N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#301)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-08-2014, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07tundra
Terry what type of fluid are you going to go with?
I had redline in it before and going to stay with the same brand.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#302)
Old
Band

Car: 135i
Default 04-08-2014, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Our 135i was dropped off at FFTEC this morning for top mount treatment.
Terry,
I am doing the 5862 bottom mount. It has all the hardware at a real good price.
Are all the flash and map files for the 5862 in the OP? I have seen where you were going to add some things but the only link I see is the solenoid hex file.

Vae Victis!

If you are not going Juice Box then you are going slow.
(#303)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-08-2014, 02:14 PM

Nice! The single turbo flash files are different. I've added them to the first post.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#304)
Old
Band

Default 04-08-2014, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Nice! The single turbo flash files are different. I've added them to the first post.
As I was reading this. Did you get rid of the 6466? you mentioned it but I did not see if you committed to it or not. email me if you have not and still want too

Vae Victis!

Last edited by DaleM; 04-08-2014 at 05:20 PM..
(#305)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-08-2014, 05:50 PM

The 6466 kit is installed on our E92 manual trans car. It's been waiting the last few months for FFTEC to build its motor. Hopefully it comes together sooner than later.

Burger Motorsports

(#306)
Old

Car: a slow one
Default Flash - 04-09-2014, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Are theses flashes for a light e85 mixture? Or is it something I should use regaurdless
(#307)
Old

Car: e90 335i
Default 04-09-2014, 06:22 PM

ill be home this weekend yay..

will post some logs of various fuels for fun
(#308)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-09-2014, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07tundra
Are theses flashes for a light e85 mixture? Or is it something I should use regaurdless
You can use a light E85 mix as long as boost isn't too high. You'll have to monitor your fuel pressure situation and go from there.

Burger Motorsports

(#309)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-13-2014, 02:03 PM

We've got the FFTEC 5858 bottom mount kit up and running on Ando's 335. Just did a quick spool test to see where it's at. Looks like it gets close to full target at around 3500rpm. A bit slower than the twin scroll 5862 we're using on the 135i but still much better than the 6466 on our E92!

Should have it on the dyno later this week. Going to tune it for 20psi to keep the automatic trans safe until we know how the level10 build pans out on our 135.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#310)
Old
Band

Default 04-13-2014, 02:11 PM

Quote:
We've got the FFTEC 5858 bottom mount kit up and running on Ando's 335. Just did a quick spool test to see where it's at. Looks like it gets close to full target at around 3500rpm. A bit slower than the twin scroll 5862 we're using on the 135i but still much better than the 6466 on our E92!

Should have it on the dyno later this week. Going to tune it for 20psi to keep the automatic trans safe until we know how the level10 build pans out on our 135.
T,
is that spool difference due to the efficiency of the top mount vs the bottom? Would a top mount 5858 spool faster than a TM5862?

Vae Victis!

(#311)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-13-2014, 02:13 PM

The top mount kit on the 135i is a twin scroll setup. So I think the spool difference is a result of that. The 58 bottom mount kit is no slouch and is a little cheaper and easier to install. But for my money the top mount TS kit is probably worth the extra cost.

Burger Motorsports

(#312)
Old
Band

Default 04-13-2014, 02:18 PM

Quote:
The top mount kit on the 135i is a twin scroll setup. So I think the spool difference is a result of that. The 58 bottom mount kit is no slouch and is a little cheaper and easier to install. But for my money the top mount TS kit is probably worth the extra cost.
Cost of the bottom mount drove my decision. OK, the cost of the rebuild is is driving the whole project right now. The 5862, do you think 26-28 psi is max?

Vae Victis!

(#313)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-13-2014, 02:19 PM

The boost is more a function of fueling. Without meth using say race gas only I think 25psi is close to the max. With meth 26-28psi should be doable in a "very aggressive" setup.

Burger Motorsports

(#314)
Old

Car: 2007 BMW 335i coupe
Default 04-13-2014, 03:03 PM

how do you think a pte 6262 cea bb turbo would work on your twin scroll top mount setup?
(#315)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-13-2014, 03:04 PM

No idea on that. Check with FFTEC on hardware ideas IMHO.

Burger Motorsports

(#316)
Old
Band

Default 04-13-2014, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBND335i
how do you think a pte 6262 cea bb turbo would work on your twin scroll top mount setup?
As Terry says, Anthony at FFtec will work through all your ideas. They have seen lots of what does and does not work.

Vae Victis!

(#317)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 04-14-2014, 01:21 AM

Quote:

I want you to drive my car around and tell me how you feel with the response and low end torque. The dyno results and logs are showing fantastic response and nice low end torque.

Burger Motorsports

(#318)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-14-2014, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastGti69
I want you to drive my car around and tell me how you feel with the response and low end torque. The dyno results and logs are showing fantastic response and nice low end torque.
I'll drive it around a bit at shift sector to get a feel for the spool.

Burger Motorsports

(#319)
Old

Car: 2008 E92
Default 04-14-2014, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBND335i
I'll let you know shortly. I went with the twinscroll 6266 Gen 2 1.0 a/r...I'm hoping for spool ~3.8k....we'll see though soon enough.

2008 Sparking Graphite 335i 6MT Coupe - JB4/FFTEC
2007 Montego Blue 335i 6AT Sedan
(#320)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 04-14-2014, 12:48 PM

Quote:
I'll drive it around a bit at shift sector to get a feel for the spool.
Ill be there Sunday only

Burger Motorsports

(#321)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-14-2014, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastGti69
Ill be there Sunday only
Ah, well next time then!

Burger Motorsports

(#322)
Old

Default 04-15-2014, 07:40 AM

can someone tell how to power up the mac boost solenoid where to connect the wire ,there r two wires from the stock solenoid which one should i connect with
(#323)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-15-2014, 08:02 AM

Just add some male contacts to it and shove them in where the OEM solenoid connected.

Burger Motorsports

(#324)
Old

Default 04-15-2014, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Just add some male contacts to it and shove them in where the OEM solenoid connected.
so ill tie the two wires then add the same oem male connector?
(#325)
Old

Default 04-15-2014, 09:02 AM

connect the orange wires together and the white then connct each one to the black wires of the solenoid??