)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 12-12-2013, 05:57 PM

Quote:
It's slow while spooling. So being a manual you really need to downshift in to a gear that puts RPM > 4000rpm to get it moving quickly. Proper gear selection becomes much more important than with the stock turbos for example.
Yeah I come from the Evo world, my last car was a Evolution X with a bigger turbo on a 2.0 motor. I kept modding and chasing power on my evo and never got the feeling of acceleration I was after, even though my car ran low 11's.

I guess what I fear is having that lack of power feeling back, the way torque hits on the n54 is so satisfying.... After 4k these single turbo setups satisfy that thirst for torque differently than a big turbo evo I wonder?

Wish I could experience RB's / Single turbo first hand before purchasing!
(#123)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-12-2013, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weebles
Yeah I come from the Evo world, my last car was a Evolution X with a bigger turbo on a 2.0 motor. I kept modding and chasing power on my evo and never got the feeling of acceleration I was after, even though my car ran low 11's.

I guess what I fear is having that lack of power feeling back, the way torque hits on the n54 is so satisfying.... After 4k these single turbo setups satisfy that thirst for torque differently than a big turbo evo I wonder?

Wish I could experience RB's / Single turbo first hand before purchasing!
It's all a matter of perspective. But I think the 58mm single is probably the best of both worlds. The RBs are great down low but the lack of top end power leaves you wanting. While the 6466 at least to me is outright nasty up top. But I need more down low to really make the car "fun" on the street.

Burger Motorsports

(#124)
Old

Car: 325Ci 335i
Default 12-12-2013, 11:01 PM

This is great progress and I am watching these updates closely. The problem I see though is all this power is still reliant on the bandaid that is meth. Bolting up a big single and tuning it is worth nothing if you are stuck with this ****ty meth crutch forever because we don't have a real solution for fueling. Would be nice to see focus put on that as I think it is a MUCH more important hurdle for the platform to overcome. 100% e85 tuning should be the end goal for all of these tuners/mod companies.
(#125)
Old

Car: 335i DCT
Default 12-12-2013, 11:43 PM

this is where the superiority of the N54 engine platform still shines over the N55 platform.. it takes more to make it using the N55's...