N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#9051)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-10-2015, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hendo
Well that's not good. . If anyone has it please pm me for my email addy.
Donnie will post JB4 mobile updates soon. Until then ensure CPS values are set to 0. Those same fields became duty bias.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#9052)
Old
Legend

Car: '07 335i Sedan, Built & Blown '08 Mustang Bullitt
Default 04-10-2015, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hendo
Where can I download and earlier version firmware ?
If you don't have a windows laptop and BMS USB cable to modify the settings, you might need an older firmware. Just email Terry to be sure.

FWIW, I never drive my car hard without logging...

2018 Audi RS3 | Stage 1 E85 and 91 Flashes | JB4 for Logging

SOLD: 2017 F36 440i Gran Coupe | PS2 | MPPSK | Track Handling Package | JB4

SOLD: 2007 E90 335i | PS2's | JB4 | FBO | 160k+ miles on the car, 120k+ miles on the JB4

Log, log, then log some more...
(#9053)
Old

Car: F02/E82
Default 04-11-2015, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt1841
If you don't have a windows laptop and BMS USB cable to modify the settings, you might need an older firmware. Just email Terry to be sure.

FWIW, I never drive my car hard without logging...
Others here do that actually ? lol
(#9054)
Old

Car: 2008 335i E90
Default 04-11-2015, 09:46 AM

Can someone please remind me of the default values for "all map afr" and "all map cps" thanks

2008 e90 6mt
FBO/BMS meth
RB turbos
RB inlets
G5 iso
back end flash
fuel-it stg 2
(#9055)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-11-2015, 09:55 AM

Updated first post with that info.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#9056)
Old

Car: 335i e90
Default 04-12-2015, 08:32 AM

hello,

quick question:
is there the possibility to alter the settings for the cold/hot oil protection (for example to raise the hot limit a few degrees) or to disable it?

i know the risks, it is for a special purpose.

edit: oh sorry, i wanted to post this to the general thread, maybe somebody can move it? (http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10605)

Last edited by huberto; 04-12-2015 at 09:00 AM..
(#9057)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-12-2015, 09:30 AM

Read the firmware notes for directions on that.

Burger Motorsports

(#9058)
Old

Default 04-12-2015, 10:19 AM

ok i feared that this question was anwered before and i searched.
The only thing i found was:
FUD 100 - Use water temp in place of oil temp for warm up safety.

Well ok, if this is the only option I have let me understand it better:
does it work like the oil protection? (so ranges from 160 to 280 degrees?)
(#9059)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-12-2015, 11:17 AM

It goes off water temp instead. Turn on 160 degrees F water temp. Which takes much less time.

Burger Motorsports

(#9060)
Old

Default 04-12-2015, 02:38 PM

ok, i'll try it - thanks so far.

but to be clear: no way in just turning the safety off?
(#9061)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-12-2015, 02:43 PM

That is the only option. The DME also has a built in safety based on water temps so using that method is about as aggressive as you can get.

Burger Motorsports

(#9062)
Old

Car: BMW E91 335i
Default 04-13-2015, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cm50k
changing values in the interface (e.g. wastegate or other settings) also changes the value in the car?

when updating the firmware some settings are still saved in the car (selected map, can flap, etc.)! so which settings changes in the car or what are the default values for the settings IN THE CAR.
nobody an answer to that?
(#9063)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-13-2015, 08:02 AM

The wheel control guide in the first post outlines the in dash settings.

Burger Motorsports

(#9064)
Old

Car: 2007 BMW 335i E92
Default 04-13-2015, 08:19 AM

Terry,

guideline is missing auto-clear settings

2007 E92 335
ST - GTW3684
JB4 G5, ST Pump Flash, Fuel-It Stage 1, Meth
MT (after swap),
MFactory LSD
(#9065)
Old
ex deus machina

Car: E92 N54 335i
Default 04-13-2015, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levan-i
Terry,

guideline is missing auto-clear settings
...yep...

sent you a PM

Garage Queen: Audi S4 4.2L V8, Vortech Supercharger, Bilstein PSS9 Coilovers, Sway-bars, RS4 brakes and rear BBK, Fast Intentions - Full Exhaust, 505AWTQ 0-60: 3.8s
Daily Driver: E92 335i N54: complete part out - let me know of any parts you need:

https://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55650
(#9066)
Old

Car: 2013 Genesis Coupe
Default 04-13-2015, 09:13 AM

Is it only me or when flashing the car the safety feature of hitting full boost before operating oil temp is disabled? Not that I ever get on it before operating temps but just noticed it in beginning, in which I feathered the throttle until I went to the 4/2 setting.
(#9067)
Old

Car: 335i xdrive
Default 04-13-2015, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deen@StreetKingImports
Is it only me or when flashing the car the safety feature of hitting full boost before operating oil temp is disabled? Not that I ever get on it before operating temps but just noticed it in beginning, in which I feathered the throttle until I went to the 4/2 setting.
With a backend flash, you will be able to reach full boost even with cold temperatures. Just make sure to drive carefully until warmed up, since the warm-up safety feature no longer applies. This has to do with permanently altering the tune in the computer, as opposed to just having the JB4 control tuning when oil temps are ready.

