N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#4051)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-10-2012, 11:56 PM

With 2/7 it doesn't really matter but for newer firmware it will be a must.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4052)
Old
Power slide freak

Car: 09 E82 MT6 JB4 ST3
Default 03-11-2012, 11:05 AM

Hi guys is it ok to copy all the data from this page to my jb4 ( user ajustement ) except informationnal ????
(#4053)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-11-2012, 11:14 AM

Yes once you update to 2/7 firmware that is what you're supposed to do.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4054)
Old
Power slide freak

Default 03-11-2012, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Yes once you update to 2/7 firmware that is what you're supposed to do.
thats what i did firmware is 9/16, latest public interface is 2/7, i used the hex file 9/16 and copied the user ajustement on this page so.....Thx for your time
(#4055)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-11-2012, 05:10 PM

Oh, no that isn't going to work. The settings posted are for the 2/7 firmware.

Burger Motorsports

(#4056)
Old
Power slide freak

Default 03-11-2012, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Oh, no that isn't going to work. The settings posted are for the 2/7 firmware.
so i have to install n54 02/07 hex right to use these setting above???
(#4057)
Old
FBO+ N54xi

Car: '07 E90-335xi
Default 03-11-2012, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBloodscalp
so i have to install n54 02/07 hex right to use these setting above???
Yes sir.

JB4+usb | BMS OCC | P3 Vent Boost Gauge v2 | BMS DCI | AMS FMIC | AR xi CL **'s | BT Tool | Stett Tial BOV W/Meth Charge Pipe [soon] | Cyba Quad Exhaust tips | M-Tech Rear & M3 Front Bumpers | Cyba Red Air Scoops | Blacklines | Vinyl Overlays | ACS Roof Spoiler | Matte Black Grilles | LED Side Mirrors | Rear Euro Fogs | Matte Black Finishing Rods | 30% Tints | Sports & Winter package | Black Leather Int. | Aluminium Trim | & few extras not listed. Car: '07 E90 335xi vrrooom lol'
(#4058)
Old
Power slide freak

Default 03-11-2012, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BES335xi
Yes sir.
Thx i ll try it tomorrow morning to see the power

Last edited by RBloodscalp; 03-11-2012 at 07:06 PM.. Reason: Wrong message
(#4059)
Old
Poor Kid with Dreams

Car: 335xi
Default 03-11-2012, 06:21 PM

I've had the 2/7 firmware for about 2 weeks. Is it bad that I didn't just update the All Map AFR values until today?

'07 335xi JB4, CXRacing IC, BMS DCI, Meth
'95 Mustang GTS 347ci Heads,Custom Cam,Intake Manifold,Tubular Front Suspension,Full Exhaust,Big and Littles
The Site to go to for Home Owner Knowledge: Home Owner Basics
(#4060)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-11-2012, 06:24 PM

Just won't get the full effect until you do.

Burger Motorsports

(#4061)
Old
Poor Kid with Dreams

Default 03-11-2012, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Just won't get the full effect until you do.
Do these matter on Map 3?

'07 335xi JB4, CXRacing IC, BMS DCI, Meth
'95 Mustang GTS 347ci Heads,Custom Cam,Intake Manifold,Tubular Front Suspension,Full Exhaust,Big and Littles
The Site to go to for Home Owner Knowledge: Home Owner Basics
(#4062)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-11-2012, 06:39 PM

Yep. That's why it says "all map".

Burger Motorsports

(#4063)
Old

Default 03-11-2012, 06:52 PM

Is there a handy cheat sheet for a new guy like me to get up to speed on the verbiage and settings on the JB4? Unfortunately, it's not as simple of a search as I expected. Silly things like what do the All Map AFR and All Map CPS settings control? Others too...like Lagfix, PID Gain, PID Damper, Fuel Open Loop Mapping, etc, etc.

I don't mind plugging in the values you tell me, but I also like to know what the various settings mean.

Also, is there already info on reading the logging that can help me understand what is going on with those line graphs? I assume the best process for logging is a 3rd gear WOT run? Would I just get up to speed (through first and second) then hit the log button after shifting into 3rd, and stop it after shifting into 4th?

Much obliged!
(#4064)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-11-2012, 06:58 PM

The only information we provide is in the first post. There is also a link on how to log in the first post.

