N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1651)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-12-2019, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLR STINGER
Depending on Spring used that is normal. In fact some spring combinations open at idle is even normal. I like to run the minimal amount of spring pressure to ensure valve is just barely closed at idle. Once under boost the pressure behind the diaphram keeps closed shut, but a lighter spring rate will allow for faster response.
The computer retains control and will let it stay open sometimes, probably some sort of emissions things. You can go a really large spring to block it but the valve doesn't work properly then, and you also take away the ECU's ability to control it when it wants.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1652)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger GT2
Default 02-12-2019, 04:12 PM

When I try and upload the firmware for my jb4 I keep getting an error.

it says.
failed checksum testing file 21210
read 5051350
(#1653)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-12-2019, 04:33 PM

Did it start the upgrade process? If so may need to hold phone closer to JB4 mobile device, ensure ign is fully on, etc, to get it to update.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1654)
Old

Default 02-12-2019, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Did it start the upgrade process? If so may need to hold phone closer to JB4 mobile device, ensure ign is fully on, etc, to get it to update.
Firmware v7 worked. But 8 wonít.

Do I have to do anything at this point to make the fuel wires work. Is there anywhere I can check to make sure I have everything working properly?

Like I was not sure how to install that obd2 wire. No directional clip or anything. I just made sure 2 out of the 3 wires had contacts.
(#1655)
Old

Car: 2018 Stinger GT2
Default 02-12-2019, 05:16 PM

If you don't have the obd2 wire connected, the fuel control does not work.
(#1656)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-12-2019, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eronenris
Firmware v7 worked. But 8 wonít.

Do I have to do anything at this point to make the fuel wires work. Is there anywhere I can check to make sure I have everything working properly?

Like I was not sure how to install that obd2 wire. No directional clip or anything. I just made sure 2 out of the 3 wires had contacts.
OBDII should only lock in one way, post a photo if you need us to check it. Fuel wire install video is in the first post.

Burger Motorsports

(#1657)
Old

Default 02-12-2019, 05:41 PM

Quote:
OBDII should only lock in one way, post a photo if you need us to check it. Fuel wire install video is in the first post.
I watched the video and did it how it said, I am just very particular and like confirmation that things are what they are supposed to be. Would a log show it working or not?

Iím just confused because I see this list on your original post.

bit0 - Turn on to disable JB4 fuel control, also required for accurate AFR logging if fuel wires are NOT installed
bit1 - Turn on to enable fuel control adjustment by RPM, default values of 80 across will match internal mapping. With default setting JB4 uses internal settings for fuel control.
bit2 - Turn on to disable JB4 hot/cold water & oil temperature protection
bit3 - Turn on enable IAT/timing spoofing, requires wire added to JB4 harness and 6cyl setting for spoofing level
bit4 - Unassigned
bit5 - Unassigned
bit6 - Turn on if vehicle has an aftermarket flash map loaded to the ECU
bit7 - Unassigned

How do I get to this screen to turn these on or off?

Also what is this, it smells slightly like gas right here. It may be just in my head, but I smell gas now when driving and I never did before.

Wonít let me post pic from phone, Iíll add it later.
(#1658)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-12-2019, 07:29 PM

Quote:
I watched the video and did it how it said, I am just very particular and like confirmation that things are what they are supposed to be. Would a log show it working or not?
If you read the individual FutureUseD settings, you'll find that none of those settings apply to you. You don't need to enable any of them or touch any other setting when installing the fuel control wires. A full throttle JB4 log would show it's working right, yes.

I can't see what you're smelling, sorry, but the tuning can't make any new odors.

Burger Motorsports

(#1659)
Old

Default 02-12-2019, 07:50 PM

Quote:
If you read the individual FutureUseD settings, you'll find that none of those settings apply to you. You don't enable any of them per the directions.

I can't see what you're smelling, sorry, but the tuning can't make any new odors.
Would any of the lines I took off of the manifold smell like gas if not put on properly? I checked all the lines, and it looks fine.

Here is a 3rd gear pull log, how does it look.

Last question, when changing maps does it change instantly, or does it take time to learn?
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-02-12 18_11_34 Map-2.csv (2.9 KB, 31 views)

Last edited by Eronenris; 02-12-2019 at 07:54 PM.. Reason: Adding log
(#1660)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-12-2019, 07:52 PM

There is no log attached.

Maps change instantly, a little adaption period is required for full power though.

Burger Motorsports

(#1661)
Old

Default 02-12-2019, 07:54 PM

Quote:
There is no log attached.

