N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#201)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-17-2018, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omar510
Terry, have you reached the upper limit on e85 concentrations?
It seems 30-40% works best, on map5 or map7.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#202)
Old

Car: none
Default 06-17-2018, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
It seems 30-40% works best, on map5 or map7.
Is that e30-e50? Or 30-50% e85?
(#203)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 06-18-2018, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omar510
Is that e30-e50? Or 30-50% e85?
This is what I use for measuring.

http://www.georgebelton.com/E85Calculator.php

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#204)
Old

Car: E92 DCT ///M
Default 06-19-2018, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Was able to strap the F150 2.7L down to the dyno today. Results were pretty impressive!

Runs were done on 91 octane, 6th gear which hits speed limiter around 5500rpm. Gains of ~50whp and ~70whp! Can't wait to get some E85 in here.
Damn, i dint know you did this. I think ill pick a JB up and compare it to my Nguage 93/tow tune.
(#205)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-19-2018, 12:10 PM

Long time no talk! What are you up to these days? Still doing those 1/2 mile races?

Burger Motorsports

(#206)
Old

Car: E92 DCT ///M
Default 06-20-2018, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Long time no talk! What are you up to these days? Still doing those 1/2 mile races?
still trying, the venue we had got too rough to continue,and still meeting with new locations; but the roll racing is packed so at least east coasters have something.

So if im reading this correctly, JB map4. In theory, i could log my 87octane MPG flash tune, and log my 93 octane/tow tune?

Id like to see what its currently doing with the flash tunes, and then from there, decide where to dial in the custom JB mapping for towing/performance
(#207)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 06-20-2018, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostMarine
still trying, the venue we had got too rough to continue,and still meeting with new locations; but the roll racing is packed so at least east coasters have something.

So if im reading this correctly, JB map4. In theory, i could log my 87octane MPG flash tune, and log my 93 octane/tow tune?

Id like to see what its currently doing with the flash tunes, and then from there, decide where to dial in the custom JB mapping for towing/performance
Yes, that would work.

Burger Motorsports

(#208)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-20-2018, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostMarine

Definitely.. Logging is active on map0. I've had a few flash customers run the JB4 just for logging and to add 1-2psi when on higher octane fuel on the fly.

Burger Motorsports

(#209)
Old

Car: 2008 335xi e92
Default 06-20-2018, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Definitely.. Logging is active on map0. I've had a few flash customers run the JB4 just for logging and to add 1-2psi when on higher octane fuel on the fly.
That's what I'm doing, and loving it.

2001 Corvette Z06
Performance*BTR stage 3 cam package*Ported 243 heads*XS Power LTs and x-pipe*Vararam intake and power duct*Dyno tuned by Strictly Performance*Nitto 555r*450whp/408wtq
2017 Ford F150
Performance*JB4*BCB e50 custom tune*Best 1/4-12.7@108
(#210)
Old

Car: 2018 F-150 Limited
Default 06-25-2018, 09:32 PM

Hey Terry/Payam---any updates for the F-150, been quite in here lol--
(#211)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-26-2018, 08:28 AM

We've been shipping a lot of them and collecting a lot of great feedback. Working on a few things now so expect a firmware update at some point in the next few weeks.

Burger Motorsports

(#212)
Old

Default 06-26-2018, 11:30 AM

Quote:
We've been shipping a lot of them and collecting a lot of great feedback. Working on a few things now so expect a firmware update at some point in the next few weeks.
Sweet--So do the firmware updates just tweak the settings and make the truck run that much better?
(#213)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-26-2018, 11:53 AM

Tweaks, addl maps, bug fixes, mapping changes, etc, etc.

Burger Motorsports

(#214)
Old

Default 06-26-2018, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Tweaks, addl maps, bug fixes, mapping changes, etc, etc.
Nice--looking forward to the updates and constant improvements!
(#215)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-03-2018, 04:40 PM

JB4_F150_2:

1) Increased torque on map2
2) Back end change to increase analog channel sampling rates. Should not be noticable to end user but may improve smoothness of idle and other aspects of JB4 operation.
3) Adjustment to CANbus logic to hopefully avoid false alarm 04DB code that a couple customers reported.

