JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2020 Stinger GT1 RWD
Default Pixel 6 Pro + JB4 not working, drains battery, and heats up phone instead - 03-06-2022, 07:39 PM

I bought a JB4 with bluetooth module about a year ago and it was working fine, never had any issues. I had a Samsung Galaxy S21 back then on Android 11. When the Google Pixel 6 came out, I got one on release day and loaded all my apps back on and never thought to check JB4 app because I had the map set for exactly what I needed.

Well fast forward to now, I tried to pull up the app and it tells me that it can't connect to JB4, nor can it find anything, and it thinks my location setting are turned off. Checked app permissions...nope, JB4 has full access to location. Hopped on the Kia Stinger forums to see if anyone else had the issue and was told to try joining the beta because it got theirs working. So, I joined the beta, waited to be approved, uninstalled the app, downloaded the new beta one, launched the app - nothing. Rebooted the phone - nothing.

Eventually I had to uninstall the app because I noticed my phone's battery was being hammered because in barely an hour of sitting on the kitchen table untouched, I lost 29% battery life and the back of the phone was extremely hot. That has never happened until after I downloaded the beta...

So....what else is going on? Did the Bluetooth module suddenly die? If that's the case, is there a warranty on these things? Would be pretty lame to barely get a year out of a $600 device
(#2)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 03-06-2022, 08:52 PM

Best to email support@jb4connectkit.com for assistance with the app and mobile connect kit.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#3)
Old

Car: 2020 Stinger GT1 RWD
Default 03-06-2022, 09:01 PM

Gotcha, I'll reach out to that email