Maps change instantly, a little adaption period is required for full power though.
It's there now.
(#1662)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-12-2019, 10:05 PM

Really short run but seems OK to me.

Burger Motorsports

(#1663)
Old

Default 02-12-2019, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Really short run but seems OK to me.
It was 3rd gear from 2k rpm.

I can do a longer log if needed.
(#1664)
Old
Kia Efficinato

Car: 2018 Kia Stinger GT AWD
Default 02-13-2019, 08:10 AM

Hey @Terry, question for you. I'm running the "valet" map because of our crappy weather up here. I'm going into no boost / limp mode and got a P0200 CEL yesterday. I managed to catch it in a log this morning. In fact, I think I can duplicate it. The car will run in any other map fine. The ignition timing jumps up really high after the boost cuts out. I am running 93 octane. The system resets when I restart the car. I did have to manually clear the DTC.

Let me know what you'd like me to do next.
Attached Files
File Type: csv Map-0 before FAIL.csv (5.4 KB, 16 views)
File Type: csv Map-2 before FAIL.csv (5.7 KB, 28 views)
File Type: csv Map-4 WITH FAIL.csv (8.2 KB, 22 views)
File Type: csv Map-0 after FAIL.csv (9.7 KB, 36 views)
File Type: csv Map-1 after FAIL.csv (4.0 KB, 16 views)

-MurlinatoR

Connoisseur of all things Kia
(#1665)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-13-2019, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurlinatoR
Hey @Terry, question for you. I'm running the "valet" map because of our crappy weather up here. I'm going into no boost / limp mode and got a P0200 CEL yesterday. I managed to catch it in a log this morning. In fact, I think I can duplicate it. The car will run in any other map fine. The ignition timing jumps up really high after the boost cuts out. I am running 93 octane. The system resets when I restart the car. I did have to manually clear the DTC.

Let me know what you'd like me to do next.
Code comes up only on VALET? Could be a bug, I haven't run that map full time much yet. Will see if I can recreate and update in the next firmware version.

Burger Motorsports

(#1666)
Old
Kia Efficinato

Default 02-13-2019, 10:51 AM

Yes Sir. Been flawless until yesterday when I ran it in map 4 because of the ice. The first time it went limp *insert funny joke here* without a DTC. I pulled over and restarted and all good. I tried a few other maps, including 0, and all good. Put it back in 4 and it threw the code and went limp again. Cleared the code and left it in 0 until this morning.

Put it in 4 and hit the throttle. After the shift into 2nd, it failed again.

-MurlinatoR

(#1667)
Old
Kia Efficinato

Default 02-13-2019, 03:04 PM

And what do you see with the logs? Anything obvious?

-MurlinatoR

(#1668)
Old

Default 02-13-2019, 06:56 PM

Does anyone else feel like the car is faster in normal mode, vs sport mode. Mine feels much harder pulling from a stop than sport mode does.
(#1669)
Old
Kia Efficinato

Default 02-13-2019, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Does anyone else feel like the car is faster in normal mode, vs sport mode. Mine feels much harder pulling from a stop than sport mode does.
What mode is "normal"? LOL

-MurlinatoR

(#1670)
Old

Default 02-13-2019, 07:22 PM

Quote:
What mode is "normal"? LOL
Comfort, sorry.
(#1671)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-13-2019, 07:51 PM

Quote:
And what do you see with the logs? Anything obvious?
I haven't looked in to your VALET code yet, when I get a chance I'll let you know what I find.

Burger Motorsports

(#1672)
Old
Kia Efficinato

Default 02-13-2019, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Comfort, sorry.
What map do you have your JB4 on? You have summer or all season tires?

-MurlinatoR

(#1673)
Old

Default 02-13-2019, 10:47 PM

Quote:
What map do you have your JB4 on? You have summer or all season tires?

Map2, awd, factory tires.
(#1674)
Old

Car: Stinger GT2
Default 02-14-2019, 12:10 AM

Terry and/or other experts, I finally got around to logging a few runs; how am I looking so far?

Thanks in advance.....
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-02-13 23_38_50.csv (10.0 KB, 38 views)
File Type: csv 2019-02-14 00_13_33.csv (10.3 KB, 20 views)
File Type: csv 2019-02-14 00_32_20.csv (11.5 KB, 24 views)
(#1675)
Old

Car: '18 Stinger GT2
Default 02-14-2019, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorped
Terry and/or other experts, I finally got around to logging a few runs; how am I looking so far?

Thanks in advance.....
Pretty dang good!