N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
*Rollin 3rd*

Car: E93 335i
Default JB4 Rev 3 Connect questions - 03-25-2017, 04:47 PM

I have the Jb4 kit and rev 3 bluetooth kit

My first concern is when i tap the boost gauge on my device twice it gives me max boost readings that are pretty high 19-21 psi and are not consistent with my standard line to BOV boost gauge. Boost spike

Second and this one took me forever to notice. Occasionally i would get hazards flashing once not related to my shift light (set to 6k). When I did get a chance to look at my jb4 gauges when it happens i notice my oil temp would spike really high for a fraction of a second. No adverse side effects

Other than that the jb4 together with the connect kit is fantastic
Any help would me most appreciated
Cheers
(#2)
Old

Car: 2013 N55 135is
Default 03-25-2017, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Boost?
I have the Jb4 kit and rev 3 bluetooth kit

My first concern is when i tap the boost gauge on my device twice it gives me max boost readings that are pretty high 19-21 psi and are not consistent with my standard line to BOV boost gauge. Boost spike

Second and this one took me forever to notice. Occasionally i would get hazards flashing once not related to my shift light (set to 6k). When I did get a chance to look at my jb4 gauges when it happens i notice my oil temp would spike really high for a fraction of a second. No adverse side effects

Other than that the jb4 together with the connect kit is fantastic
Any help would me most appreciated
Cheers
The hazards could be your engine warming to 160 or going to limp? Those are the only times I've seen it outside shift light.
Post some datalogs of the problem. The oil temp is probably set to boost or something else once you pass 50% throttle.

2013 E82 135is N55 JB4-BEF FBO
(#3)
Old
*Rollin 3rd*

Default 03-25-2017, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inevitab1e
The hazards could be your engine warming to 160 or going to limp? Those are the only times I've seen it outside shift light.
Post some datalogs of the problem. The oil temp is probably set to boost or something else once you pass 50% throttle.

First thank you for your reponse

I ruled out warm up as well. Morning routine allows for a good warm up before driving off. The car isn't going into limp mode, no half engine light or SEL. I did however have a code show up among my ** detection codes forgot the number but it was relating to oil condition sensor. I could start there as it isn't that hard or costly of a job...car does have 107k miles and who knows if POs even thought about replacing.

Something worth mentioning also the oil temp gauge spike only shows its self on the app but the oil temp on the dash does not react/spike the same way.
(#4)
Old

Car: 2013 N55 135is
Default 03-26-2017, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Boost?
First thank you for your reponse

I ruled out warm up as well. Morning routine allows for a good warm up before driving off. The car isn't going into limp mode, no half engine light or SEL. I did however have a code show up among my ** detection codes forgot the number but it was relating to oil condition sensor. I could start there as it isn't that hard or costly of a job...car does have 107k miles and who knows if POs even thought about replacing.

Something worth mentioning also the oil temp gauge spike only shows its self on the app but the oil temp on the dash does not react/spike the same way.
Maybe the blinkers flash every time a code comes up? The app may just be acting funny. I'd create a datalog so you can see what the oil temp is doing.

2013 E82 135is N55 JB4-BEF FBO
(#5)
Old
*Rollin 3rd*

Default 03-26-2017, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inevitab1e
Maybe the blinkers flash every time a code comes up? The app may just be acting funny. I'd create a datalog so you can see what the oil temp is doing.
That was one of my first thoughts since I get the ********* codes BUT even when I have the codes auto clearing through JB4 I still get the spike along with hazards flash.

Not a bad idea but the log would be pretty big since these spikes don't happen often and I would need to leave the device constantly logging. It wont hurt to try though ill give it a shot
(#6)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 03-27-2017, 05:53 PM

Blinkers flash for 1 of 3 reasons. Up to temp, running lean, shift light. Have you checked to see what menu 3 is set to?

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.