Burger Motorsports

(#4065)
Old

Default 03-11-2012, 07:38 PM

Quote:
The only information we provide is in the first post.
Thanks. I'll just keep searching around. I just figured someone has put together a cheat sheet by now.

Last edited by cpo; 03-11-2012 at 07:57 PM..
(#4066)
Old

Car: Z4 s35i 7DCT
Default 03-11-2012, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpo
Thanks. I'll just keep searching around. I just figured someone has put together a cheat sheet by now.
I agree, a cheat sheet would be really good to have...but a little knowledge can also be very dangerous to your engine (and maybe this is why there is limited information on the details of the settings). That's why am content to leave the detailed knowledge up to the likes of Terry. I bought the JB4 over the others not just because it is a great product, but because it is continually being developed.

my 2 cents worth...

E89 N54 / Wedge / RB Turbos / AFE DCI / HPF FMIC / Stett CP / Forge DV's / AR Cattless **'s / BMS OCC / RB PCV2 / BMS Spacers
(#4067)
Old

Car: 08 335
Default 03-11-2012, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpo
Is there a handy cheat sheet for a new guy like me to get up to speed on the verbiage and settings on the JB4? Unfortunately, it's not as simple of a search as I expected. Silly things like what do the All Map AFR and All Map CPS settings control? Others too...like Lagfix, PID Gain, PID Damper, Fuel Open Loop Mapping, etc, etc.

I don't mind plugging in the values you tell me, but I also like to know what the various settings mean.

Also, is there already info on reading the logging that can help me understand what is going on with those line graphs? I assume the best process for logging is a 3rd gear WOT run? Would I just get up to speed (through first and second) then hit the log button after shifting into 3rd, and stop it after shifting into 4th?

Much obliged!
You will spend the next year trying to figure it all out and even then you wont have it all .have to agree with above post do logs send to terry he will set you up...
(#4068)
Old

Default 03-12-2012, 05:29 AM

Does the one push DTC disable work for XI's now?
(#4069)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-12-2012, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabur
Does the one push DTC disable work for XI's now?
Nope. RWD only models.

Burger Motorsports

(#4070)
Old

Car: 2009 335i Coupe
Default 03-12-2012, 10:32 AM

SO i just got around to installing my usb cable through the glovebox yesterday and loaded up the 3/7 firmware. I didn't load up the 2/7 first though. does the 3/7 include everything from the 2/7 or only what is stated? I would like to get the benefits (some people are saying that map 5 runs stronger for them in 2/7). I want to post up logs for Terry asap.

I have 93 here in GA and have been running map 5 since i installed my JB4, I set my oil to boost and I have seen around 13-14 psi with only a homemade DCI as my mods, pretty excited, but i want to make sure everything is checking out ok.

Thanks Guys!!!
(#4071)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-12-2012, 10:44 AM

Yes, 3/7 is identical to 2/7, only with TPMS function added and the MethFlowScaling change.

Burger Motorsports

(#4072)
Old

Car: 2009 335i Coupe
Default 03-12-2012, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Yes, 3/7 is identical to 2/7, only with TPMS function added and the MethFlowScaling change.
Thanks Terry,

Hopefully i can find enough open road to do a full 3rd gear pull today, I'll have my wife with the laptop in the passenger seat lol.

I'll email you that log as soon as i can get it so i can make sure i'm running ok without any boost leaks or timing pulls!!! Fun.
(#4073)
Old

Car: BMW 135
Default 03-13-2012, 06:50 AM

I am finding meth map 3 with the 2/7 firmware quite a bit slower, I'm now the same speed as a Merc S500 where I would normally have left him in the dust. No logs yet. I did change the all the All map AFR.
Maybe the map is pulling boost too aggressively??
(#4074)
Old

Default 03-13-2012, 07:46 AM

What is the scale on overshoot when it is hijacking oil temp? I notice around 3000rpm I am usually around 3-4 ticks over and by 4000-5000 back on target until I lift. Is that bad?
(#4075)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-13-2012, 10:38 AM

Some throttle trimming on tip in is normal in some circumstances. You'd have to log it and send in a CSV if you wanted a better analysis.

Burger Motorsports