Burger Motorsports

(#216)
Old

Car: m3
Default 07-04-2018, 08:45 AM

I've been getting that same code as well.
Snapon scanner says it's a tank vent valve issue.
Ford application pings me and says it's a misfire code.
SP542 spark plugs have made a WORLD of difference in idle quality.

abrhouston.com
832-797-9114
(#217)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-04-2018, 08:48 AM

Interesting, if it's a misfire code then I've been looking at it the wrong way. Presumed it was some sort of back end code. Which cylinder is it?

See if the update helps!

Burger Motorsports

(#218)
Old

Car: m3
Default 07-05-2018, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Interesting, if it's a misfire code then I've been looking at it the wrong way. Presumed it was some sort of back end code. Which cylinder is it?

See if the update helps!
Thats the confusing part.
Again- snapon says its crank case vent disconnected.
The myFord application pings me and says it was a misfire code (but it doesn't say anything past that)
JB4 app has no description.
didn't check it with a generic OBD scanner though.

I have a feeling its tune related, as it comes up with cold air inductions and catch cans if you do a little sniffing on the gargles. FRF has some good threads on it. MPT, whipple, five star seem to just tune it out.

abrhouston.com
832-797-9114
(#219)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-06-2018, 05:28 PM

See if update fixes it. On a separate note, anyone here have any interest in a "valet" map running less boost than stock?

Burger Motorsports

(#220)
Old

Default 07-06-2018, 07:53 PM

Quote:
See if update fixes it. On a separate note, anyone here have any interest in a "valet" map running less boost than stock?
I think that is A GREAT idea to have a valet mode--as in ZERO BOOST!!!
(#221)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-07-2018, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecoldak
I think that is A GREAT idea to have a valet mode--as in ZERO BOOST!!!
I have logic ready that runs around 6psi less than stock. Zero boost is a bit tricky though. If anyone wants to test 6psi less than stock let me know.

Burger Motorsports

(#222)
Old

Car: 335i Coupe
Default 07-09-2018, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex@abrhouston
I've been getting that same code as well.
Snapon scanner says it's a tank vent valve issue.
Ford application pings me and says it's a misfire code.
SP542 spark plugs have made a WORLD of difference in idle quality.
Just to add 2 cents to this.
I had P04DB code as well. Cleared it multiple times.
Removed the JB4 and it was permanently tripped P04DB. Took it to the dealer and they replaced a PCV under warranty. Maybe related....i dunno.
Emailed Terry this past weekend and he said to try the new firmware. Seem to be all good. No codes. Although, I do get some stumbling at times. Maybe ill try the new cold plugs as well.
Another thing I have noticed is that performance seems to trail off after a couple days. I'm wondering if the ECU is learning what the JB4 is handing it. For example, I can floor it and peels tires no problem after install. Couple days later it wont do the same at all.

I'm NOT saying JB4 is at fault here. Probably my engine/plugs.
I'm just sharing feedback so we can all benefit in the future.
(#223)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-09-2018, 10:26 AM

The ECU can't learn out our tuning changes. But it's a turbo vehicle so a lot of conditions contribute to performance changes.

The JB4 has full diagnostics, so record ad JB4 log when it feels slow, and let's see exactly why!

Burger Motorsports

(#224)
Old

Car: 335i Coupe
Default 07-09-2018, 10:37 AM

Quote:
The ECU can't learn out our tuning changes. But it's a turbo vehicle so a lot of conditions contribute to performance changes.

Very true from my N54 days for sure!

The JB4 has full diagnostics, so record ad JB4 log when it feels slow, and let's see exactly why!
Will do! Also, thanks for emailing me back this weekend.
As usual Terry, you're always on point.
(#225)
Old

Car: 2009 E92 335i
Default 07-14-2018, 01:19 PM

Hi Terry,

I have a 2017 3.5L EB and I ordered a JB4 a couple weeks ago. The JB came with the _1 firmware, and I rode around for about a week with no issues or codes popping up. I upgraded to the _2 firmware, rode around for a few days, and yesterday I got the CEL and P04DB under normal driving conditions. I cleared it and so far so good. Just wanted to let you know that the latest update didn't fix this bug. This was the first time my truck ever had a CEL or code pop up after a year of ownership. Other than that, the JB4 and app have been great! Thanks.