N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#676)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-22-2017, 04:48 PM

Don't see how either would be firmware related. But, run whatever version you prefer!

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#677)
Old

Car: 340i
Default 05-22-2017, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Don't see how either would be firmware related. But, run whatever version you prefer!
Terry, I'm no longer seeing values (zeroes throughtput) in my logs for Ign 2, 3, 4, and 6, since updating to the latest firmware via the app. Thoughts?
(#678)
Old
OEM+

Car: '16 340i
Default 05-22-2017, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I M inluv340
As we increase power and torque numbers what are you guys thinking will be the solution for our transmission? The ZF8 speed we have is rated to 450 nm which is under 400lb/ft of torque which if you're running meth you're already over...when pure comes out with a stage 2 it's going to be a 500+ car. I think the tranny will be the weakest link.
Meh I think it'll be fine. TONS of transmissions. Like the auto in new 5.0 are rated at near the limit from factory and hold over twice.

The ZF8, albeit slightly different things for each company, has been quite a workhorse and holds alot of power in vipers, hellcats. I think we'll be fine...

Also we have the second gen. Our zf is different than the 335i ZF8. Ours is 500nm.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZF_8...F_8HP_variants

'16 BSM 340i M Sport + Track Pack.:.M Perf Exhaust.:.Polished BBS RS-GT.:.JB4.:.BMS Intake
(#679)
Old

Car: M140i
Default 05-22-2017, 10:06 PM

No doubt we reduce the life span of the gearbox by forcing much more power through them. But I only keep a car for 2 years or so, so the next guy can worry about that ��
(#680)
Old

Car: 120i
Default 05-22-2017, 11:53 PM

This happen to me when I leave my driver door open, also it seems to happen when I unplugged the CAN bus connector accidentally while the car was on, but after connect back and restart it never happen again, so I just forgot about it until you post this, also that was on 5E FW on new FW never seen this happen.
(#681)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-23-2017, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blckz06
Terry, I'm no longer seeing values (zeroes throughtput) in my logs for Ign 2, 3, 4, and 6, since updating to the latest firmware via the app. Thoughts?
It's a FUD option now.

Quote:
*B48/B58 JB4

FUD:
bit0 - Disable in dash BC button controls
bit1 - Disable wastegate adaption.
bit2 - Disable oil temp warmup safety.
bit3 - User adjustable PWM meth control
bit4 - Enable alternative meth input algorithm where 0-100% flow = .5v - 4.5v input.
bit5 - Disable CANbus when boost is less than 1.5psi
bit6 - Enable cyl 2-6 timing logging (reduces CANbus sample rate on other parameters)
bit7 - Force actual boost value out MAP sensor

FutureUseA: Negative offset to dutycycle via EWG connector to correct for over boost conditions when PWM is low

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#682)
Old

Car: 08 corvette / 06 vue
Default 05-23-2017, 12:33 PM

in what instance would you want to "Disable CANbus when boost is less than 1.5psi"?

-2016 340xi 8AT
-2008 Corvette MN6
(#683)
Old

Car: 2016 BMW 340i xDrive M- Sport
Default 05-23-2017, 12:56 PM

Updated to the 7 and haven't had any problems like some of you were having.

2016 BMW 340i xDrive ///MSport

BMS Billet Intake | JB4 | M Performance BBK RED | ƎR ** | M Performance CF/Alcantara Interior Trim kit | Black Dual slat Kidney Grille |
(#684)
Old

Car: 440i F32
Default 05-24-2017, 02:54 AM

Stupid question, how is FUD used? Just write Bit7 for example?

F32 440i JB4
F11 550i N63tu JB4
(#685)
Old

Default 05-24-2017, 06:53 AM

In the app write 2^(bit) into the FUD variable in:

Settings->User Adjustment->Future Use D

For example is you want to enable bits 1 and 6 to disable WG Adopt. and to enable multi cylinder log.

2^1 + 2^6 = 2 + 64 = 66
(#686)
Old

Car: 440i F32
Default 05-24-2017, 07:25 AM

Thank you

F32 440i JB4
F11 550i N63tu JB4
(#687)
Old

Car: BMW 440XI MPPSK
Default 05-24-2017, 07:43 AM

What? LOL...

Your serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMM
In the app write 2^(bit) into the FUD variable in:

Settings->User Adjustment->Future Use D

For example is you want to enable bits 1 and 6 to disable WG Adopt. and to enable multi cylinder log.

2^1 + 2^6 = 2 + 64 = 66
(#688)
Old
OEM+

Default 05-24-2017, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by risktaker76
What? LOL...

Your serious?

No way

'16 BSM 340i M Sport + Track Pack.:.M Perf Exhaust.:.Polished BBS RS-GT.:.JB4.:.BMS Intake
(#689)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-24-2017, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m123
Stupid question, how is FUD used? Just write Bit7 for example?
The interface has prompts for each bit. But then those are converted to a single byte within the interface and written for backwards compatibility.

Burger Motorsports

(#690)
Old

Default 05-24-2017, 11:30 AM

I see the function now. However the descriptions of each FUD Option on the Web Page (first page of this thread) doesnt match the Application prompt.

