N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: Cooper S
Lightbulb Check Engine - 05-09-2019, 01:45 AM

Hi

After installing the JB4 on my Cooper S i keep getting the Check engine light up (orange ) , i am using map 2 , car is running fine . i can reset it using the JB4 but it come back every time. Before the installation never had it, is it normal ? safe to keep on ?

Tnx
(#2)
Old

Car: B46 F56S
Default 05-09-2019, 05:13 AM

Does it do the same with map 1?

What is the code?
(#3)
Old

Default 05-09-2019, 07:54 AM

didnt try map 2 yet so yes it happen with map 1 , didnt connect a code reader yet
(#4)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-09-2019, 04:52 PM

You read codes via the JB4.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5)
Old

Default 06-21-2019, 03:22 AM

finally had my hand on the OBD2 scanner ,the code is P12A4 " absolute pressure sensor intake manifold pressure too low" , again only happen when map 1 or 2 is activated , ok on default value . any idea

tnx
(#6)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-21-2019, 12:04 PM

Next up lets see a JB4 log on map1.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#7)
Old

Default 06-21-2019, 08:09 PM

Tnx Terry , i guess i will need the BMS data cable to extract the log file ? i might be visiting the Simi valley are next month would it be possible to come over with the JB4 for checking it (without the Mini)? Tnx
(#8)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-21-2019, 08:15 PM

Sure but if it's not coming up on map0 it won't be a hardware issue. Likely a software issue, so the data cable or blue tooth will let you read the code, adjust settings, do logs, etc, so we can resolve it.

Burger Motorsports

(#9)
Old

Default 06-21-2019, 08:18 PM

OK , will get the data cable , BTW do you see a problem keep on driving with the fault code ? the cars seems to run fine and it looks it happen when i start the car
(#10)
Old

Default 06-22-2019, 01:08 AM

Looked all over and was not able to find the application s/w download for the USB cable connectivity , it is not where it used to be, any available link?
Tnx!
(#11)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-22-2019, 02:17 PM

N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion - View Single Post - JB4 laptop connection directions

Burger Motorsports

(#12)
Old

Default 06-22-2019, 08:27 PM

Tnx , got it !
(#13)
Old

Default 06-23-2019, 12:04 PM

Made the cable myself and was able to connect to the JB4!!! my Firmware Ver is 58/8//5 , no idea how old and updated it is ? if not is there a place i can download the most updated one for the Cooper S 2.0L? tomorrow will try to do some runs and log the data , is there a particular place i should load it to ? Tnx!
(#14)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 06-24-2019, 10:37 AM

Updated firmware will be on the bottom of the first post on this page:

MINI B38/B48 BMW X1/X2 JB4 - N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion

You can upload your CSV file logs here so we can evaluate.

At the bottom of the reply box click go advance. Then you'll see a paperclip icon on the top. That's where you'll be able to attached the files.

Burger Motorsports

(#15)
Old

Default 06-28-2019, 01:24 AM

Tnx for all your help , new s/w is uploaded and seems to work well . about the check engine i notice when it come up it only when starting the car and never during drive (bot hard and soft drive ) it doesn't happen always but when it does it when i start the car.
i notice that my value of TMAP 3.5bar=1 , 4 bar =2 is set to 1 , is it right or should be 0?
is there a way to turn on and off the Fuel gage boost from the interface or on from the car itself? . i can share the CSV file but again the check engine is not coming on during that drive test, LMK
and again many tnx!