'09 335 xdrive: JB4 G5 ISO - BMS Pump Flash - E30 / BMS DCI / VRSF ** / VRSF FMIC / BMS CP / BMS CDV / BMS Clutch Stop / ZHP Shift Knob
'07 Mustang GT/CS vert: Intake / Tune / Straight ***** / Strut Brace
'67 Jacobsen Tractor: Yardwork Toy...
(#9068)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-13-2015, 09:36 AM

With the new setup the warmup protection is in effect. Sure you are in 4/2 back end flash mode?

Burger Motorsports

(#9069)
Old

Car: 2007 e92 335i
Default 04-13-2015, 09:52 AM

With the pump gas flash and 91 octane I get many consistent timing drops when running anything higher than map 1 before the new firmware (13 psi). Now, in the new 4/2 mode the lowest I can run is map 1 (now 15 psi) and I'm seeing many timing drops.

Is the only way to create a less aggressive map to make a custom map 6 at 13 psi? How much boost are you guys able to run on straight 91 and the pump flash without timing drops? Thanks.

07 E92 335i 6MT- BMS JB4 G5 ISO, BMS Meth Kit with dual CM7's, MMP inlets/outlets, AMS FMIC w/ custom 3" Lower CP, N54 Tuning ***, BMS CP, MHD, PE Mod Exhaust, 4" tips, Vibrant 1792's in place of secondaries, BMS OCC, N20 TMAP, RB PCV, BMS CDV Delete, BMS Clutch Stop, BMS/Shifteck SSK, BavAuto Weighted Knob, 335d intake, 335is Engine Mounts, E46 M3 Tranny Mounts, Redline Mt90 & diff, 1/4 BOV barb, OEM Aero Lip, CSL Trunk Spoiler, Painted Side Markers, Angel Eyes, Enkreuz H10R 19in Wheels, coded.

Last edited by Beemin; 04-13-2015 at 09:59 AM..
(#9070)
Old
ex deus machina

Car: E92 N54 335i
Default 04-13-2015, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemin
With the pump gas flash and 91 octane I get many consistent timing drops when running anything higher than map 1 before the new firmware (13 psi). Now, in the new 4/2 mode the lowest I can run is map 1 (now 15 psi) and I'm seeing many timing drops.

Is the only way to create a less aggressive map to make a custom map 6 at 13 psi? How much boost are you guys able to run on straight 91 and the pump flash without timing drops? Thanks.
start a thread in the support section and post logs, we can offer specific help there without making their thread any longer

Garage Queen: Audi S4 4.2L V8, Vortech Supercharger, Bilstein PSS9 Coilovers, Sway-bars, RS4 brakes and rear BBK, Fast Intentions - Full Exhaust, 505AWTQ 0-60: 3.8s
Daily Driver: E92 335i N54: complete part out - let me know of any parts you need:

https://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55650
(#9071)
Old

Default 04-13-2015, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
With the new setup the warmup protection is in effect. Sure you are in 4/2 back end flash mode?
That's great! I didn't realize it was back in effect now.

Also getting significant timing drops, more than my last setup on the previous pump flash, ISO 28_5. I need to post up some logs later tonight, even map 5 can't resolve itself.

'09 335 xdrive: JB4 G5 ISO - BMS Pump Flash - E30 / BMS DCI / VRSF ** / VRSF FMIC / BMS CP / BMS CDV / BMS Clutch Stop / ZHP Shift Knob
(#9072)
Old

Car: 2007 e92 335i
Default 04-13-2015, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grease Monkey

Also getting significant timing drops, more than my last setup on the previous pump flash, ISO 28_5. I need to post up some logs later tonight, even map 5 can't resolve itself.
+1 Map 5 just keeps upping the boost despite timing drops.

07 E92 335i 6MT- BMS JB4 G5 ISO, BMS Meth Kit with dual CM7's, MMP inlets/outlets, AMS FMIC w/ custom 3" Lower CP, N54 Tuning ***, BMS CP, MHD, PE Mod Exhaust, 4" tips, Vibrant 1792's in place of secondaries, BMS OCC, N20 TMAP, RB PCV, BMS CDV Delete, BMS Clutch Stop, BMS/Shifteck SSK, BavAuto Weighted Knob, 335d intake, 335is Engine Mounts, E46 M3 Tranny Mounts, Redline Mt90 & diff, 1/4 BOV barb, OEM Aero Lip, CSL Trunk Spoiler, Painted Side Markers, Angel Eyes, Enkreuz H10R 19in Wheels, coded.
(#9073)
Old

Default 04-13-2015, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemin
+1 Map 5 just keeps upping the boost despite timing drops.
I'll post up my map 2 and map 5 logs tonight, curious to know if you're seeing similar problems. My plugs are maybe a couple thousand miles old (I pulled them last week and they looked fine). Injectors are newer, coils haven't been a problem for me yet. My timing drops are all over the place, not isolated to specific cylinders and parameters.

(#9074)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-13-2015, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grease Monkey
That's great! I didn't realize it was back in effect now.

Timing drops alone don't indicate that something is overly aggressive. Map5 uses the average timing value across all cylinders to peek at the DME's timing adaptions.

Burger Motorsports

(#9075)
Old

Car: 2013 Genesis Coupe
Default 04-13-2015, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Yessir I am u have been ever since the firmware change, I have to try it again, I just usually feather the pedal so I haven't really tested it, but I will let you know.