Also noticed the heading of the prompt "Twin Turbo N54 FUD Options)"..

So, follow the prompts to designate the function OR whats in the First Page of this Forum thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
The interface has prompts for each bit. But then those are converted to a single byte within the interface and written for backwards compatibility.
(#691)
Old

Default 05-25-2017, 03:29 AM

Follow what is at start of this thread, they use different features for different JB4 FW, PC app refers to some other FW with different features.

The PC app tool will help you to calculate the bit to a single number as well but when I am in my car I use the phone app so I just calculate it using binary (bit) to integer (number) conversion. Yes sets the bit to 1 or on, and no sets to 0.
(#692)
Old

Default 05-25-2017, 04:19 AM

Got it... have a degree in CS....you can imagine what I do for a living and why it's funny to me..

It's nice to know jb4 users are a tad smarter than the average grease monkey..

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMM
Follow what is at start of this thread, they use different features for different JB4 FW, PC app refers to some other FW with different features.

The PC app tool will help you to calculate the bit to a single number as well but when I am in my car I use the phone app so I just calculate it using binary (bit) to integer (number) conversion. Yes sets the bit to 1 or on, and no sets to 0.
(#693)
Old
OEM+

Default 05-25-2017, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Got it... have a degree in CS....you can imagine what I do for a living and why it's funny to me..

It's nice to know jb4 users are a tad smarter than the average grease monkey..

Yea I'm in healthcare LOL. Don't have a clue what yall are talking about lol

I also see removal of the oil temp safety. What temp is the safety set to from factory?

What's some good settings to start map 6 at if I have intake lesscat pipedown and running torco mixed to 104 octane u.s.?

(#694)
Old

Car: Mini Cooper S 2.0 aut
Default 05-25-2017, 08:39 AM

Hi,

Sorry for the stupyd question. Can I update my JB4 with this last firmware. I have a B48 F56 MINI Cooper. Which is the safety boost to my car? Is the same 26 PSI from the BMWs?

Thanks.

Sato.

Last edited by fjsato; 05-25-2017 at 08:56 AM..
(#695)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-25-2017, 09:09 AM

No, this is a BMW thread. MINI software is posted here: http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33083

Burger Motorsports

(#696)
Old
JB4 addict

Car: powered by JB4
Default 05-25-2017, 01:27 PM

So after having new firmware in for a week or so now, with MPPSK it's very noticeable when flaps are open/closed.

2 things that I've notices so far:
- On startup, it's a variable length of time before flaps open & stay open. Sometimes 3secs, other times it's a lot longer like 10 - 20 secs. Kinda weird that it's not same time every time operation.

- Left arrow forces open but right arrow doesn't appear to be OEM operation. It's more like force flaps closed. This is more evident to me because with MPPSK in sport/sport+ it forces flaps to stay open. However, if I enable right arrow, in sport/sport+ it's very quite and doesn't keep flaps open like original OEM operation
(#697)
Old

Default 05-25-2017, 01:54 PM

Well that sucks... If you disable the JB4 does it go back to stock operation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spikiii
So after having new firmware in for a week or so now, with MPPSK it's very noticeable when flaps are open/closed.

2 things that I've notices so far:
- On startup, it's a variable length of time before flaps open & stay open. Sometimes 3secs, other times it's a lot longer like 10 - 20 secs. Kinda weird that it's not same time every time operation.

- Left arrow forces open but right arrow doesn't appear to be OEM operation. It's more like force flaps closed. This is more evident to me because with MPPSK in sport/sport+ it forces flaps to stay open. However, if I enable right arrow, in sport/sport+ it's very quite and doesn't keep flaps open like original OEM operation
(#698)
Old
JB4 addict

Car: powered by JB4
Default 05-25-2017, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Well that sucks... If you disable the JB4 does it go back to stock operation?
good question... i'll give it a try and let you know. lol
(#699)
Old

Car: F30 340i
Default 05-26-2017, 02:51 AM

Hey terry
How does map 6 works ?
If you can help me and other users as well
What number psi and other number we have adjust?
-----
*B48/B58 JB4

FUD:
bit0 - Disable in dash BC button controls
bit1 - Disable wastegate adaption.
bit2 - Disable oil temp warmup safety.
bit3 - User adjustable PWM meth control
bit4 - Enable alternative meth input algorithm where 0-100% flow = .5v - 4.5v input.
bit5 - Disable CANbus when boost is less than 1.5psi
bit6 - Enable cyl 2-6 timing logging (reduces CANbus sample rate on other parameters)
bit7 - Force actual boost value out MAP sensor

FutureUseA: Negative offset to dutycycle via EWG connector to correct for over boost conditions when PWM is low
----
And how does this work ?

Thank you I am new
I just got my jb4 and the FBO
(#700)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 05-27-2017, 05:18 AM

Hi, I'm from Germany and drive a M240i B58. I would like to buy the jb4 soon but would like to know how much horsepower and torque I will have with map 1 .. Will only have the 400 hp and 600 nm torque that is enough for me ..